Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Exciting day yesterday, up at 5.30am for a trip to The Smoke with my pals for lunch at Dinner by Heston, woohoo!
B: yoghurt and berries
L: Iberico pork chop cooked to perfection, with ham hock (unfortunately encased in something that looked a bit suspect so I left it), and baby sprout hearts followed by the house special, tipsy pudding which was divine :drool:
I also had a rose petal cocktail, and a Mojito earlier, and a coffee with cream afterwards. 2 hour post reading was 7.4, not too bad.
1/2 slice of ham, some cheese and baby plum toms on the return journey, and yoghurt, berries and cream when I got home.
Perfect... :)

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Can I have a quick mini rant about something my Mother in law said? It was weeks ago but it has been needling at me. She asked how much weight I'd lost and in 3 months it was around 10kg which I thought was pretty decent (in fact I'm deliriously happy with it) but she took the wind right out of my sails by saying "yes, you've done it the right way, losing it slowly". I'm sure there was a genuinely intended compliment in there but 10kg in 12 weeks is pretty quick I thought. I suddenly felt a bit deflated that I wasn't trying hard enough. Or maybe I am just being massively over-sensitive about it all.
I think 10k's in three months is outstanding... even 5 kilos in three months would have been good... maybe she was being kind and not thinking... Try not to dwell on it, you're doing splendidly... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: 2 tbsp wholegrain oats, cinnamon, chia seeds, yoghurt, berries, seeds, nuts, the usual formula
L: Fried egg, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms (roadside cafe -- modest helping but charged the same as a full breakfast as if with toast, marmalade, sausages & fried bread) :mad: Under new management -- normally get a generous amount.
D: Leftover lamb mince with cauli & cheese topping, mixed salad
S: Olive bread (recipe from forum), cheese, tomato. Still haven't got the hang of using coconut flour (very dry) but I will persevere.
It's difficult, coconut flour... can't seem to get a balance with it yet... two tbsps is as much as I can seem to incorporate... it gives a sort of structure though...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I love this thread seeing what different foods are posted Seems we all like bacon, mushrooms egg I also like grilled tomato
Please keep posting as sometimes I;m sure we all say "What can I have today " sonething different would be nice
Good evening... look back over some of the posts - you will be amazed at how inventive we are.... :) so glad you're enjoying it... I don't know what I did before I joined really... :joyful:

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
breakfast two boiled eggs spelt toast
lunch tuna and pate salad( and few crisps from hubby's bag)
snack dark chocolate
dinner roast lamb, broccoli, green beans, cauli cheese , roast swede
Perfect... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Does anyone recall the gorgeous cheese sauce recipe on this thread someone posted ( forget who that someone was) if anyone can link me to it please will be much appreciated. I gave been trying to find it and no jot.....
I use cream and creme fraiche, slaked with a little unsweetened almond milk, grated strong cheddar, a little freshly grated parmesan reggiano, loads of English mustard and a grating of nutmeg.....Must have missed the other... someone will post it for you, I'm sure... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Okay - today
Breakfast: Apple & blackberry crumble with thick squirty cream (5.2 to 5.8) how, I don't know cos it was a pie filling with ready made crumble mix....
Lunch: Leftover quorn curry with sweetcorn leftover from yesterday with a naan bread (6.1 to 5.9)
Tea: A sort of omelette or frittata (call it what you will) it goes as follows
3 slices bacon cut into bits fried with a large chopped spring onion and a small can of chick peas. When bacon and onion is cooked to your liking add 3 beaten eggs letting them spread all around the pan. Medium heat all the while. While egg is setting 'ping' two frozen blocks of spinach and grate whatever cheese you like in whatever quantity you like (today was last bit of strong cheddar and a piece of cheddar with chives). When egg is nearly set spread spinach and cheese over the top. Cook for a while then fold omelette over on itself. I usually then cook a bit longer then cut in half and flip over. For frittata style it is supposed to be topped with the cheese then popped under the grill. Served on a bed of shredded lettuce - nothing fancy, just iceberg today. Pre bs I think was 5.9 but dogs are both asleep in kitchen doorway and my kit is in the kitchen. Let you know results later. I was STUFFED! Not sure on chick-pea carbs - will need to check my GI/GL counter but think its either lurking in the kitchen or under the duvet in bed......

EDIT
Pre tea was 5.8, post tea was 5.7 so I guess the chickpeas are ok :) ..... still not checked the book, not in kitche so MUST be under the duvet - again!!
:)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: 2 boiled eggs, bit of cheddar
L: salad made of celery, cucumber, red pepper, tuna, aioli, a boiled egg. Followed by some pistachios and some 85% Lindt.
D: bbq: sausages, 2 mini burgers, halloumi. Mushrooms. Lettuce tomato and avocado. Mayonnaise. Another portion of 85% Lindt but that is now the end of the bar and I am not planning to buy more for a while or make a habit of it.
Why are you not buying any more 85% black chocolate? They say it's really good for you and most of us here seem to enjoy it regularly... :) We deny ourselves a lot already....

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B. Allbran with ss milk, 1 boiled egg.
L. 3 breakfast balls (adjusted the recipe but fab, thanks), salad and cauliflower tortillas.
D. Shepherds pie with leek and cauli mash. x

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Double espresso with coconut oil and cream...
Two slices of my almond bread with cream cheese and a few cherry tomatoes...
Another piece.... with tsp jam this time...
Two sausages with mustard....
Green smoothie with an avocado in....
Peanut butter cookie....
Not hungry now... Going to make a hot chocolate... I put a slug of brandy in it yesterday... very nice... but I'm not doing it again - woke up sweating and blamed the brandy... :(

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too... but how do you know if you've de-fatted your liver?

Well, @Adelle0607 and @jack412 can probably explain better.
*waves* hi guys!
But it is my understanding that there are markers in blood tests that show the presence of a fatty liver (ALT and triglyceride levels being two, I think). I know Adelle has had confirmation that her liver has defatted, but I'm not sure what shape that confirmation took.

Reactions: 5 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - breakfast balls
L - bacon and mushroom crustless quiche and salad with a little olive oil
S - 9bar got stuck in traffics on my way home for nearly 2 hrs and my blood dropped to 3.7 so I ate my emergency bar
D - Cauliflower, broccoli with a chicken curry

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What an odd 2 days!

Off work yesterday, so we walked dogs then headed out to lunch.
Steak or similar has become my default when out. I like them. They are deeply satisfying. And I can sneak a chip or 6 in, without impacting my BG. Usually stay under 7 mmol/l for hours, without a peak.

This was the biggest mixed grill I've ever seen. Rump steak, gammon, egg, sausages, lamb chop, 6 chips and salad. My carnivorous gluttony started wonderfully, and petered out into a reluctance to waste, then stopped dead in defeat.

My BG was 6.6 at 90 mins, dropped to 6.1 at 2.5 hrs and stayed there til the following morning.
:D

Didn't eat a thing in the evening, or for breakfast.

Then, in my lunch break today, I'm out again.
This time, the order was placed 3 weeks ago. And, guess what? I had chosen steak. :rolleyes:

This time, it was smaller and came with chips, onion rings, tomato, mushrooms and salad.
Delicious, but nearing steak overload!

That was at 1pm.
It is now 8.30 pm and I don't think I'm going to need anything until tomorrow lunch. Again.

And it will be a green smoothie. And no beef. Promise.
;)

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Me too... but how do you know if you've de-fatted your liver?
normally it's done with a liver function blood test, but ultrasound/CT or MRI can be used too

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BFRi-nH1v8

upload_2015-2-5_7-4-16.png

Reactions: 7 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: yoghurt cream and raspberries
L: homemade veg soup and a cream scone, oops!
D: 2 slices of ham with cream cheese and celery, yoghurt raspberries and cream

S

Sable_Jan

It's a puree of garlic in mayo isn't it? Or maybe just the garlic? It's very strong and lovely... if you like garlic... maybe just garlic and olive oil... hah, maybe I ought to look it up... :)
I like "some" garlic ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.