1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Any advice appreciated

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by totsy, Feb 13, 2015.

1. totsy

totsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hya all,
    Any advic on my problems would b great, my m.e fibro has got worse and i cant exercise much but over the last yr my bloods have being getting higher, at last app with dn she said we may change my insulin if ssame this app,sadly she's off sick so im seeing the nurse who doesn't know much nxt week, my diet hasn't changed but I've put 4 stones on and my lantus has gone up to 33 units from 22 taken on a morning and im injecting more novorapid too, obviously the fact i cant walk far etc has caused some of this but surely not this much, my bloods are rarly under 10mmol whatever i inject,any suggestions as to what to say at my dn appointment,also i get awful stomach ache after eating with bloating/wind don't know if that's anything o do with it or just ibs, hlp please as hba used to be 5 and is now 8.1
    thanks in advance(sorry if a bit jumbled,my m.e causs this) x

2. Heathenlass

Heathenlass Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Just a thought, @totsy, have you been tested for coeliac ?

Signy

• Like Like x 2
  3. totsy

over 6 years ago, would that cause those probs? thankyou

4. jack412

jack412 Type 2 · Expert

5. Heathenlass

Heathenlass Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I think that it may be worth discussing being retested, especially as you are having IBS type symptoms. Unfortunately, many Type 1's seem to be prone to coeliac , and it sounds as if you have other autoimmune issues too ?

I'm not saying that being coeliac would explain all of the problems you are experiencing , but that it is one possible avenue to explore . Coeliac symptoms can mimic other conditions , or seem part of existing conditions so well worth ruling out :)

Signy

6. totsy

7. Daibell

Daibell LADA · Master

Hi. Are you on a low-carb diet. This is essential for most of us and to avoid needing too much insulin and having associated weight gain.

8. totsy

50 -60g,do you class this as low?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook