Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Not too bad thank you. Sticking to all this plain food and small portions seems to be giving me a break for a couple of days a week which is much better than before.

My stomach is still so big and swollen all the time though :(
Awww, I know honey...That is the very worst thing about it sometimes.. and you cannot control it at all... I wish I could tell you I've found a way to tuck it in, but sadly, no... :) It's so much worse when you're young and want to wear all the pretty summer clothes... If you can possibly afford it Symprove is amazing at putting your lost flora and fauna back in - three months on it makes such a difference to me... I just am so grateful for the low-carb diet I was forced onto... cutting out all grains has been the best thing... :) Having said that, I miss pasta, but bought a spiralizer to make courgette spaghetti... it's in the UK and I'm in Bahrain right now, but can't wait to try it... some of them are really cheap too....using a potato peeler is not quite the same thing... they say spaghetti squash is really good, so if I can find some here I'm going to try it too... it's a strange world I inhabit now... :)

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Thanks @Mrsass you have made me feel loads better! :joyful: hope you recover from your hangover soon:sour:. I find hangovers set off all my carb cravings! Still have given up lots of foods, not going to give up the occasional alcoholic indulgence although it probably should be more occasional than it currently is ;)
A glass of red wine brings your numbers down... :) but don't overdo it... :hungover: Beer and lager are liquid bread.... dry white is ok and one of the guys here reckons vodka brings his numbers right down... which is good news if you like it... :) You need to party sometimes though... ;)

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just had 4 sugarfree digestives spread with choc hazelnut butter (not the sweet spread stuff) sort of made two sandwich biscuits then topped them with a pile of squirty cream. I've been good, sort of, in that I did a test pre and going to test post as well. That way I will know how naughty, or not, I have been :D they were soooooooo gooooooood :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:
You are so bad... :rolleyes:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yesterday I had poached eggs with creamed spinach... and lots of stress.... and 3 Bullet espresso
Lunch was cold sausage and stracchiatella cake made with vanilla and lots of 85% choc pieces, and a glass of white wine with friends who were sadly leaving for the Oman...
Supper was four mini quiches with smoked sausage, mushroom, spring onion, tomato, mozarella, onion and garlic powder and cheddar; I made 12 from 5 eggs and a little cream and water - I find the only way to get them out whole is by using silicone containers - I have muffin tins and muffin cases - they both work well, everything else sticks, even if you butter it like mad...
Today will be the same, except I will have time to eat the quiches for lunch with a fennel salad, and make Goan fish curry for my supper and tomorrow's breakfast... I will pick my own chillies and tomatoes from my garden too.. :) Magic...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Your rise was only 1.6 though so eaten with other low carb stuff, maybe bacon, eggs, mushrooms :).....when your pre is lower than that 6.1 I'd say is an acceptable treat.....
I agree... :) enjoy...

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A glass of red wine brings your numbers down... :) but don't overdo it... :hungover: Beer and lager are liquid bread.... dry white is ok and one of the guys here reckons vodka brings his numbers right down... which is good news if you like it... :) You need to party sometimes though... ;)

Yes have given up cider and only drink dry white wine or vodka and slimline tonic :D just sometimes too much :stinkyfeet:

Jillyp83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
Today
B- omelette with two eggs no cheese
L- Prawns with a dollop of Mayo on a bed of rocket
T- Cooked ham salad with avocado
snacks - Mini peperami

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Coffee, Fish omelette, Veg mix (Mushrooms, sweet peppers, onions and garlic cooked in Olive oil.)

Mushrooms, my new staple carbs.
FISH omelette sounds gross BUT I did make a curry using canned tuna and if I didn't know better would've mistaken it for chicken......

S

Sable_Jan

I say digestives with hazelnut spread is the way to go then :) yum
Don't forget the sugarFREE part and its hazelnut BUTTER - like you get peanut butter just with hazelnuts instead. I always stress the difference cos the spread, though luscious, is heavy on the sugar....

G

gemma6549

Don't forget the sugarFREE part and its hazelnut BUTTER - like you get peanut butter just with hazelnuts instead. I always stress the difference cos the spread, though luscious, is heavy on the sugar....

Sorry, my lazy typing :) the sugar free digestives and hazelnut butter sound delicious :)

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FISH omelette sounds gross BUT I did make a curry using canned tuna and if I didn't know better would've mistaken it for chicken......

Yesterday my Fish omelette as I call it, consisted of the following:
2 eggs
Flaked cod
Red onion
Crushed garlic
Red sweet pepper
1 tblspn grated Mozzarella & double cream
Chili flakes
Extra virgin Olive oil.
;-)

I look forward to Breakfast.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - mushroom crustless quiche
L - 2 slices of ham, with tomatoe, cumcumber, peppers and olives
D - fresh grilled cod with broccoli followed by sugar free jelly and extra thick double cream

Reactions: 8 people

jackie_oates_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi all i started my day with 2 slices of bacon, full fat greek yoguart with raspberries and blueberries. For lunch full fat cottage cheese tomatoes few mixed nuts a tangerine and a small pear. For tea chicken with raw cabbage salad and cheese very good day today all bs readings under 7 all day for the first time since going on a low carb plan:)

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Been eating generally the same food as past few days BG okay except morning dump which then takes me till lunchtime to bring down

B 4 bacon, mushrooms, fried egg and 2 cherry tomatoes
L slice of burgen with Philadelphia and avocado & runny poached egg, slice of strat. cake
D som tam, 1/2 bag of pork scratchings, small cheese & sugar free jelly

G

gemma6549

I'm on liquids only this week (although I did sneak a bit of cheese earlier )

Trying to give my digestives system a chance to heal.

Lunch: chicken soup

Dinner: chicken soup

Snacks: a lot of tea!!

S

Sable_Jan

Sorry, my lazy typing :) the sugar free digestives and hazelnut butter sound delicious :)
No probs, just wanted to make sure you wouldn't be trying the spiky stuff ;)
Had the same scrummy snack tonight......just had to test again and my post tea figures were at a nice level. Same again, I went down by 0.1 - not so much as last night but I think I was still dropping from teatime yesterday...... Tonight I tested another half hour on and I'd dropped another 0.3......well chuffed.... I know it is calorie heavy so not a regular nightly treat but it IS nice to know something so indulgent won't harm my bs levels..... Hope it works for you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.