1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by SamJB, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Not too drastic then and sounds divine..... The simplest of pleasures ;)

• Like Like x 6
  2. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Erm, (only the pith), crusts? Breadcrumbs.....:confused: only time I heard of pith is the white stuff on oranges between flesh and rind

• Like Like x 4
  3. AndBreathe

AndBreathe I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

What did that little lot do to your numbers, pray tell?

• Like Like x 9
  4. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

I bet she got away with it, cos she's defatted her liver, and skinnified, and reversed, and everything.
    (this is me green with envy, in case you didn't realise ;))

• Like Like x 9
  5. AndBreathe

AndBreathe I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

I wouldn't have said green was your colour...........................;)

• Like Like x 11
  6. HA3

HA3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

[Quote_Jan, post: 751584, member: 88828"]Not too drastic then and sounds divine..... The simplest of pleasures ;)[/QUOTE]

I definitely savour the deliciousness of it when I do have something like that. Had forgotten how fab a sausage sandwich tasted ;) not to be repeated too often though! x

• Like Like x 7
  7. Weird Science

Weird Science Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yesterday ate pretty much same as day before BG 6.3 all day

Today the same bar dinner, mushroom omelette, piece of cheese and jelly for pud.

I have not had hardly any carbs last 3 days and my BG and FBG have been amazing, but I've had heart palpitations ongoing throughout the last two days, does anyone else have ?
    I do have Wolf Parkinson White syndrome (irregular beat) but not had for a while, could serious low carbing be doing this ? or maybe it is stress related also as wife is quite ill :(

• Like Like x 10
  8. cold ethyl

cold ethyl Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Breakfast boiled egg spelt toast
    Lunch ( 2 lunch day !!!) chicken and leek soup from deli then a small ham salad I'd packed
    Snack 1/4 of one of those Moser Roth 85% bars and small soy latte
    Dinner 2 heck sausages, bacon, mushrooms, tomato, poached egg.

• Like Like x 9
  9. pavlovsdog

pavlovsdog Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B: yoghurt with raspberries. I'm feeling a bit of fat overload today, 2 coffees with cream
    L: nothing
    D: out for tea with mother. Started off well, with salt beef hash with two fried eggs on top, baby boiled pots underneath - only had four halves of these teeny weeny pots. 6 months ago I would have devoured the lot and probably finished off my mother's chips too! Went a bit wrong after that as I succumbed to a rhubarb, plum and cherry crumble with ice cream and custard :blush: naughty, naughty, naughty, and a coffee with cream
    Still stuffed now! Might have a snack later tho

• Like Like x 8
  10. cold ethyl

I think you can get palpitations with low carbing. It is mentioned on diet doctor I'm sure. Perhaps mention it to your health care provider. I get them but mine are either from ongoing anxiety disorder or the change, as they did get worse when that kicked in. I also notice them when my Bs goes below 4.7- not a genuine hypo but obviously low for me.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Brunneria

Staff Member

Try upping your salt. Drink bovril or broth made from a stock cube and water.
    When we start low carbing, our body dumps water retention quite fast, and as it does, it flushes some useful minerals out at the same time (potassium and magnesium, I think)

I really don't want to imply I can advise you on heart palpitations (You need to consult a HCP!),
    but -for information only - have a read of this
    http://www.webmd.boots.com/a-to-z-guides/low-potassium-hypokalaemia
    You can get potassium supplements from boots or holland and barratt.
    I get cramps in hot weather, and always have a bottle of potassium tablets on hand.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Weird Science

Weird Science Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you Cold Ethyl & Brunneria for advice, I was getting cramp yesterday more so than normal, even when I yawned my underneath of my mouth seized up (was freaky) and I never gave it a thought of losing minerals / salts, I've had headaches also, so will try some bovril or supplements, won't be down to the change :)

• Like Like x 12
  13. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Ooooh, drool, drool....that sounds gorgeous - apart from ice cream AND custard.....we all have a moment of naughtiness now and again......tomorrow is another day......just with less carbs than today

• Like Like x 8
  14. Brunneria

Staff Member

B: 9bar and, um... something to drink
    L: (inspired by @turvell ;)) scram egg with chorizo and MUSHROOMS
    D: Goan curry with carrots, peppers, baby corn, broccoli and green beans, followed by a vanilla coyo (Yum! New flavour, with itty bitty posh real vanilla seeds and no sugar! Yum!)

But not enough to drink today. But if I guzzle water now, I will be widdling all night.
    Decisions, decisions...

• Like Like x 9
  15. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

breakfast.: butter loaded toast
    Lunch: 4 chicken style crumbed burgers with green beans (no buns of course)
    Tea: 2 1/2 large hotdogs, slice of well buttered white toast, bit of ravioli
    Snacks: half mini pkt hula hoops, half bar sugar free chocolate, bit of coconut,
    Not the best set of meals ever...... But tomorrow is a better day

• Like Like x 6
  16. cold ethyl

I'd be comatose on that lot.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Adelle0607

Adelle0607 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@AndBreathe @Brunneria

Didn't check :) i ran out of strips and couldn't resist the raisin bread roll that was sitting on the countertop and it was lush! Divine :D from a former sugar addict that was my idea of heaven x now back to low carb! :)

• Like Like x 9
  18. Adelle0607

Adelle0607 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

What kind of sugar free choc are you using Jan? @Sable_Jan :)

• Like Like x 4
  19. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

I shall try to remember to look in the morning as am in bed now. Remind me if I forget

• Like Like x 4
  20. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

No rolls to put the hotdogs in, just the sausages so not so bad as it sounds ;)......and the ravioli was only about 4 of the pieces. The half mini bag of hula hoops would've been around 8g of carbs if I remember rightly - dogs got the other half between them

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook