What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I am no expert but I think insulin can cause weight gain. Hopefully a more knowledgable type 1 or insulin using type 2 might be able to help.

Not sure if it's ok to link to this here but this seemed a simple explanation of the issue - if not just google insulin and weight gain.
http://www.everydayhealth.com/health-report/type-2-diabetes/avoid-insulin-related-weight-gain.aspx
Thanks CE , you are correct about insulin but I was hopeful that lchf would enable me to lose weight as it has for others. Bummer! :-( :-(

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I was all over the place today... I had a fasting blood test at 9.20 this morning, so I had nothing till almost 10... I had a green smoothie and a slice from a flax muffin with cream cheese as I ran out the door again.... I was empty later, with the most appalling headache, so I bought and ate a part of one of those peanut energy balls you get in Holland and Barrett... I looked at the 9 Bars but there are so many carbs in them I didn't dare... I drank a little of a small bottle of pure coconut water... I had to sort out the builder when I got back but eventually I had a bullet-proof coffee at last and another slice off my flax muffin with chicken liver pate, a cray-fish tail cocktail and rhubarb and cream... my test was 7.8, which worried me, about an hour after that, then down to 5.6 an hour later... it must have been the few bites I had of the energy ball... I made shin of beef stew with carrot, celery, onion, garlic, mushrooms and one very small potato chopped small as there didn't seem to be much in it... I will test again in half an hour to see how the potato affected me... what an odd day...

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Thanks CE , you are correct about insulin but I was hopeful that lchf would enable me to lose weight as it has for others. Bummer! :-( :-(
I don't like this... sorry you're sad.. I've put on a bit again too... I am not taking meds though... I intend to start from scratch again, and see if I can lose a bit... I will have to look right back at the beginning of my time on the forum and see what I was eating! I'm sure I'm eating more than I ever used to before...

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Day 4 - all good so far
Went to bed at 7.8 and woke with BG of 8.8

B 4 rashers of bacon, 2 metformin post 7.6
L wilted cabbage with dash of fish sauce and knob of butter, 4 small pieces of coconut, pre 5.2, post 6.8
D Sea Bass and salad with capers and blob of tartare sauce, strawberries & clotted cream, 2 metformin pre 6.1, post tbc
4 cups of green tea and plenty of water
Bit more yoga tonight, loving this new me:)
:cool:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 9bar, coffeencream
L: cheese slices and a coyo
D: cheesy scrambled eggs which were surprisingly delicious, salad, choc chia pud

Wish I'd eaten more veg but trying to stay as low carb as poss.
BG not above 6.5 all day. Total about 20 carbs.

Reactions: 8 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - orange and sour cream 'muffin', handful of blueberries, double cream
Lunch - cold chicken salad
Dinner - sausage, chicken & mushroom bake BG 6.0 pre and 6.0 after 2 hours :0)

jnhutton

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B:- 1 slice of M&S 26% seed wholemeal bread toasted with a thin layer of peanut butter
L:- Mug of Co-op minestrone cup-a-soup
D:- 3 rashers back bacon, fried egg, potato waffle, baked beans
Snacks:- couple of sugar free sweets, 4 cubes of boots low sugar chocalate

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B Combo of Greek yoghurt and Coyo with frozen berries, flaxseed and flaked almonds (I like to live on the edge!) with coffee and cream with coconut oil BS+2 = 5.6

L - Home-roasted vegetables with fresh rosemary and grated cheddar, small bowl of oven-baked unsweetened rhubarb with fresh ginger root. BS+2 = 5.8

D - pub meal of 100% beef burger (minus bun) topped with Brie and cranberries with large side of salad. 2 scoops of local vanilla ice-cream, coffee with cream. BS+2 = 7.1. It was the ice-cream wot did it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

B: yoghurt cream and berries
Full of cold today and I've not felt very hungry so I just had veg soup for lunch
Can't decide what to have later, probably just some ham and cheese.

Had my diabetes check with the nurse today I have PUT WEIGHT ON!!!!! How's that happened???? I've kept between 70-90 carbs daily, and frequently under 50. Just my luck, tsk! Fed up :-(
Dodgy scales, heavier clothes,

S

Sable_Jan

I was all over the place today... I had a fasting blood test at 9.20 this morning, so I had nothing till almost 10... I had a green smoothie and a slice from a flax muffin with cream cheese as I ran out the door again.... I was empty later, with the most appalling headache, so I bought and ate a part of one of those peanut energy balls you get in Holland and Barrett... I looked at the 9 Bars but there are so many carbs in them I didn't dare... I drank a little of a small bottle of pure coconut water... I had to sort out the builder when I got back but eventually I had a bullet-proof coffee at last and another slice off my flax muffin with chicken liver pate, a cray-fish tail cocktail and rhubarb and cream... my test was 7.8, which worried me, about an hour after that, then down to 5.6 an hour later... it must have been the few bites I had of the energy ball... I made shin of beef stew with carrot, celery, onion, garlic, mushrooms and one very small potato chopped small as there didn't seem to be much in it... I will test again in half an hour to see how the potato affected me... what an odd day...
You'll have been glad to get to bed. Assuming you are as it IS rather late

S

Sable_Jan

B: 9bar, coffeencream
L: cheese slices and a coyo
D: cheesy scrambled eggs which were surprisingly delicious, salad, choc chia pud

Wish I'd eaten more veg but trying to stay as low carb as poss.
BG not above 6.5 all day. Total about 20 carbs.
LOVE cheesy scrambled eggs.......

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: butter with a slice of multi seeded toast
Dinner: celery sticks with cream cheese followed by two sugar free digestives with chocolate hazelnut butter (not the spread)
Tea: ate out - mash, garden peas and stewed steak in onion gravy - and NO spike....
Late snack: sugar free lime & lemon jelly with scoop of lemon ice cream (Angel Delight whisk & freeze ice cream made with soya milk & lemon oil) not tested but usually OK with 2scoops

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
This thread makes my mouth water. And just after I've eaten my breakfast too. It's making me greedy.

Reactions: 7 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Me yesterday:

B: scrambled eggs made with cream and butter, with smoked chilli grated all over, cheese/almond bread with butter (below), plus half a cucumber munched in my hand

Mid morning: cream coffee

L: lots of salad, cold chicken and mayonnaise

Mid pm: much too much cheese/almond bread (Deejay's recipe) with lots of butter spread on, butter coffee. 4g carb, 14g protein.

S: lasagne minus the pasta, mushrooms sautéed in butter/garlic, kale.

Total 28g carb, 70g protein.

And a pinch of salt in the morning, to keep my sodium up.

Reactions: 10 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You'll have been glad to get to bed. Assuming you are as it IS rather late
I was... :) I find I get slightly panicky if I cannot drink/eat sensibly before the day really kicks off... with the builders here it's odd to begin with... They fitted the french windows and the window into the new kitchen bit yesterday... :) That made my day improve, the view to the river is lovely now :joyful:... Does everybody get a bit 'off-centre' when they can't eat properly? I never used to, I've always been very laid back and calm about food... :confused:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Me yesterday:

B: scrambled eggs made with cream and butter, with smoked chilli grated all over, cheese/almond bread with butter (below), plus half a cucumber munched in my hand

Mid morning: cream coffee

L: lots of salad, cold chicken and mayonnaise

Mid pm: much too much cheese/almond bread (Deejay's recipe) with lots of butter spread on, butter coffee. 4g carb, 14g protein.

S: lasagne minus the pasta, mushrooms sautéed in butter/garlic, kale.

Total 28g carb, 70g carb.

And a pinch of salt in the morning, to keep my sodium up.
That almond/cheese bread is a menace.. :) I keep the recipe on my laptop desktop in case I forget it.. :D Your day sounds just right to me...

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Breakfast: butter with a slice of multi seeded toast
Dinner: celery sticks with cream cheese followed by two sugar free digestives with chocolate hazelnut butter (not the spread)
Tea: ate out - mash, garden peas and stewed steak in onion gravy - and NO spike....
Late snack: sugar free lime & lemon jelly with scoop of lemon ice cream (Angel Delight whisk & freeze ice cream made with soya milk & lemon oil) not tested but usually OK with 2scoops
I made shin of beef stew last night and added a small potato because it looked sad and sparse... It hardly moved my numbers! Its the first potato I've had since the beginning of October last year...Maybe I can have one small roast potato now.... I am never in one place for more than a few days it seems, which makes it really hard to control everything - the small potato success makes me really happy... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: yoghurt cream and berries
Full of cold today and I've not felt very hungry so I just had veg soup for lunch
Can't decide what to have later, probably just some ham and cheese.

Had my diabetes check with the nurse today I have PUT WEIGHT ON!!!!! How's that happened???? I've kept between 70-90 carbs daily, and frequently under 50. Just my luck, tsk! Fed up :-(
Are you feeling a little better today PD? Chicken soup is the answer... nature's antibiotics... :) If you feel up to making it of course... :(

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B:- 1 slice of M&S 26% seed wholemeal bread toasted with a thin layer of peanut butter
L:- Mug of Co-op minestrone cup-a-soup
D:- 3 rashers back bacon, fried egg, potato waffle, baked beans
Snacks:- couple of sugar free sweets, 4 cubes of boots low sugar chocalate
Good morning JNH... :) At the risk of sounding nosy, can I ask if you are low-carbing? The guys on this forum will probably know how you're feeling - we've all been there and done that I think... The good thing is that you have access to some staggeringly informed minds here, and they will answer your questions or settle your fears a bit... it's a pool of knowledge and you can take as much or as little as you like from it... Don't despair, we're all in the same boat... If you have time read some of the previous posts and you will see how people on here help and support each other... :)

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Getting back on track today, so frankfurtas for breakfast, salad for lunch (1st one this year) then some stew for tea that I cooked in the slow cooker yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.