According to my consultant update 2015

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just had a personal phone call from my consultant. He has arranged my OGGT test in three weeks time.
He is happy that my GP has approved me going to Manchester to carry on with him.
I am to fast for 14 hours. Then in morning as usual take my meds as usual. This is a change from last time when I didn't take one.
Will keep you updated.

Reactions: 9 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Had my latest OGGT today and the blood glucose levels were as follows,

Fasting @ 8.30. 5.3mmols
30 mins after glucose. 7.2
1hr. 9.30 8.7
1.30m. 10.00. 8.7
2hrs. 10.30. 8.0
2.30m. 11.00. 5.7
3hrs. 11.30. 6.0
3. 30m. 12.00. 4.0
4hrs. 12.30. 3.7
4.30m. 1pm. 3.5
Test stopped due to hypo.

Another failure to stop the hypo. The meds doesn't stop me, believe it is my low carb diet that's giving me better health and better blood levels. I'm not too disappointed. Though it would have been good as a cure for those who needed to eat more carbs. I don't want to though!
The interesting result is I didn't spike as high as I usually do. That is interesting. I'm now expecting to get a phone call off my consultant soon.
Because of the hypos I feel a bit rough tonight. I have that low level headache, bluriness and in a bit of a fug. I'll be alright tomorrow after a good skip.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@nosher8355 Other than the hypo, those numbers look great to me, but I know nothing about these glucose tests.

I hope the hypo after effects clear up tonight. Take care.

Edit. Is the test a bit odd though. In normal circumstances you would eat during that period, surely, so you wouldn't hypo? Me no comprendi

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@nosher8355 Other than the hypo, those numbers look great to me, but I know nothing about these glucose tests.

I hope the hypo after effects clear up tonight. Take care.

Edit. Is the test a bit odd though. In normal circumstances you would eat during that period, surely, so you wouldn't hypo? Me no comprendi
No it was fasting. I had glucose drink (yuk!) After my first test.
And yes I normally eat regularly and also I wouldn't eat or drink anything that concentrated in sugars or carbs.
Comprendi?

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Good sleep Nosher, take care.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had my latest OGGT today and the blood glucose levels were as follows,

Fasting @ 8.30. 5.3mmols
30 mins after glucose. 7.2
1hr. 9.30 8.7
1.30m. 10.00. 8.7
2hrs. 10.30. 8.0
2.30m. 11.00. 5.7
3hrs. 11.30. 6.0
3. 30m. 12.00. 4.0
4hrs. 12.30. 3.7
4.30m. 1pm. 3.5
Test stopped due to hypo.

Another failure to stop the hypo. The meds doesn't stop me, believe it is my low carb diet that's giving me better health and better blood levels. I'm not too disappointed. Though it would have been good as a cure for those who needed to eat more carbs. I don't want to though!
The interesting result is I didn't spike as high as I usually do. That is interesting. I'm now expecting to get a phone call off my consultant soon.
Because of the hypos I feel a bit rough tonight. I have that low level headache, bluriness and in a bit of a fug. I'll be alright tomorrow after a good skip.
All respect to you @nosher8355 I always had trouble trying not to vomit in those glucose tests. Hope you feel better after a skip (kip?) :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I shall have a good read of your blog in the morning Nosher. Thanks for pointing it out.

Reactions: 3 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
All respect to you @nosher8355 I always had trouble trying not to vomit in those glucose tests. Hope you feel better after a skip (kip?) :)
Thanks @Pipp it was disgusting. I was burping and had the horrible taste in my mouth till late this afternoon. They are cruel around here!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes there was some good news, but me and the consultant didn't want the hypo.
I Believe that because my body isn't used to high sugar that my pancreas reacted to produce extra insulin. I know I haven't stopped peeing every hour because of it!!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Woke up this morning, like I had a boxing match last night during sleep. I had a weird dream again. I was rough this morning. I'm ok now.
Believe the hypo(s) I had took its toll on me. Haven't had one for a while.
So it's back to very low carbs again. Don't want to do hypos, why should l?
when it makes me feel like that!
Are the weird dreams related to hypos?
Never thought of it way!
Maybe @Brunneria can tell me.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi noshy!

Glad your test went ok ish.
How you feeling now?

I'm impressed that, even with a LC diet for months, your body was able to stop you going over 8.7.
That's amazing.
It takes me a fortnight of reintroducing carbs to wake my pancreas up to deal with that kind of input. And I'll shoot up into the mid/high teens sooo easily.

And I'm curious - what did they give you to stop your hypo?

On dreams, I get weird dreams, even nightmares if I go low in my sleep. But that is based on feeling low because I've never had the gumption to wake up, record the weird dream, and use my meter. And memory fades so fast, doesn't it?

I'm more likely to blink blearily, think 'Ha! Wot a horrible experience. I'm glad zombies don't really claw their way up through the mattress. Shouldn't have eaten that mango icecream!'
And try to get back to sleep...

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi noshy!

Glad your test went ok ish.
How you feeling now?

I'm impressed that, even with a LC diet for months, your body was able to stop you going over 8.7.
That's amazing.
It takes me a fortnight of reintroducing carbs to wake my pancreas up to deal with that kind of input. And I'll shoot up into the mid/high teens sooo easily.

And I'm curious - what did they give you to stop your hypo?

On dreams, I get weird dreams, even nightmares if I go low in my sleep. But that is based on feeling low because I've never had the gumption to wake up, record the weird dream, and use my meter. And memory fades so fast, doesn't it?

I'm more likely to blink blearily, think 'Ha! Wot a horrible experience. I'm glad zombies don't really claw their way up through the mattress. Shouldn't have eaten that mango icecream!'
And try to get back to sleep...
I'm ok now!
Yeah the higher(ish) readings surprised me. That's the lowest spike I've recorded for that amount of carbs/sugar. The hypo was something not wanted tho! The drop was slower as well, more gradual, still as late as three and a half hours tho!
I believe that the gliptin is really helping me even tho I'm very low carbing. It is have an effect. That was my first hypo in a while, it's been that long that I can't remember. It floored me.
As I've said the glucose test was to see if the glipten stopped me going hypo, and how it was helping me. Also for his research. I am expecting a phone call. To discuss the next step.
A nurse walked in and said did I feel hypos, of course I replied. If you go hypo we'll give you another bottle of lucozade. No thanks, just a cuppa and a biscuit I said.
No! You have to treat a diabetic with glucose. She demanded.
I'm not diabetic I replied. The nurse that did my test who had already read my page on RH and how to treat it, butted in and said if you do that he'll spike and hypo again. If you read his pad. The info about RH is on it. So she did. She apologised and said that she had never heard of it.
Nothing changes does it?
Ho hum.

My dreams are weird but not nightmares, some have violence, but since I've been well, I've not had many, especially non to remember. I had a walking dream, just legs marching I think! I've had these a few times and always feel fatigued the day after. Especially my leg muscles. Go figure?

Have you read my blog yet @Brunneria?

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Dontcha just love these medical staff who just pronounce without even reading your notes? :mad:

Reactions: 4 people