Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

MagicFirefly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dangerous drivers
Marmite
My last result was 7.6% (or 60mmol)

I'm delighted since it hasn't been the best for a few months due to endless infections and other stuff. Finally pulling the reigns in. Woo!

Reactions: 8 people

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mine has just gone down to 6.8% from 7.6%. I think that's the lowest it's been in 7 years. Hope it'll stay that low but got a feeling it may go up - sometimes seems such hard work! Have a good day all.

Reactions: 4 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Mine has just gone down to 6.8% from 7.6%. I think that's the lowest it's been in 7 years. Hope it'll stay that low but got a feeling it may go up - sometimes seems such hard work! Have a good day all.
Lovely work :))

Reactions: 2 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Mine is a magical 5.7 and I'm now told it's too low flipping eck will they ever be happy. My sugars float around about 4 late afternoon before my tea so their now saying I should adjust my insulin, I do feel a bit low but after I eat my tea I feel fine :playful:

gateian

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Last hba1c I had was 6.1%, which is an all time record for me. I am quietly confident that my next one will be in the 5's as I've improved control even more since then. Only concern is I may have brought my levels down a bit too quickly, over the course of a couple of months from 7 after being 7%-8% for most of my diabetic life (21 years so far).

Anyway I dream of attaining a perfect 4.6% one day while keeping my BS in the 4.2 - 5.4 range. A lofty goal indeed, but you've got to have a challenge to keep you going :)

Reactions: 3 people

sjm1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Last was 5.7% (39) in January 2015 which I was delighted with - was 11.5% on diagnosis of T2 in August 2014 and 10% in October 2014

Reactions: 2 people

weeezer

60 (7.6%) really happy coz thought would be way above considering how baby double figs I've seen kick up bottom - want to see 50 something next time

Seconlife

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
arrogancy, stress, arguments ...
The years after the diagnosis mine was about 14 to 15... today after about 15 years I have something around 7.5..

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
My latest test (28th January) result has just been revealed: another small, but steady drop of 0.3% to 58 (7.5%).

All being well, I should be on target for 7.0% by the summer.

tonal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The years after the diagnosis mine was about 14 to 15... today after about 15 years I have something around 7.5..
Glad to hear someone talking in figures I understand. My quarterly reading is 6.4, people are talking in 60 & 70 and 5% which doesn't mean much to me. Do different countries have different scales? By the way I am trying hard to do LCHF and feeling well but the weight is not coming off! I've been D2 since 1996.

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What should we be aiming for? (If it was that easy)

Johndotcom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Some of the stupid suggestions made by Diabetes Consultant, who seems to know less than patients, we don't all fit in this typical box!
There is a set of tables of the different type of readings on The Diabetes.co.uk site. It shows good/bad results, where you should aim for. You can compare the results which you may be given with others by referring to this useful information.
Different Drs and Hospitals seem to set different rates for their patients.
If you have lost Insulin Awareness it is better to run a bit higher so as to prevent to many Hypos. This is not a bad thing in this instance. If you get high blood sugars frequently then you should also be testing for Ketones as these are dangerous if above a certain level and should always be kept at zero on any system.

ali1k

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi just to upset the apple cart totally, i have had type 1 for 38 years, my HBA1C has never been below 8% (2years of above 12%s)...I have had no complications at all...I still run competitively I have had 3 healthy children (1 when I was 40 !! . my kidneys and eyes are all fine...my daily bloods run from 6mmol - 12.5mmol, i still have great hypo awareness below 4mmol. I also have never had ketones even when I was ill with a serious chest infection and on predisnalone my bloods ran very high for days between 18mmol - 30mmol !!!. I think there is far too much focus on the magic HBA1c number. Just my tuppence worth

Reactions: 12 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
BRILLIANT Clive !!!!! Great great work mate :)

Very please for you !!!!

Mike