Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Think I ate every single peanut in the house last night. Going to have to dodge the saga louts in the shops later.

Bought some monkey nut last night....my theory is, as it takes so much time to take the shell off, I'll eat less.

Works most times. ;-)

Reactions: 6 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.1, weekend over, back to work for a shortened week, then oft to the good old US of A for a couple of weeks on Sunday. Miami for Key west and the Everglades, Orlando for Universal and Harry Potter for the younger members of the family then finishing in Tampa for Busch Gardens.

Can't come soon enough, have a good day everyone.

Reactions: 20 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Bought some monkey nut last night....my theory is, as it takes so much time to take the shell off, I'll eat less.

Works most times. ;-)
I'm like that with cashews.

good morning and it's a 5.0 for me.
I seem to be running back in the fives again of late but I'm fine in the fives./

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 15 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
no exercise yesterday ....starve from lunch which consisted of small piece of chicken and two diddy potatoes... no medi9cation this am untill after CT scan and 11.7 reading grrrrrrrrr

Reactions: 14 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been very lax on here recently, the last few days I have been permanently up a ladder either cleaning or painting. anyway Friday fasting blood was 5.2, Saturday 5.4, Sunday 5.6, today 5.3. Pleased with that as Saturday night we went to try out the local Indian restaurant and there have been one or two naughty snacks as I slaved away over a hot paintbrush :rolleyes:

Reactions: 28 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
6.3 again today... 5.5 the night before.... I have no idea what's causing it... I am going to fast for three days starting tomorrow and see what occurs... I woke sweating in the night, which is unlike me - does anyone know what it might be? ... menopause well past... :)

Snap! I was 6.3 this morning after a bedtime reading of 5.5.

I've only ever had one fasting in the 5's (about 2 weeks ago) but I'm beginning to think that was a rogue reading. I'm much happier with my bedtime readings. I should be getting my second HbA1c test sometime in April (not been advised of an appointment yet) and I know it will be lower than the first one in the middle of January so I shouldn't complain but, when I see all the 4's and 5's in this thread, I get a bit jealous. Maybe tomorrow............

Reactions: 21 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
no exercise yesterday ....starve from lunch which consisted of small piece of chicken and two diddy potatoes... no medi9cation this am untill after CT scan and 11.7 reading grrrrrrrrr

Good luck with the scan, PatsyB.

Reactions: 9 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope all goes well Patsy:)

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
7.7 looks like I am getting some where, maybe the insulin is working also got weighed I am 11 stone or 70 kg

Reactions: 22 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I've only ever had one fasting in the 5's (about 2 weeks ago) but I'm beginning to think that was a rogue reading. I'm much happier with my bedtime readings. I should be getting my second HbA1c test sometime in April (not been advised of an appointment yet) and I know it will be lower than the first one in the middle of January so I shouldn't complain but, when I see all the 4's and 5's in this thread, I get a bit jealous. Maybe tomorrow............
Hola weefergus

It wasn't that long ago that my fasting reading were relatively high and quite unpredictable so decided to attack them with my meter. So through trial and error I've been fortunate to get then into a range I'm comfortable with....and I'm sure you will too.

Best of luck on the big old bloods next month I have mine too.

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...

I have something going on for sure... I need to sort it out really, but don't know where to start... don't have a cold or anything obvious... start of an ulcer maybe? You are doing very well... good luck with the HbA1c... :) I'm sure your doctor will be happy with you...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sorry WeeFergus, I seem to have deleted your message to PatsyB while trying to delete mine - I put it in the wrong place.... :sorry:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I hope it all goes alright for you today Patsy.... I wouldn't worry about the numbers, the stress alone is enough to push those up, never mind missing your medication...

Status
Not open for further replies.