What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

Mmmm mixeď today

Lots of eggs!

B. 2 fried eggs, 2 rashers of bacon -working from home.
L. Left it late, then starving, succumbed to a sausage sarnie on white bread ( no bergen in freezer!). Tasted fab though but bs 10.7 after 2 hours :eek: but down to 5.2 at 3h:).
D. will be sausages and egg omelette ( with added butter and cream :happy:)
Not too drastic then and sounds divine..... The simplest of pleasures ;)

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

I found the recipe for the Taramasalata! :) Here it is, just the way the Greek chef In Restaurant 21 in Athens wrote it for me...

5 slices of toast bread (only the pith) :)
Erm, (only the pith), crusts? Breadcrumbs.....:confused: only time I heard of pith is the white stuff on oranges between flesh and rind

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've eaten raisin bread, porridge with sugar and a piece of donut because I was having low carb fatigue :) not to be recommended to others though! I'll be back to regular programming Tom :)

What did that little lot do to your numbers, pray tell?

Reactions: 9 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What did that little lot do to your numbers, pray tell?

I bet she got away with it, cos she's defatted her liver, and skinnified, and reversed, and everything.
(this is me green with envy, in case you didn't realise ;))

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bet she got away with it, cos she's defatted her liver, and skinnified, and reversed, and everything.
(this is me green with envy, in case you didn't realise ;))

I wouldn't have said green was your colour...........................;)

Reactions: 11 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
[Quote_Jan, post: 751584, member: 88828"]Not too drastic then and sounds divine..... The simplest of pleasures ;)[/QUOTE]

I definitely savour the deliciousness of it when I do have something like that. Had forgotten how fab a sausage sandwich tasted ;) not to be repeated too often though! x

Reactions: 7 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Yesterday ate pretty much same as day before BG 6.3 all day

Today the same bar dinner, mushroom omelette, piece of cheese and jelly for pud.

I have not had hardly any carbs last 3 days and my BG and FBG have been amazing, but I've had heart palpitations ongoing throughout the last two days, does anyone else have ?
I do have Wolf Parkinson White syndrome (irregular beat) but not had for a while, could serious low carbing be doing this ? or maybe it is stress related also as wife is quite ill :(

Reactions: 10 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast boiled egg spelt toast
Lunch ( 2 lunch day !!!) chicken and leek soup from deli then a small ham salad I'd packed
Snack 1/4 of one of those Moser Roth 85% bars and small soy latte
Dinner 2 heck sausages, bacon, mushrooms, tomato, poached egg.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: yoghurt with raspberries. I'm feeling a bit of fat overload today, 2 coffees with cream
L: nothing
D: out for tea with mother. Started off well, with salt beef hash with two fried eggs on top, baby boiled pots underneath - only had four halves of these teeny weeny pots. 6 months ago I would have devoured the lot and probably finished off my mother's chips too! Went a bit wrong after that as I succumbed to a rhubarb, plum and cherry crumble with ice cream and custard :blush: naughty, naughty, naughty, and a coffee with cream
Still stuffed now! Might have a snack later tho

Reactions: 8 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Today the same bar dinner, mushroom omelette, piece of cheese and jelly for pud.

I have not had hardly any carbs last 3 days and my BG and FBG have been amazing, but I've had heart palpitations ongoing throughout the last two days, does anyone else have ?
I do have Wolf Parkinson White syndrome (irregular beat) but not had for a while, could serious low carbing be doing this ? or maybe it is stress related also as wife is quite ill :(

I think you can get palpitations with low carbing. It is mentioned on diet doctor I'm sure. Perhaps mention it to your health care provider. I get them but mine are either from ongoing anxiety disorder or the change, as they did get worse when that kicked in. I also notice them when my Bs goes below 4.7- not a genuine hypo but obviously low for me.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Try upping your salt. Drink bovril or broth made from a stock cube and water.
When we start low carbing, our body dumps water retention quite fast, and as it does, it flushes some useful minerals out at the same time (potassium and magnesium, I think)

I really don't want to imply I can advise you on heart palpitations (You need to consult a HCP!),
but -for information only - have a read of this
http://www.webmd.boots.com/a-to-z-guides/low-potassium-hypokalaemia
You can get potassium supplements from boots or holland and barratt.
I get cramps in hot weather, and always have a bottle of potassium tablets on hand.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Thank you Cold Ethyl & Brunneria for advice, I was getting cramp yesterday more so than normal, even when I yawned my underneath of my mouth seized up (was freaky) and I never gave it a thought of losing minerals / salts, I've had headaches also, so will try some bovril or supplements, won't be down to the change :)

Reactions: 12 people
S

Sable_Jan

B: yoghurt with raspberries. I'm feeling a bit of fat overload today, 2 coffees with cream
L: nothing
D: out for tea with mother. Started off well, with salt beef hash with two fried eggs on top, baby boiled pots underneath - only had four halves of these teeny weeny pots. 6 months ago I would have devoured the lot and probably finished off my mother's chips too! Went a bit wrong after that as I succumbed to a rhubarb, plum and cherry crumble with ice cream and custard :blush: naughty, naughty, naughty, and a coffee with cream
Still stuffed now! Might have a snack later tho
Ooooh, drool, drool....that sounds gorgeous - apart from ice cream AND custard.....we all have a moment of naughtiness now and again......tomorrow is another day......just with less carbs than today

Reactions: 8 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 9bar and, um... something to drink
L: (inspired by @turvell ;)) scram egg with chorizo and MUSHROOMS
D: Goan curry with carrots, peppers, baby corn, broccoli and green beans, followed by a vanilla coyo (Yum! New flavour, with itty bitty posh real vanilla seeds and no sugar! Yum!)

But not enough to drink today. But if I guzzle water now, I will be widdling all night.
Decisions, decisions...

S

Sable_Jan

breakfast.: butter loaded toast
Lunch: 4 chicken style crumbed burgers with green beans (no buns of course)
Tea: 2 1/2 large hotdogs, slice of well buttered white toast, bit of ravioli
Snacks: half mini pkt hula hoops, half bar sugar free chocolate, bit of coconut,
Not the best set of meals ever...... But tomorrow is a better day

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Snacks: half mini pkt hula hoops, half bar sugar free chocolate, bit of coconut,

I'd be comatose on that lot.

Reactions: 5 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What kind of sugar free choc are you using Jan? @Sable_Jan :)

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

I'd be comatose on that lot.
No rolls to put the hotdogs in, just the sausages so not so bad as it sounds ;)......and the ravioli was only about 4 of the pieces. The half mini bag of hula hoops would've been around 8g of carbs if I remember rightly - dogs got the other half between them

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.