Tablets (oral)
B - peanut 9bar
L - ham & cheese quiche with cheese coleslaw
D - shepherds pie with cauliflower topping
S - pork scratchings

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Maybe the cold weather? It must make a difference - slow liver dump to keep you warm? :)
Anybody's guess o_O
(Just noticed my reply seemed a little bit "short" - apologies if it read that way as I didn't mean it to be

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: Usual butter with a slice of toast under it
Lunch: Fried leek and Quorn beef style stips (with just a hint of instant gravy mixed in), cabbage:
Tea: Lasagne ready meal and half a well buttered crusty roll (5.8 afterwards so happy with that)
Snack: handful of cereal that's too carby for breakfast, erm ooops 50g Snicker bar - I went in the cupboard for one of my sugar free chocolate bars and found a stray Snicker bar...well it HAS got nuts in it and I think the carbs were 25 - tho not 100% cos it wasn't in English..if I'm still awake will test at 2 hours just to see how I did. No repeat performances as am sure there are no more strays in the cupboard

Reactions: 4 people

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Breakfast boiled egg spelt toast
Lunch ( 2 lunch day !!!) chicken and leek soup from deli then a small ham salad I'd packed
Snack 1/4 of one of those Moser Roth 85% bars and small soy latte
Dinner 2 heck sausages, bacon, mushrooms, tomato, poached egg.
All that sounds lovely

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why are you not buying any more 85% black chocolate? They say it's really good for you and most of us here seem to enjoy it regularly... :) We deny ourselves a lot already....

Hi Susikav, my problem with the dark chocolate is that I do find it difficult to eat it in any kind of moderation if i have a bar in the house. I could quite easily put away the whole bar. Whereas if I don't have any around then I don't wish I had any and I (finally) am not craving sweet things after meals. But you make a good point about denying ourselves a lot - I won't feel too bad about it in future. I have after all avoided all the other numerous types of chocolate in my inlaws' house! (We're staying here at the moment).

Talking of chocolate someone up thread mentioned the Moser Roth - I love that chocolate! Plus it is in conveniently wrapped portions.

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Susikav, my problem with the dark chocolate is that I do find it difficult to eat it in any kind of moderation if i have a bar in the house. I could quite easily put away the whole bar. Whereas if I don't have any around then I don't wish I had any and I (finally) am not craving sweet things after meals. But you make a good point about denying ourselves a lot - I won't feel too bad about it in future. I have after all avoided all the other numerous types of chocolate in my inlaws' house! (We're staying here at the moment).

Talking of chocolate someone up thread mentioned the Moser Roth - I love that chocolate! Plus it is in conveniently wrapped portions.

That's the same as me if chocolate is in the house I'll eat it. But if it's not i don't bother about it. I prefer milk chocolate too. Sometimes i think I'm still addicted to sugar because I'll search the cupboards for anything sweet. I wish it didn't bother me.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
That's the same as me if chocolate is in the house I'll eat it. But if it's not i don't bother about it. I prefer milk chocolate too. Sometimes i think I'm still addicted to sugar because I'll search the cupboards for anything sweet. I wish it didn't bother me.

Same here, I even devoured the bar of cooking chocolate that I had bought to make fat balls! :-/

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Same here, I even devoured the bar of cooking chocolate that I had bought to make fat balls! :-/
@pavlovsdog you had me lol for real with your comment... I remember once being so desperate for chocolate one night, that I pinched all the chocolate drops out of my housemates bag of dried fruit , nut & chocolate...luckily for me he didn't notice until the end, and when he mentioned it I said there must have been an issue at the factory lol - a few months later in a drunken haze I admitted my theft - 20 years on he still brings it up and embarrasses me when he tells the story at get togethers. Luckily since starting the LCHF diet i no longer crave chocolate, but have swapped my chocolate addition for a nut addiction .... :)

Reactions: 10 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Funny old world. I suffered (along with my family) from one addiction for a decade but never have I wanted more than one chocolate at a time, or seen the attraction of gambling come to that. You'd think an addictive trait would involve everything but it doesn't at all.

Reactions: 8 people

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I prefer milk chocolate too. I didn't get where I am today through a liking for high-cocoa dark chocolate!

Anyway, my food today:
- B: 2 boiled eggs
- L: insides of 2 dim sims, rest of last night's chicken stir fry (no rice or noodles).
- D: bbq (3 mini burgers, halloumi, onions, mushrooms), salad of tomato, cucumber and celery, a quarter of an avocado, dollop aioli.
- snack: half of my son's slice of banana bread :(

Reactions: 8 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Decided to treat myself to a fry up at a local cafe!
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1423225940.620619.jpg

Reactions: 10 people

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Blessedarethecheesemakers Sorry to be dim :facepalm: but can you explain dim sims? I feel sure I want some.

They are a weird Aussie (well, Melbourne / Victoria mainly) item. Basically a pork and cabbage dumpling, like a wonton. They are sold everywhere eg fish and chip shops and anywhere with a Bain Marie, so a bit like the places where you might find a Ginsters pasty or pie gently sunning itself in the UK. You can get them deep fried or steamed. I peel off the carby outside and eat the meaty filling only, so they do form a rather handy low carb nibble on the go. You can also get properly delicious ones from food markets.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I definitely want one now.
(Off topic) Do you still have the left (or is it right) hook driving trick in Melbourne?

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast boiled egg spelt toast
Lunch leek and bacon frittata from deli with coleslaw and salad
Dinner didn't fancy the chilli I'd made so had some leftover crustless quiche, salad, coleslaw and ham
Snack 3 sq dark choc and soy cappuccino

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - peanut 9bar
L - left over shepherds pie with cauli mash yummy
D - 2 egg Omlette with a little Gouda cheese and mushrooms

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B. Allbran
l. Veg soup, boiled egg
d. Lamb chops, small amount of butternut squash, mixed veg.

Really hungry :( cupboards empty til shop tomorrow and hubby about to have a chip butty!! Might have half one and see how I get on....

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Up & Down all week, no more palpitations which has been a relief, I put that down to stress mainly, my poor misses just diagnosed with an uncommon mouth cancer and we've spent past 3 weeks back and forth to hospital for umpteenth scans and MRI's, but due to have all cut out on Thursday, NHS have been brilliant!!!
Thoughts and prayers greatly appreciated :)

B small porridge
L salad by the Mrs
D som tam & a small cheeky cheesecake (to celebrate a quick appointment)

Status
Not open for further replies.