What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

Off course, good thought Sable... forgotten about chia...
Guess its cos I've only recently bought some and read the "bumf" on them.....

Must make that gorgeous sounding pudding
I was... :) I find I get slightly panicky if I cannot drink/eat sensibly before the day really kicks off... with the builders here it's odd to begin with... They fitted the french windows and the window into the new kitchen bit yesterday... :) That made my day improve, the view to the river is lovely now :joyful:... Does everybody get a bit 'off-centre' when they can't eat properly? I never used to, I've always been very laid back and calm about food... :confused:
I didn't but when I eat out now and they say they haven't got what I'd wanted I get a bit panicky on what can I choose (quickly) from the menu now.... always takes me ages to choose to start with.....

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

That almond/cheese bread is a menace.. :) I keep the recipe on my laptop desktop in case I forget it.. :D Your day sounds just right to me...
Printed that and a few others off and are now in (or around) my baking cupboard

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B. Allbran
S. Biscuits -oops! On a speed awareness course so needed something.
L. Came out of course starving, tesco just down the road, arghhhh food to go section is just sandwiches, donuts, crisps, sweets, pastries, bacon butties, sausage rolls! ! No no no my brain said so I trotted round to the cooked meat section and bought a pack of 4 slices of corned beef only 1.2g carb for the lot! Quite happy with that :D. Then went to the gym for an hour.
D. Lamb chops, mashed swede n cauli with butter and cream, peas and carrots. jelly and cream. Bg post 2h 6.7

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: My own mixed cereal/seeds porridge with good dollop of peanut butter (stirred in whilst cooking) lovely and satisfying
Dinner: 4 Krackawheat, plenty of red leicester cheese, sugar free jelly, scoop of lemon icecream and squirty cream
Tea: Chicago Town pizza and half of a lamb biryani ready meal, at a friends house - 7.00 at 2 hours luckily
On return home: trifle - aka sugar free jelly, plain Alpro yoghurt and extra thick squirty cream

Reactions: 4 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
8.6 pre 2 egg omelette, post 6.9

6.0 pre 3 bacon, sausage & fried egg, nob of butter and coconut oil as was still hungry, post 5.9

6.5 pre ( not sure why it went up only had a green tea in between) sea bass & salad, 3 strawberries & clotted cream, 1 sq. 70% choc, post 6.7

Gave yoga a miss as been on tinternet, Thailand for 4 weeks booked up for July / August!! Can't wait..

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

8.6 pre 2 egg omelette, post 6.9

6.0 pre 3 bacon, sausage & fried egg, nob of butter and coconut oil as was still hungry, post 5.9

6.5 pre ( not sure why it went up only had a green tea in between) sea bass & salad, 3 strawberries & clotted cream, 1 sq. 70% choc, post 6.7

Gave yoga a miss as been on tinternet, Thailand for 4 weeks booked up for July / August!! Can't wait..
5.9 to 6.5 can just be strip variance...
Your holiday sounds nice but not for me. I'd love just pleasantly warm and dry British Countryside - with my dogs....

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I cooked up liver and onions for dinner. I never liked liver as a kid. This was the first time I cooked liver myself. It wasn't bad! I may try it again sometime. At least it's cheap!
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1426051073.002996.jpg

Reactions: 10 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't like this... sorry you're sad.. I've put on a bit again too... I am not taking meds though... I intend to start from scratch again, and see if I can lose a bit... I will have to look right back at the beginning of my time on the forum and see what I was eating! I'm sure I'm eating more than I ever used to before...

I'm hoping that now I'm on Forxiga my bg's will come down enough for me to reduce my insulin, but I was thinking the same - time to get Trudi Deakin's book out again!

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you feeling a little better today PD? Chicken soup is the answer... nature's antibiotics... :) If you feel up to making it of course... :(
Thanks @Susikav. I've had a terrible two nights, can't sleep coz of bunged up nose, sore throat, headache and cough, and can't stay off work. Roll on the weekend!

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday:
B: yoghurt cream and berries
L: salad, ham, brie and an avocado for 3 o'clockses
D: ham 2 chicken drumsticks cheese
S: 4 packs of Halls cough sweets (sugar free, of course)

Wasn't hungry but I made myself eat. I get worried about not eating

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I cooked up liver and onions for dinner. I never liked liver as a kid. This was the first time I cooked liver myself. It wasn't bad! I may try it again sometime. At least it's cheap!
View attachment 12333
Lovely... As long as it's cut thin and flash fried it's lush... Kids don't like liver much, do they? :)

Reactions: 5 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Thanks @Susikav. I've had a terrible two nights, can't sleep coz of bunged up nose, sore throat, headache and cough, and can't stay off work. Roll on the weekend!
Don't like, but hope you feel a bit better today... fancy working feeling like that... not nice... have hot chocolate for breakfast... :)

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Scrambled egg and streaky bacon...
Lunch will be prosciutto and cream cheese on mic flax bread - which, when toasted, is just like real bread... :)
Dinner will be chicken stew left overs and CoYo for pud...
Running around like a loon today sorting all the last-minute things for the new kitchen (without taking out a mortgage on it) and packing to leave tomorrow... :( I can't wait to retire, much as I love flying... I need two dogs to make me get on a cold morning - bliss... :)

Reactions: 9 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday's food:

B - Cheese & Bacon mini crustless quiche (think I am addicted)
L - Poached salmon with a tomato, brocolli & cucumber salad with a few olives
D- 2 x 97% pork sausages, 2 x bacon, poached egg, mushrooms and grilled tomato following by Strawberries & Cream with a few macadamia nuts
S - Mini bag pork scratchings

@Brunneria last night I baked another stracciatella cake - this time I added 100gs of unsweetened coconut to the mix and used lemon essence and the chocolate chips... and it tastes amazing - I am so glad you shared this recipe. For a non cook like me, its amazing to make a cake like this that actually tastes so yummy.

Reactions: 11 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you love that cake like I do! :)

Had a curry tonight. Lush, and fantastic blood glucose levels. :happy:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast spelt toast boiled egg
Lunch bacon mushroom frittata and coleslaw
Dinner slow cooked lamb, roast swede, broccoli and green beans, bit of gravy.

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
:(Not so good today or late yesterday. For some reason a couple of hours after dinner yesterday I was starving, ended up eating some breakfast balls, a coffee with cream and some of tonights vegetable curry!

Struggled all day today but got a headache and just feeling out of sorts. Daytime was ok as can only eat what I take with me so normal allbran with ss milk and one boiled egg for brekkie and soup and a boiled egg for lunch. Got home starving :hungover: again and ate the rest of my veg curry straight out the fridge! Made some more for dinner with pork steak and cauli rice sooo didnt succumb to carbs which is great :) but ate too much for sure which is why my bg post 2h is 8.4 :mad:. Tomorrow is another day!

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: German smoked cheese, slice of ham, 4 baby toms olive oil and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Coffee and cream
L: veg soup with a pat of butter in it
D: pork steak with sprouts and broccoli. Probably have some yoghurt berries and cream later.
Snack: Halls lozenges
Felt rotten all day and a bit lightheaded at times. Rotten cold!

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.