Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning - after a very unusual 6 pre-handwash!! I should have resisted wasting a strip before washing my hands I know! 5.7 ok though, I had 2 Squares of 70% at bedtime instead of 1 by way of a treat!! Bed time was 5.7 too so not too shabby in all I guess!
Oh, and 2 hrs after breakfast I'm 5.9 so all in range for me!

Reactions: 17 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.9 don't know where that cam from apart from super meal out last night and possibly just possibly I had some chips , oops,
With my main course and also some ice cream for desert.

Knew it would not be a good reading for me this morning, but sometimes it just has to be done.

Off to my bike for some early exercise to get my readings back in the curve that I like.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Loving my exercise bike John! I aim for a good half hour session, usually afternoon at the moment then often a 15 min post dinner session- i blast my music out and off I go!!

Reactions: 11 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 at bedtime at 11-45pm
5.6 at bathroom visit at 4-45pm
6.0 this morning at 10-15am after long lie in.

S

Sable_Jan

5.7 this morning - after a very unusual 6 pre-handwash!! I should have resisted wasting a strip before washing my hands I know! 5.7 ok though, I had 2 Squares of 70% at bedtime instead of 1 by way of a treat!! Bed time was 5.7 too so not too shabby in all I guess!
Oh, and 2 hrs after breakfast I'm 5.9 so all in range for me!
going great without the meds @kimbo1962 :playful:

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Quick report from Cote d'Ivoire - erratic meals over the last two days, Air France only had one meal option on the plane (pasta - on an A380 only about 20% full!) which I didn't eat, by the time I got to the hotel I was starving and had some french bread and lashings of butter while waiting for my (very nice) salad and fillet of sole stuffed with veg. I don't know what my preprandial was but my +2 was 5.5 so the bread can't have been that bad. Next morning (yesterday) at 5:30 am prior to travelling up country I was 5.0, a joint record low.

Camp food is a bit lacking in veg at the moment. Lunch yesterday was a baguette with tuna and tomato, I just had the filling and a mouthful of baguette, dinner was either chicken or pork with either chips or rice. I had the chicken and some chips as the least bad option, just had a few of them, but spiked from 5.1 to 7.2 as a result.

But this morning at 6:30 I was back to 5.1.

Fortunately I have my emergency supply of brazil nuts and there are lots of peanuts available here so I'm not going to starve! Nice tomato and onion omelette for breakfast though.

These early morning fastings make me think I'm typically going quite low overnight but with a slight LD before testing at my usual more civilised hour, though still recording slightly below the previous night's +2 ...

Reactions: 18 people
S

Sable_Jan

Quick report from Cote d'Ivoire - erratic meals over the last two days, Air France only had one meal option on the plane (pasta - on an A380 only about 20% full!) which I didn't eat, by the time I got to the hotel I was starving and had some french bread and lashings of butter while waiting for my (very nice) salad and fillet of sole stuffed with veg. I don't know what my preprandial was but my +2 was 5.5 so the bread can't have been that bad. Next morning (yesterday) at 5:30 am prior to travelling up country I was 5.0, a joint record low.

Camp food is a bit lacking in veg at the moment. Lunch yesterday was a baguette with tuna and tomato, I just had the filling and a mouthful of baguette, dinner was either chicken or pork with either chips or rice. I had the chicken and some chips as the least bad option, just had a few of them, but spiked from 5.1 to 7.2 as a result.

Fortunately I have my emergency supply of brazil nuts and there are lots of peanuts available here so I'm not going to starve! Nice tomato and onion omelette for breakfast though.

These early morning fastings make me think I'm typically going quite low overnight but with a slight LD before testing at my usual more civilised hour, though still recording slightly below the previous night's +2 ...
I vaguely recall seeing Margaret Thatcher doing some cookery on tv and making French Bread - she "washed the dough" to release all the starches which was what gave it it's texture. Will check my GI/GL counter later and see if its ok for you

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Very good readings Rod. Even the 7.2 was within an acceptable range. Don't work too hard. ;)

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I vaguely recall seeing Margaret Thatcher doing some cookery on tv and making French Bread - she "washed the dough" to release all the starches which was what gave it it's texture. Will check my GI/GL counter later and see if its ok for you
Really? :eek:

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Wow surreal! Sure it wasn't ***** Cradock? :hilarious:

S

Sable_Jan

REALLY.... did a quick Google but not brought anything up in the first 50 results .... I think she did it for a children's science program

I've checked and the french bread is either High GI and M GL or M for both - M being medium of course. What surprises me Granary is supposed to be Low - I'm sure its got to be a typo - but it says it for all 3 ie bread/rolls/baps

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7 today which perfectly matched with my serum fasting levels (I took them at the same time). Pretty good job freestyle freedom lite! Spot on! Hba1c at 34 :) yay x

Have a good day! :)

Reactions: 20 people
S

Sable_Jan

Wow surreal! Sure it wasn't ***** Cradock? :hilarious:
F1.medium.gif
Margaret Thatcher as research scientist. A publicity photograph taken for the 1951 election campaign.
Still not found what I was looking for but it was defo on a kids science program - and I've sorta confirmed it to myself about the science bit.....
Never a fan of the Iron Lady in politics but it was interesting to see her applying science to the bread making.....

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's a fantastic fasting, don't be so hard on yourself.......:(

I know it's a decent fasting score, but once we stabilise things, we each tend to operate within personal parameters, and that's outside of mine - 3.5 - 4.5. It's not the end of the world, but I'm usually pretty steady.

No matter. Things will be clearer in a few days.

Reactions: 8 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
F1.medium.gif
Margaret Thatcher as research scientist. A publicity photograph taken for the 1951 election campaign.
Still not found what I was looking for but it was defo on a kids science program - and I've sorta confirmed it to myself about the science bit.....
Never a fan of the Iron Lady in politics but it was interesting to see her applying science to the bread making.....

Well she did Chemistry at Oxford, and from a profile programme about her eons ago, she did a lot of cooking. So I believe you!

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Loving my exercise bike John! I aim for a good half hour session, usually afternoon at the moment then often a 15 min post dinner session- i blast my music out and off I go!!

Exercise a great and powerful tool in this fight against elevated Blood Sugar levels.

My two best friend in this war, Accu-Chek Aviva and the ability to still do a wide range of exercises.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
REALLY.... did a quick Google but not brought anything up in the first 50 results .... I think she did it for a children's science program

I've checked and the french bread is either High GI and M GL or M for both - M being medium of course. What surprises me Granary is supposed to be Low - I'm sure its got to be a typo - but it says it for all 3 ie bread/rolls/baps
My goodness... you're more of a ferret than I am, I reckon... :) How cool is that? :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Exercise a great and powerful tool in this fight against elevated Blood Sugar levels.

My two best friend in this war, Accu-Chek Aviva and the ability to still do a wide range of exercises.
Absolutely... :)

Reactions: 7 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
4.7 today which perfectly matched with my serum fasting levels (I took them at the same time). Pretty good job freestyle freedom lite! Spot on! Hba1c at 34 :) yay x

Have a good day! :)
Well done you... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.