Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Yes, not had any since last Thursday night, I never was on much (8 units morning, 20 evening) but I've never gone this low carb before, I feel great, so much energy, lost a ridiculous amount of weight already but I assume that's water retention? and will slow up, still having metformin though. I watched a video by Dr. Jason Fung and he really explained the whole type 2 diabetes thing that made sense to me this time and the insulin resistance, hence no insulin, maybe I should of weaned myself slowly but where's the fun in that:) I just need to maintain this regime, but I keep telling myself I gave up smoking so I can give up carbs, and it helps with the wife being on board now also, my goal is just to stay off insulin (bored of the regime and having to eat at set times ie. 30 mins after injected, hypos not nice,so anything extra is a brucie bonus!
:joyful:

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Flax bread w Philly, prosciutto and 4 cherry toms at 5am before leaving for the airport... Will have smoked salmon, goats cheese and broccoli tart without eating the pastry, cheeseboard and a glass of red wine on the plane...

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast
Coffee w/cream
Slice of spelt bread toasted w/butter
Tinned Mackrell in oil drained, seasoned with red onion, garlic, bell peppers, tomatoes and black pepper.
2 hrs 5.1, 2.5 hrs 5.4, 3 hrs 5.2.

Lunch:
Pret tuna salad.
Pre:4.9

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

I agree. A lot of newbies are advised to look at this thread for low carb food ideas. It could be confusing for them.
I usually add if I spiked or not but if we all add our "status" in our signatures it helps although only to an extent cos you can't see signatures on the App

S

Sable_Jan

I had 2 buttered croissants with coffee, a Turkey sandwich, chocolate fingers (naughty), salmon with potato, carrots and brocolli!

Then i had a massive hypo so i had a glucose tablet and some shreddies!
You had a HYPO after all that........woah....:wideyed::***:

Reactions: 6 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I usually add if I spiked or not but if we all add our "status" in our signatures it helps although only to an extent cos you can't see signatures on the App
I have added my type to my signature now for clarity. Shouldn't really matter as this is the low carb section. When I see pizza, chips, bread, chocolate biscuits, shreddies, that is what confuses me :confused:

Anyway, I'm not here. Just popped in to check up on @Weird Science 's new regime and he seems to be doing great. Nice one! :)

Reactions: 11 people
S

Sable_Jan

I have added my type to my signature now for clarity. Shouldn't really matter as this is the low carb section. When I see pizza, chips, bread, chocolate biscuits, shreddies, that is what confuses me :confused:

Anyway, I'm not here. Just popped in to check up on @Weird Science 's new regime and he seems to be doing great. Nice one! :)
so it is, I'd honestly never noticed the "parent" of the thread - I only picked up on it from a link someone supplied to give me ideas on foods a while back......

I think some of the carbs mentioned are "trials" but others are there as an "oops" :oops::oops:, a confession of a slip

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes

Never been better AV, just need to get my morning number down and I'll be happy ( tho 8.1 today, going in right direction) eating lots of fish and new foods, we took delivery of some coconut flour & chia seeds today so looking forward to finding some good recipes!

Reactions: 8 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What veggies were in your soup? They could be responsible for the 8.4 .......or you are coming down with something :(

the soup is cauliflower, onion, butternut squash, often have it for lunch with no bg issues. The veg curry was cauli, broccoli, onion, pepper, few carrots, pataks curry sauce. Have had before with no probs but dont normally eat quite as much! ;)

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Boring dinner part 2: leftover half of yesterday's dire pancake layered veggie lasagne thing enlivened with spicy tomato & mushroom sauce, broad beans & green beans. Mrs D has forgiven the chef.
Pancakes with gram flour are definitely good and will be fine in proper lasagne as a pasta substitute. I use almond milk.

Reactions: 9 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
nor me though don't think I could drink it then - too busy a time. I like it as a nice relaxed bedtime dringk
Yes it would be a bit of a rush in the morning during the week, but I could try it as a more leisurely brekkie at the weekend. Convinced myself, yum!

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Pre 8.1Mushrooms & tomatoes with fried egg in coconut oil, post 6.5
Pre 6.3 Stir fry broccoli, cauliflower and veg with dash of soy, spoonful of Thai curry, sugar free jelly, post 6.2
Pre 5.7 Sea bass & salad, 3 asparagus with butter, some coconut flour cakes to see if it affects me, post tbc
2 green tea,2 camomile, 2 decaf coffee & water
Try the chia seeds tomorrow

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: yoghurt berries cream, coffee and cream
L: three chicken drumsticks and four baby toms
D: four rashers of bacon and three eggs scrambled.
Snack: Greek yoghurt

Still feeling rough, though I managed to get about four hours sleep last night thank goodness. Looking forward to the weekend for a proper rest! :sleep:

S

Sable_Jan

the soup is cauliflower, onion, butternut squash, often have it for lunch with no bg issues. The veg curry was cauli, broccoli, onion, pepper, few carrots, pataks curry sauce. Have had before with no probs but dont normally eat quite as much! ;)
So it pretty much is portion size then....;) esp the curry sauce....

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So it pretty much is portion size then....;) esp the curry sauce....

Think so though eating back to normal today but bgs running 1.5 -2 higher than usual when eating stuff I alway eat. Feel better than the last couple of days but still a bit headachy and tired. Will see how I go over weekend.

S

Sable_Jan

Think so though eating back to normal today but bgs running 1.5 -2 higher than usual when eating stuff I alway eat. Feel better than the last couple of days but still a bit headachy and tired. Will see how I go over weekend.
Get some rest if you can, it sounds like fighting the bugs is having an impact on your bs levels..... :( get well soon

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Still poorly :-( and also had a hypo after dinner last night
Today:
B: berries yoghurt cream coffee with cream
L: 2 slices ham, olives and feta cheese
D: yoghurt berries and cream
S: Thornton chocolates :-o. Had to cheer myself up somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.