Status
Not open for further replies.

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B. Forgot!
L. Scrambled eggs made with cream and butter, 2 rashers bacon.
S. Couple of crackers slathered with butter.
D. Pork chop, cauliflower rice, curried veg
S. Small bar of dark choc, coffee n cream

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

What a brill site this is full of great ideas. You don't realise how many people are in the same situation as yourself . good luck all hope i can help somebody as much as i have been helped just by reading thanks all. jackie
Welcome to the thread Jackie :)

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

B. Forgot!
L. Scrambled eggs made with cream and butter, 2 rashers bacon.
S. Couple of crackers slathered with butter.
D. Pork chop, cauliflower rice, curried veg
S. Small bar of dark choc, coffee n cream
No chance of me EVER forgetting breakfast ;)

Amanda61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B~~ 2 rashers bacon 1fried egg and grilled tomatoes
Snack a few olives and nuts.
L~~ 2 slices of ham with red peppers cucumber and red onion
T~~ salmon Teriyaki marinated in soy sauce fresh ginger & spring onions
With fried leek done in coconut oil with spinach and cabbage.

Think the bed sheets will be rocking tonight :D

Edit

I forgot to add Strawberries and cream for pudding!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10 people
G

gemma6549

Well today I excelled myself and altered my breakfast slightly :)

Breakfast: omelette

Lunch: cod fillet with vegetables

Snacks: pot of sugar free jelly and a biscuit

Amanda61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B~~ porridge made with milk & cream .. I put a tsp of flaxseed with Cocoa and berries on
Very nice ..

L~~ salami with 2 baby bel cheeses.
Snack a few nuts
T~~ chicken with pan fried cubed celeriac.
Pud Strawberries and thick cream

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday 28th
B: Scrambled eggs, mushrooms, half avocado and cup of coffee.

L: Grilled salmon, mushrooms,sweet peppers, broccoli and half an avocado.

D: Take away on the move fried fish lightly floured and whole small avocado.
Pre: 5.3
:)
Got away with it lightly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: LC choc cake with thick cream (needs using up so can try refined recipe)
Dinner: 2 meatfree burgers on bed of lettuce, tomato & mayo, topped with sliced mild cheddar and fried onions.
Trying to decide between us what tea will be....
EDIT: lightly battered haddock & peas few pinched chips......

"Needs using up so can try refine recipe"..........Is that the best you can come up with?.......
Cakes and steam puddings are my weakness, so I'm always experimenting

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
What a brill site this is full of great ideas. You don't realise how many people are in the same situation as yourself . good luck all hope i can help somebody as much as i have been helped just by reading thanks all. jackie
How nice... :) Welcome - there's some cool people on here... and on the thread for posting your fasting BG in the mornings... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Well today I excelled myself and altered my breakfast slightly :)

Breakfast: omelette

Lunch: cod fillet with vegetables

Snacks: pot of sugar free jelly and a biscuit
Sounds perfect... :) How are you?

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Following on from chocolate cake breakfast I had a nice cheese and mushroom omelette with salad at Sainsbury's plus all my daughters mini tomatoes
Just eaten a 49g bar of sugarfree dark mint choc - 46gs of which are carbs but what form they take I've no idea as I don't usually get any sort of spike after it (weird)
Tea - any suggestions - I need to use cauliflower and broccoli up so be starting from there - had considered cauli and broccoli bread but too much added together. Maybe cook them both and have with baked fish.......decisions decisions

EDIT
Broccoli and cauliflower cooked together, drained and served with diced feta cheese - no messing about making sauce. Lovely, low carb and I'm stuffed..... for now ;)

Last edited:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Following on from chocolate cake breakfast I had a nice cheese and mushroom omelette with salad at Sainsbury's plus all my daughters mini tomatoes
Just eaten a 49g bar of sugarfree dark mint choc - 46gs of which are carbs but what form they take I've no idea as I don't usually get any sort of spike after it (weird)
Tea - any suggestions - I need to use cauliflower and broccoli up so be starting from there - had considered cauli and broccoli bread but too much added together. Maybe cook them both and have with baked fish.......decisions decisions
Sounds like a lovely day... You could make broccoli and cauliflower cheese to have with your fish... But don't forget the English mustard in the sauce.. :)

S

Sable_Jan

Sounds like a lovely day... You could make broccoli and cauliflower cheese to have with your fish... But don't forget the English mustard in the sauce.. :)
I'd done my "edit" before I read your reply. Passed on the fish as there was a lot of veg.... afraid I can't stand cheese sauce if it has mustard in it - usually just loads of strong cheddar cheese, salt and pepper - friend of mine puts butter and loads of garlic in it too.... nice for the potato bake she makes (but alas now off the menu for me) but its a bit overpowering for veggies.....

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a great day, bit of a theme for me on a sunday:mad:. Not helped by going out yesterday afternoon and consuming too much wine :stinkyfeet: then going straight to bed not having eaten lunch or dinner:nailbiting:.
Slightly hungry on waking;), scrambled eggs, bacon, 2 small white toast.
L. Still hungry! Chicken tikka mini fillets, curried cauli, some boiled rice which is the first time in ages.
D. Chicken sandwich, jelly n cream, 85%choc.

just tested and bg at 7.0.
Still tomorrow is another day :) and i start my higher fat, lower carb breakfast and lunch regime!:D

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not a great day, bit of a theme for me on a sunday:mad:. Not helped by going out yesterday afternoon and consuming too much wine :stinkyfeet: then going straight to bed not having eaten lunch or dinner:nailbiting:.
Slightly hungry on waking;), scrambled eggs, bacon, 2 small white toast.
L. Still hungry! Chicken tikka mini fillets, curried cauli, some boiled rice which is the first time in ages.
D. Chicken sandwich, jelly n cream, 85%choc.

just tested and bg at 7.0.
Still tomorrow is another day :) and i start my higher fat, lower carb breakfast and lunch regime!:D

@HA3 if it makes you feel any better I've had a seriously bad day and feel like I should be saying what HAVENT i eaten today actually the whole weekend! I'm making the excuse that instead of just being hungover yesterday from Friday night that I'm still hungover.. Not even thinking about listing the things I've eaten but bizarrely my bg's have been OK-ish

G

gemma6549

Sounds perfect... :) How are you?

Not too bad thank you. Sticking to all this plain food and small portions seems to be giving me a break for a couple of days a week which is much better than before.

My stomach is still so big and swollen all the time though :(

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@HA3 if it makes you feel any better I've had a seriously bad day and feel like I should be saying what HAVENT i eaten today actually the whole weekend! I'm making the excuse that instead of just being hungover yesterday from Friday night that I'm still hungover.. Not even thinking about listing the things I've eaten but bizarrely my bg's have been OK-ish
Thanks @Mrsass you have made me feel loads better! :joyful: hope you recover from your hangover soon:sour:. I find hangovers set off all my carb cravings! Still have given up lots of foods, not going to give up the occasional alcoholic indulgence although it probably should be more occasional than it currently is ;)

S

Sable_Jan

Just had 4 sugarfree digestives spread with choc hazelnut butter (not the sweet spread stuff) sort of made two sandwich biscuits then topped them with a pile of squirty cream. I've been good, sort of, in that I did a test pre and going to test post as well. That way I will know how naughty, or not, I have been :D they were soooooooo gooooooood :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I had a piece of bread.
I hadn't tested for shop-bought bread before because I hadn't got a meter when I started to give up grains. It was before I found low-carb.
So today I had a piece of granary and walnut bread from the local bakery, toasted with butter and cheese and then grilled.
Before 6.1 (probably having a cold is pushing it up a bit)
I hr after 7.7 (my upper target is 7.2)
2hr 7.4
3hr 5.7
The drop at the end is unexpected but it's nice to be back in the 5's.
I won't be eating that bread again. A little slice of LivLife once a week is fine.

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Today I had a piece of bread.
I hadn't tested for shop-bought bread before because I hadn't got a meter when I started to give up grains. It was before I found low-carb.
So today I had a piece of granary and walnut bread from the local bakery, toasted with butter and cheese and then grilled.
Before 6.1 (probably having a cold is pushing it up a bit)
I hr after 7.7 (my upper target is 7.2)
2hr 7.4
3hr 5.7
The drop at the end is unexpected but it's nice to be back in the 5's.
I won't be eating that bread again. A little slice of LivLife once a week is fine.
Your rise was only 1.6 though so eaten with other low carb stuff, maybe bacon, eggs, mushrooms :).....when your pre is lower than that 6.1 I'd say is an acceptable treat.....

Status
Not open for further replies.