totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Hya all,
Any advic on my problems would b great, my m.e fibro has got worse and i cant exercise much but over the last yr my bloods have being getting higher, at last app with dn she said we may change my insulin if ssame this app,sadly she's off sick so im seeing the nurse who doesn't know much nxt week, my diet hasn't changed but I've put 4 stones on and my lantus has gone up to 33 units from 22 taken on a morning and im injecting more novorapid too, obviously the fact i cant walk far etc has caused some of this but surely not this much, my bloods are rarly under 10mmol whatever i inject,any suggestions as to what to say at my dn appointment,also i get awful stomach ache after eating with bloating/wind don't know if that's anything o do with it or just ibs, hlp please as hba used to be 5 and is now 8.1
thanks in advance(sorry if a bit jumbled,my m.e causs this) x

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
over 6 years ago, would that cause those probs? thankyou

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think that it may be worth discussing being retested, especially as you are having IBS type symptoms. Unfortunately, many Type 1's seem to be prone to coeliac , and it sounds as if you have other autoimmune issues too ?

I'm not saying that being coeliac would explain all of the problems you are experiencing , but that it is one possible avenue to explore . Coeliac symptoms can mimic other conditions , or seem part of existing conditions so well worth ruling out :)

Signy

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Thank you both:)

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Are you on a low-carb diet. This is essential for most of us and to avoid needing too much insulin and having associated weight gain.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Hi. Are you on a low-carb diet. This is essential for most of us and to avoid needing too much insulin and having associated weight gain.
50 -60g,do you class this as low?