Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
off to work in the freezing fog, oh joy........now if I can only find my rear fog light switch in my new car I will be happy
Having a new car is happiness... :) Keep a scarf over your face, it's horrid to breathe...

Reactions: 4 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
back upto 8.0 and no not eaten any different from the last few days

Reactions: 14 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Is this up a bit Ally? Or am I confusing your numbers?... maybe the cold weather - lots of people seem to have odd readings right now... :) Patsy B is up and has eaten nothing new or different.. :confused:

shonag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning, I am newly diagnosed as of September last year and following refusal from gp, testing for myself having sent away for a contour next and buying own strips and lancets.

Fasting - 8.2, lowest has been 7.4 on low does metformin since December, not sure if I should go back to gp.

Reactions: 12 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Does the cold weather affect you? Or stress? My youngest son is hyper-sensitive to hay and pollen from the catkins in the spring... such a debilitating problem... I hope you feel better later...
Lots of things affect my chest cause i am brittle asthmatic and my genetic condition affects muscles and breathing. Yeah pollen sets me off from end of Feb - mould in the autumn. I only have a few months without hay fever

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Morning, I am newly diagnosed as of September last year and following refusal from gp, testing for myself having sent away for a contour next and buying own strips and lancets.

Fasting - 8.2, lowest has been 7.4 on low does metformin since December, not sure if I should go back to gp.
Welcome :)

Do you have any figures available? HB1AC etc?

Mike

Reactions: 2 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.9 this morning

I haven't been posting for a while but will explain later

Hope everyone is keeping warm and well

Reactions: 13 people

shonag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think it was 68? in December, figures were sort of rushed past me and my nurse preferred old blood sugar system as means more to patients - she said my blood tests were coming up as converting to around 8.

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning 7.5. Bedtime last night 5.9
Again this morning its up on last night!

Reactions: 9 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I think it was 68? in December, figures were sort of rushed past me and my nurse preferred old blood sugar system as means more to patients - she said my blood tests were coming up as converting to around 8.
Yep, it's 8.4 based on 68 reading.

Back to the GP for a complete (copy of the) reading of the bloods and then a long walk thru diet exercise and weight with you.

@daisy1 will be along with her terrific guide to help you thru this maze. Please read it ....... and PLEASE com back with questions

Mike

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.8 but didn't get to sleep until late, dog got me up twice and got bit of chesty cough on waking. Had 2 slices fruit loaf for brekky. Tested at teatime yesterday and barely a ripple in numbers dept, even doing a 2.5 hr as well...be interesting what I am 2hrs post brekky

Reactions: 16 people

shonag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you - I've been lost to be honest and nurse (who is also a former running group friend) said by the time I get on Desmond with 10 month waiting list I would work out it before then, so up to me whether I went on the list. Started on low carb and walking again, just bought new bike and will have time off next couple of weeks as at uni on course which follows school terms. I'm finding it really difficult not to have sugar in my tea, tried fruit sugar not sure this is helping though. Not found any sweetener I can tolerate taste-wise.

Reactions: 6 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 before dinner
5.5 after but I only had some chicken but it's not a big spike I think
5.5 fasting but the kit was cold as I did not keep it in the room last night but I would take that

Good morning all be good boys and girls

Reactions: 19 people

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.

@shonag

Hi, for the information we give to new members, click on the red link below in my signature. Hope it is helpful to you. Ask all the questions you want and someone will help.

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.