Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you - I've been lost to be honest and nurse (who is also a former running group friend) said by the time I get on Desmond with 10 month waiting list I would work out it before then, so up to me whether I went on the list. Started on low carb and walking again, just bought new bike and will have time off next couple of weeks as at uni on course which follows school terms. I'm finding it really difficult not to have sugar in my tea, tried fruit sugar not sure this is helping though. Not found any sweetener I can tolerate taste-wise.
Have you tried sweetex in hot drinks I find it's tasteless, use 1 sweetner in place of 1 spoon of sugar

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An unadjusted 4.4 (batch 4144) for me this morning. I’m content enough with that.

Reactions: 8 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A very late test this morning which was 4.7. Taking into account the time and the Contour machine probably safe to say the true reading was in the 5's.

Reactions: 17 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Good morning from a sunny, cool day in Bahrain...

Whereabouts in Bahrain are you @Susikav ? Somewhere off the Budaiya Road? Not been there since the 80s when I worked there for 8 months or so - at the same time as the causeway to Saudi was being built.

5.2 here this morning after another low dinner uplift last night - 4.9 before, 5.2 at +2. This is also coinciding with getting back on the rowing machine for 10 minutes in the late afternoon (as well as walking).

Reactions: 16 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
No fasting this morning as it would have been a false low due to party night yesterday evening, family time to much Vodka.

But 6.1 after breakfast so happy enough with that.

Have now completed 2 Holiday bookings, early April off to Florida with family, staying in Miami for 5 days going to do the keys Everglades and shop (well the girls will shop). Then Orlando Universal for 5 days finally Busch gardens for a few days.

Done Orlando and few times so it will be fun but as they say been there done that.

Next trip early May to celebrate 24years of marriage, just my wife and I to Dubai, neither if us have been there so if anyone can give me a clue about what to do would be much appreciated.

Enjoy your day everyone, will be watching the mighty REDS (MU) later and hoping for a good result.

Sounds lovely JohnD54!

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@cold ethyl, can you please tell me what "unadjusted" means, in your post ?

sorry - I am using some codefree strips that seem to be reading erratically ( or more so than usual!)- several of us have noticed this so have been monitoring them to see if we can come up with a consensus overreading figure- seems to be about .5 mmol/l. Sadly not every strip reads out so where the result seems feasible I'm not adjusting it, if that makes sense.

Reactions: 8 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
sorry - I am using some codefree strips that seem to be reading erratically ( or more so than usual!)- several of us have noticed this so have been monitoring them to see if we can come up with a consensus overreading figure- seems to be about .5 mmol/l. Sadly not every strip reads out so where the result seems feasible I'm not adjusting it, if that makes sense.

Yes ,and thanks for your reply.

S

Sable_Jan

Well that's it me n bread are parting company for good. Was late in from work last night so just had some peanut butter on 2 hovis. My bs went from 4.8 pre to 8.3 post!!!! I've never had that before. Then today I had chicken an mushroom soup for my lunch with a slice of homemade soda bread, again it went from 4.6 to 8.5! That's the first 2times I've gone over 8. So that's it, bread is definitely off the menu:grumpy:
Sorry to hear bread doesn't work out for you :(. Was it the Hovis Seeded Sensations you had? Many can tolerate one slice - esp if plastered with butter like I have it......

S

Sable_Jan

5.9 tis morning. Work has been crazy this past week and also had a family death. I have a huge day tomorrow with 5 new Board Member joining my board. I am totally sure they will ask lots of tricky questions. Plus, I am doing two major presentations for them on our current work, what success looks like for us and other left brain stats, plus a business plan presentation. Won't get home till 8ish and have told my husband to have the vodka and tonic waiting already. Hopefully after tomorrow I will be able to be online and posting more. :)
Woah, that's a HEAVY day....hope it all goes well......

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

oooh lovely, hope they dont come out like my splat bread AKA swiss breakfast rolls. somehow my baking never looks like the photo, I think they put the wrong photo's on these recipes.............
I remember a Friend's episode where she turned two pages so think it was something like shepherd's pie,and trifle all in one bowl....they thought it was traditionally ENGLISH....:D:D:D

S

Sable_Jan

No fasting this morning as it would have been a false low due to party night yesterday evening, family time to much Vodka.

But 6.1 after breakfast so happy enough with that.

Have now completed 2 Holiday bookings, early April off to Florida with family, staying in Miami for 5 days going to do the keys Everglades and shop (well the girls will shop). Then Orlando Universal for 5 days finally Busch gardens for a few days.

Done Orlando and few times so it will be fun but as they say been there done that.

Next trip early May to celebrate 24years of marriage, just my wife and I to Dubai, neither if us have been there so if anyone can give me a clue about what to do would be much appreciated.

Enjoy your day everyone, will be watching the mighty REDS (MU) later and hoping for a good result.
Just had the final 1-1 score pop up on my app as I read your post.....

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:D You and me both I reckon.... I make loaves now.. the first thing I ever made was the Swedish thingies... Nice though... there is a recipe for a 'microwave muffin bun' where you just put the mixture in large cups and make a 'bun'... haven't tried it yet as sandwiches were never my thing, but I will hunt out the recipe for you if I can... two minutes to make a bun!! Imagine... Not bread, but if we want to keep off the meds it's the only way... ;)
I'll try anything once.................well, most things anyway:rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
7.6 mmol/l fasting
6.4 mmol/l Pre dinner :)

Reactions: 15 people
Status
Not open for further replies.