1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by SamJB, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HA3

HA3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Not a good day, feeling full of cold, splitting headache and craving carbs for some reason. Haven't resisted as well as i should :(.

B. 2 boiled eggs and 2 potato farls I found looking at me from the freezer :facepalm:, at least they have all gone now and won't be replaced.
    2 lamb burgers with lettuce wraps but then gave in to 2 slices of toast :sorry:
    D. Roast chicken, few peas and carrots, butternut squash and cabbage mash fried in butter with some bacon bits.

haven't tested all day until now - 1.5 hours since dinner and 5.5 so maybe not as bad a day as I thoughto_O

• Like Like x 8
  2. pms543

pms543 · Well-Known Member

Does anyone recall the gorgeous cheese sauce recipe on this thread someone posted ( forget who that someone was) if anyone can link me to it please will be much appreciated. I gave been trying to find it and no jot.....

• Like Like x 6
  3. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Grrr, don't exactly what happened there but I wrote my reply, my palm caught the touch pad on the lappy and wahey, I was two pages back but with no option to go forwards again. Try again

I've had a couple of naughty days but not even feeling ill (which is good really). Mayb your headache was a bit of carb withdrawal? Hope you are feeling better soon. It wasn't such a bad day food-wise, but we all have days when we eat stuff we really shouldn't. Forget it and move on :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Okay - today
    Breakfast: Apple & blackberry crumble with thick squirty cream (5.2 to 5.8) how, I don't know cos it was a pie filling with ready made crumble mix....
    Lunch: Leftover quorn curry with sweetcorn leftover from yesterday with a naan bread (6.1 to 5.9)
    Tea: A sort of omelette or frittata (call it what you will) it goes as follows
    3 slices bacon cut into bits fried with a large chopped spring onion and a small can of chick peas. When bacon and onion is cooked to your liking add 3 beaten eggs letting them spread all around the pan. Medium heat all the while. While egg is setting 'ping' two frozen blocks of spinach and grate whatever cheese you like in whatever quantity you like (today was last bit of strong cheddar and a piece of cheddar with chives). When egg is nearly set spread spinach and cheese over the top. Cook for a while then fold omelette over on itself. I usually then cook a bit longer then cut in half and flip over. For frittata style it is supposed to be topped with the cheese then popped under the grill. Served on a bed of shredded lettuce - nothing fancy, just iceberg today. Pre bs I think was 5.9 but dogs are both asleep in kitchen doorway and my kit is in the kitchen. Let you know results later. I was STUFFED! Not sure on chick-pea carbs - will need to check my GI/GL counter but think its either lurking in the kitchen or under the duvet in bed......

EDIT
    Pre tea was 5.8, post tea was 5.7 so I guess the chickpeas are ok :) ..... still not checked the book, not in kitche so MUST be under the duvet - again!!

• Like Like x 10
    #5804 Sable_Jan, Feb 1, 2015 at 7:15 PM
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  5. pamK

pamK Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi DeejayR Coping very well Had it 11 years so use to it I always never let it get me down ( more people in the world far worse off ) i am just trying the LCHF to keep more tablets at bay for as long as I can Hope you are fine

• Like Like x 10
  6. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

You can search a single thread for words or phrases (not sure if you can when using the App but as I'm on the lappy I did). We must be a thread of cheese lovers as it gave me a list of 9 pages. If you want to try going through them the link to the search results is http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/search/2314983/?q=cheese+sauce&t=post&o=date&c[thread]=36803
    it seems to be picking up cheese separately. I'll see if I can get it to pick up BOTH

Ah, yes, cut it down to 4 pages (43 posts)

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/search/2315012/?q="cheese+sauce"&t=post&o=date&c[thread]=36803

• Like Like x 8
  7. HA3

Thanks @Sable_Jan onwards and upwards! :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. pms543

Thanks so much for that! I had trtied using the same ( unsuccessfully )

Found it <a href="http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.36803/page-268#post-737714">What have you eaten today?</a>

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

• Like Like x 4
  10. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

B: bacon and egg
    L: a sukrin bread, butter, marmite and cheese sandwich (maybe 4g carbs)
    D: curry and vast amounts of veg
    S: a 9bar

Wonderfully busy day today, cleaning, and out with friend and knicker trims on both dogs ;)
    very productive :happy:

• Like Like x 7
  11. Blessedarethecheesemakers

Blessedarethecheesemakers Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks Sable_Jan - I don't think she got pounds and kilos confused as we're currently in Australia with them where everything is in kilos but I think she just spoke without thinking about how it might be received which is just what she does, without her meaning anything bad by it! I'm really pleased with how I'm going anyway.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Blessedarethecheesemakers

Hi PamK, carbs and cals do an iPhone app too which I find really useful - works like the book namely pictures of things. I find it handiest for the few veg that I like to portion-control ie beetroot, sweetcorn, peas, squashes, as I pretty much avoid the really carby food anyway. It also serves as a salutary reminder to me that no I can't finish off my toddler's pasta as even those little bits count.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Blessedarethecheesemakers

Today:

B: 2 boiled eggs, coffee with cream.
    L: 5 "dim sims" without the pastry. Handful of nuts (pistachios and almonds). Bit of cheddar.
    D: pizza (topping only) of chicken, ham, mushroom, onion, cheese. Bit of Greek salad.

I am SO happy with this way of eating. It is doing me so much good. Really feel like I hold the keys to the kingdom.

• Like Like x 9
  14. DeejayR

DeejayR Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Ah, the keys to the kingdom. Takes me back to my AA days.

• Like Like x 6
  15. pms543

@Allibee - have you posted a recipe to your chicken leek soup?

Not sure if it is Susikav, but is there also a link to your almond bread recipe?

Thanks both x

• Like Like x 4
  16. s_k_s

s_k_s Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Working from home today and can't stop nibbling. Lunch has been a mish mash of various nibbles for over 2+ hours. So far I had a 9 bar, cashews/raisins, pepperami, half a bowl of Heinz soup, 1 slice of low carb bread, some salami slices, olives and a cheese twist.

I think I need to chain myself to the chair now.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

We'll you DO have to have regular breaks from your screen/desk......

• Like Like x 7
  18. satindoll

satindoll Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B Yoghurt
    L Half slice bread with luncheon meat sandwich, cup of leek and potato soup
    D Hot wings and salad, mmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Like Like x 10
  19. HA3

B. Allbran & ss milk.
    L. Chicken salad and cauliflower tortilla.
    D. Pork steak, 2 fried eggs, butternut squash and cabbage mash with bacon bits.

• Like Like x 8
  20. pavlovsdog

pavlovsdog Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Don't feel disheartened, you're doing really well, people make careless remarks without realising the impact they have. You have every right to feel deliriously happy, so enjoy it, and also remember it's not just the good weight loss you have achieved, it is also all the other benefits you feel from taking charge of your own health. Well done, and keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook