Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you - I've been lost to be honest and nurse (who is also a former running group friend) said by the time I get on Desmond with 10 month waiting list I would work out it before then, so up to me whether I went on the list. Started on low carb and walking again, just bought new bike and will have time off next couple of weeks as at uni on course which follows school terms. I'm finding it really difficult not to have sugar in my tea, tried fruit sugar not sure this is helping though. Not found any sweetener I can tolerate taste-wise.
That's how NHS is
I would suggest start a new thread in newly diagnosed and put everything there.
Everyone here is fantastic, I was diagnosed in august and by in 15 days I had got my sugars well under control but that was me
I suggest to begin with start a thread and post what you eat and test before meal and 2 hours after. We can help you with the diet what is right and what is not and what you could swap for what. Just start by eliminating things like bread pasta potatoes and concentrate more on meat like chicken fish. Eat as little carbs as possible.

Reactions: 5 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Thank you - I've been lost to be honest and nurse (who is also a former running group friend) said by the time I get on Desmond with 10 month waiting list I would work out it before then, so up to me whether I went on the list. Started on low carb and walking again, just bought new bike and will have time off next couple of weeks as at uni on course which follows school terms. I'm finding it really difficult not to have sugar in my tea, tried fruit sugar not sure this is helping though. Not found any sweetener I can tolerate taste-wise.
Daisy (true to her good self) has come back. Take it in and then hit us with your Qs

Mike

Reactions: 7 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning 7.5. Bedtime last night 5.9
Again this morning its up on last night!
If my morning figures are always up on my bedtime figures, is this a problem?
Obviously this would not show up on my blood test, due to go back to the nurse in April.
Type 2 on metformin, 2 twice per day

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 - adjusted due to wonderful batch 44! Was out most of yesterday so need to catch up on here.
Ate out again yesterday, I played safe and had a lovely, quality, Angus steak burger with cheese, salad and coleslaw- confused the poor bar person with "no bun" please and chips separate so I could pass them to my date....or maybe I should start saying "boyfriend" now ( bless him, he was thinking Chinese but I wasn't going to risk it yet! Pedantic me as ever!!)

Reactions: 15 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If my morning figures are always up on my bedtime figures, is this a problem?
Obviously this would not show up on my blood test, due to go back to the nurse in April.
Type 2 on metformin, 2 twice per day
It's the dreaded dawn phenomenon millysue, most of can have it - annoying when you know you have done nothing different! Have you tried a carb free/low snack pre bedtime? It can help keep your liver happy!

Reactions: 4 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
It's the dreaded dawn phenomenon millysue, most of can have it - annoying when you know you have done nothing different! Have you tried a carb free/low snack pre bedtime? It can help keep your liver happy!
Thanks will try a snack at bed time.
But if I keeps having the dawn phenomenon, is that a thing to worry about?

Reactions: 2 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 for me this wonderful sunny Sunday morning
We still have freezing fog, frost on the ground :-( Can't take dog for her walk yet, I fell the other week on black ice, still sore, Please wake up mister sunshine, I need to walk off my porridge

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've often had a piece of cheese or a spoon of peanut butter. You may not get rid of dp as its a body thing, liver thinks we are in need of energy for waking after fasting overnight. Our morning fasting levels are the last to move downwards too, how long have you been diagnosed and testing?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from a sunny, cool day in Bahrain... So glad your poor chest is finally feeling a bit better... If it's still lingering maybe you should be happy with that reading... I would be... You're a perfectionist... :happy:

No. no.

I'm a rabid, nightmare perfectionist. :pompous::pompous::pompous::inpain::inpain::inpain:

(Loud and proud.:angelic::angelic::angelic:)

Reactions: 8 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I've often had a piece of cheese or a spoon of peanut butter. You may not get rid of dp as its a body thing, liver thinks we are in need of energy for waking after fasting overnight. Our morning fasting levels are the last to move downwards too, how long have you been diagnosed and testing?
Probably 5 years plus. Found this site about 2 weeks ago. Nurse says not to test. Now trying lchf. Feet burn at night, nurse referring me to podiatry, letter received yesterday, now on their waiting list.
Only been test for a week

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

It's pointless worrying Millie. You can do very little about it, it's a natural event. Fasting levels are always the last to come down because so much of it is out of our control. You could try a small snack at bedtime as has been suggested, but no carbs.

Reactions: 6 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dam and blast.
No walk yet due to freezing frost.
Pre breakfast 7.5
Post. 9.6
Yes breakfast was my porridge. Still this is proving the stroll with our old dog is working.
I am a veggie, could not face eggs for breakfast. :-(

Reactions: 12 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
No fasting this morning as it would have been a false low due to party night yesterday evening, family time to much Vodka.

But 6.1 after breakfast so happy enough with that.

Have now completed 2 Holiday bookings, early April off to Florida with family, staying in Miami for 5 days going to do the keys Everglades and shop (well the girls will shop). Then Orlando Universal for 5 days finally Busch gardens for a few days.

Done Orlando and few times so it will be fun but as they say been there done that.

Next trip early May to celebrate 24years of marriage, just my wife and I to Dubai, neither if us have been there so if anyone can give me a clue about what to do would be much appreciated.

Enjoy your day everyone, will be watching the mighty REDS (MU) later and hoping for a good result.

Reactions: 19 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Probably 5 years plus. Found this site about 2 weeks ago. Nurse says not to test. Now trying lchf. Feet burn at night, nurse referring me to podiatry, letter received yesterday, now on their waiting list.
Only been test for a week
We are all told no need to test....but it's the only way to keep in control and work towards lowering! Lchf is proven to work for us too, even though "they" tell us carbs with every meal!! Ironic how they then applaud our results!!

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.