What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a good day, feeling full of cold, splitting headache and craving carbs for some reason. Haven't resisted as well as i should :(.

B. 2 boiled eggs and 2 potato farls I found looking at me from the freezer :facepalm:, at least they have all gone now and won't be replaced.
2 lamb burgers with lettuce wraps but then gave in to 2 slices of toast :sorry:
D. Roast chicken, few peas and carrots, butternut squash and cabbage mash fried in butter with some bacon bits.

haven't tested all day until now - 1.5 hours since dinner and 5.5 so maybe not as bad a day as I thoughto_O

Reactions: 8 people

pms543

Does anyone recall the gorgeous cheese sauce recipe on this thread someone posted ( forget who that someone was) if anyone can link me to it please will be much appreciated. I gave been trying to find it and no jot.....

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Not a good day, feeling full of cold, splitting headache and craving carbs for some reason. Haven't resisted as well as i should :(.

B. 2 boiled eggs and 2 potato farls I found looking at me from the freezer :facepalm:, at least they have all gone now and won't be replaced.
2 lamb burgers with lettuce wraps but then gave in to 2 slices of toast :sorry:
D. Roast chicken, few peas and carrots, butternut squash and cabbage mash fried in butter with some bacon bits.

haven't tested all day until now - 1.5 hours since dinner and 5.5 so maybe not as bad a day as I thoughto_O
Grrr, don't exactly what happened there but I wrote my reply, my palm caught the touch pad on the lappy and wahey, I was two pages back but with no option to go forwards again. Try again

I've had a couple of naughty days but not even feeling ill (which is good really). Mayb your headache was a bit of carb withdrawal? Hope you are feeling better soon. It wasn't such a bad day food-wise, but we all have days when we eat stuff we really shouldn't. Forget it and move on :)

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Okay - today
Breakfast: Apple & blackberry crumble with thick squirty cream (5.2 to 5.8) how, I don't know cos it was a pie filling with ready made crumble mix....
Lunch: Leftover quorn curry with sweetcorn leftover from yesterday with a naan bread (6.1 to 5.9)
Tea: A sort of omelette or frittata (call it what you will) it goes as follows
3 slices bacon cut into bits fried with a large chopped spring onion and a small can of chick peas. When bacon and onion is cooked to your liking add 3 beaten eggs letting them spread all around the pan. Medium heat all the while. While egg is setting 'ping' two frozen blocks of spinach and grate whatever cheese you like in whatever quantity you like (today was last bit of strong cheddar and a piece of cheddar with chives). When egg is nearly set spread spinach and cheese over the top. Cook for a while then fold omelette over on itself. I usually then cook a bit longer then cut in half and flip over. For frittata style it is supposed to be topped with the cheese then popped under the grill. Served on a bed of shredded lettuce - nothing fancy, just iceberg today. Pre bs I think was 5.9 but dogs are both asleep in kitchen doorway and my kit is in the kitchen. Let you know results later. I was STUFFED! Not sure on chick-pea carbs - will need to check my GI/GL counter but think its either lurking in the kitchen or under the duvet in bed......

EDIT
Pre tea was 5.8, post tea was 5.7 so I guess the chickpeas are ok :) ..... still not checked the book, not in kitche so MUST be under the duvet - again!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people

pamK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi DeejayR Coping very well Had it 11 years so use to it I always never let it get me down ( more people in the world far worse off ) i am just trying the LCHF to keep more tablets at bay for as long as I can Hope you are fine

S

Sable_Jan

Does anyone recall the gorgeous cheese sauce recipe on this thread someone posted ( forget who that someone was) if anyone can link me to it please will be much appreciated. I gave been trying to find it and no jot.....
You can search a single thread for words or phrases (not sure if you can when using the App but as I'm on the lappy I did). We must be a thread of cheese lovers as it gave me a list of 9 pages. If you want to try going through them the link to the search results is http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/search/2314983/?q=cheese+sauce&t=post&o=date&c[thread]=36803
it seems to be picking up cheese separately. I'll see if I can get it to pick up BOTH

Ah, yes, cut it down to 4 pages (43 posts)

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/search/2315012/?q="cheese+sauce"&t=post&o=date&c[thread]=36803

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Grrr, don't exactly what happened there but I wrote my reply, my palm caught the touch pad on the lappy and wahey, I was two pages back but with no option to go forwards again. Try again

I've had a couple of naughty days but not even feeling ill (which is good really). Mayb your headache was a bit of carb withdrawal? Hope you are feeling better soon. It wasn't such a bad day food-wise, but we all have days when we eat stuff we really shouldn't. Forget it and move on :)
Thanks @Sable_Jan onwards and upwards! :)

Reactions: 2 people

pms543

You can search a single thread for words or phrases (not sure if you can when using the App but as I'm on the lappy I did). We must be a thread of cheese lovers as it gave me a list of 9 pages. If you want to try going through them the link to the search results is http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/search/2314983/?q=cheese+sauce&t=post&o=date&c[thread]=36803
it seems to be picking up cheese separately. I'll see if I can get it to pick up BOTH

Ah, yes, cut it down to 4 pages (43 posts)

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/search/2315012/?q="cheese+sauce"&t=post&o=date&c[thread]=36803

Thanks so much for that! I had trtied using the same ( unsuccessfully )

Found it <a href="http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.36803/page-268#post-737714">What have you eaten today?</a>

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon and egg
L: a sukrin bread, butter, marmite and cheese sandwich (maybe 4g carbs)
D: curry and vast amounts of veg
S: a 9bar

Wonderfully busy day today, cleaning, and out with friend and knicker trims on both dogs ;)
very productive :happy:

Reactions: 7 people

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's around 2lbs per week which is excellent progress - mayb she thought you meant 10lbs? Here is a good place to rant - we all need to vent now and again....... the important thing is that you are happy with your progress (and ifs she's an otherwise good M-I-L then I'm sure she did mean it kindly :))

Thanks Sable_Jan - I don't think she got pounds and kilos confused as we're currently in Australia with them where everything is in kilos but I think she just spoke without thinking about how it might be received which is just what she does, without her meaning anything bad by it! I'm really pleased with how I'm going anyway.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi the book i have just purchased is Carbs & Cals very easy to use pictures of all foods with what the carbs / cals / protien etc above each food here is the link got it off Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carbs-Cals-...422799395&sr=8-1&keywords=cards+and+cals+book

Hi PamK, carbs and cals do an iPhone app too which I find really useful - works like the book namely pictures of things. I find it handiest for the few veg that I like to portion-control ie beetroot, sweetcorn, peas, squashes, as I pretty much avoid the really carby food anyway. It also serves as a salutary reminder to me that no I can't finish off my toddler's pasta as even those little bits count.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today:

B: 2 boiled eggs, coffee with cream.
L: 5 "dim sims" without the pastry. Handful of nuts (pistachios and almonds). Bit of cheddar.
D: pizza (topping only) of chicken, ham, mushroom, onion, cheese. Bit of Greek salad.

I am SO happy with this way of eating. It is doing me so much good. Really feel like I hold the keys to the kingdom.

Reactions: 9 people

pms543

@Allibee - have you posted a recipe to your chicken leek soup?

Not sure if it is Susikav, but is there also a link to your almond bread recipe?

Thanks both x

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Working from home today and can't stop nibbling. Lunch has been a mish mash of various nibbles for over 2+ hours. So far I had a 9 bar, cashews/raisins, pepperami, half a bowl of Heinz soup, 1 slice of low carb bread, some salami slices, olives and a cheese twist.

I think I need to chain myself to the chair now.

S

Sable_Jan

Working from home today and can't stop nibbling. Lunch has been a mish mash of various nibbles for over 2+ hours. So far I had a 9 bar, cashews/raisins, pepperami, half a bowl of Heinz soup, 1 slice of low carb bread, some salami slices, olives and a cheese twist.

I think I need to chain myself to the chair now.
We'll you DO have to have regular breaks from your screen/desk......

Reactions: 7 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B Yoghurt
L Half slice bread with luncheon meat sandwich, cup of leek and potato soup
D Hot wings and salad, mmmmmmmmmmmmm

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B. Allbran & ss milk.
L. Chicken salad and cauliflower tortilla.
D. Pork steak, 2 fried eggs, butternut squash and cabbage mash with bacon bits.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Can I have a quick mini rant about something my Mother in law said? It was weeks ago but it has been needling at me. She asked how much weight I'd lost and in 3 months it was around 10kg which I thought was pretty decent (in fact I'm deliriously happy with it) but she took the wind right out of my sails by saying "yes, you've done it the right way, losing it slowly". I'm sure there was a genuinely intended compliment in there but 10kg in 12 weeks is pretty quick I thought. I suddenly felt a bit deflated that I wasn't trying hard enough. Or maybe I am just being massively over-sensitive about it all.

Don't feel disheartened, you're doing really well, people make careless remarks without realising the impact they have. You have every right to feel deliriously happy, so enjoy it, and also remember it's not just the good weight loss you have achieved, it is also all the other benefits you feel from taking charge of your own health. Well done, and keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.