What are your hypo symptoms?

claiirebear

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A fair comment.. It's how I equate it due to my passive nature while low.. & the need to stove into anything carby.. Lol
for me i just want something sugary and carby in me as quick to bring me up sometimes i dont like the feeling

benjygirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
disrespectful people
I get cold and shivery. I am paranoid that I`ll have a hypo in the night as I live alone so I always eat something if my bs is 6 or below before I go to bed.

Reactions: 2 people

shaggy1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine have changed over the years, the pins and needles that I got in my hands lips were very pronounced and sharp in the beginning. Now, although I seem to get more all over it feels more like my body is buzzing especially the lips arms and legs. Occasionally I will get a sickness in my stomach when my blood is dropping. Also, have discovered a new feeling, the feeling of doom, which I had read about but never experienced myself. Queer feeling, sort of hopelessness.......like I just want to curl up and let the world pass me by.

I don't seem to sweat anymore unless its a nighttime hypo

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh Numb tongue. This has only started happening the last few months so don't know where that's came from! And I only get it when I'm like low low, like now.....2.6 boo!

chl0ejasmine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I become very, very grumpy and snappy with people! My hands shake a lot and I get a pounding heart, sometimes I feel a bit drunk with the shaking and dizziness.. oh the joys.

Ekat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It feels like being drunk. I actually used to drink but stopped to just very special occasions because the lows are enough for me! Blah...I get really clumsy too.

type1harley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who say things like "You're Diabetic? Did you eat too much sugar?"
Most of the time I shake, but other times I get hungry, dizzy and tired.

Danny Francis

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get the usual symptoms everyone gets but i always seem to get anxiety mainly before it happens, always feel tired after but depending on the severity of it. Lucozade is my main source to elevate my Blood sugar level again. But if I'm in desperate need, i just usually slam my face into the nearest available bag of fine caster sugar and re-enact the scene from Scarface :)

Reactions: 4 people

Radge21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get very hot, and also a feeling you would get if you were about to face a big exam a sort of anxiety thing every time.
It is like I have nothing to worry about, but start worrying for no reason.

Auckland Canary

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine have changed over the years, the pins and needles that I got in my hands lips were very pronounced and sharp in the beginning. Now, although I seem to get more all over it feels more like my body is buzzing especially the lips arms and legs. Occasionally I will get a sickness in my stomach when my blood is dropping. Also, have discovered a new feeling, the feeling of doom, which I had read about but never experienced myself. Queer feeling, sort of hopelessness.......like I just want to curl up and let the world pass me by.

I don't seem to sweat anymore unless its a nighttime hypo
I get that doom feeling as well sometimes. It's a very odd one as it feels like the hope has been sucked out of you and the world has gone dark. Reminds me of Dementors in Harry Potter

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I get an "oh I'm a bit low" feeling. I don't know how to describe it better. It's just that I'm low and that's what I need to focus on. So I do.

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I get an "oh I'm a bit low" feeling. I don't know how to describe it better. It's just that I'm low and that's what I need to focus on. So I do.

I get this when I'm high, I don't know how exactly I feel or how to describe it, but I just know I'm high x

Moggies12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is 4 "the floor" for everyone?
I'm just a few weeks in and sometimes get the tingly lips some folks are mentioning but when I check my blood it's fine.

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is 4 "the floor" for everyone?
I'm just a few weeks in and sometimes get the tingly lips some folks are mentioning but when I check my blood it's fine.
4 and below its whats considered to be a hypo. Due to you only recently Being diagnosed your body may take a while to adjust considering it would of been running on higher levels.
For the first month or two I'd get the hypo symptoms whenever I was 4.7-5.0

patchworks101

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being diabetic
It's never the same every time. Sometimes it's the tingly tongue and lips, others it's blurred vision, wobbly legs or slurred speech or it even comes on so sudden that I'm in 'falling over mode' before I even know it. Worst, for me, are the night hypos where I wake felling that there's a weight on my chest so it's difficult to breath, the sweats and aching muscles. That's why I prefer my BS to be on the slightly higher side before going to bed.

Grkify

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Insulin :(
I have ridiculous shakes and start to find the smallest things hilariously funny. I had a particularly bad hypo the other day thanks to some fatty food and apparently fixated on cleaning the glass coffee table to within an inch of its life. cant honestly remember it.