Mods and Rockers

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Memories, yes. Photos, no unfortunately. Not of the beloved Lambretta.

669905-mod-bikes-and-60s-posters.jpeg

Hope you like them :)

Reactions: 8 people

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
From my early teens i remember being into ska and was a rudeboy / mod for many years from around 1979 i was massively into the beat madness selecter specials bad manners the lambrettas small faces the who, i loved the film quadrophenia even now, still a mod at heart. I remember drawing all the logos on my army and navy store canvas bag so everyone new what you were into, i used to draw the madness logo on all the desks in school. Terry Hall was my hero... "I got one art o level it did nothing for me..." those lyrics still live with me today. Rudebwwwoysssssss!!!

images.png

Reactions: 4 people

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

Wow, those mods sounded nasty! I would have had no need for that nonsense. I assume these were adults, not kids? Sheesh. I've been on a Harley twice - never again. I was scared to death. Is that what you call a "scooter" or a "motorbike" or is it neither?
MOTORBIKE ;)

Reactions: 6 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bwaa! You were right, RRB! I must admit, Adrian, you were a cute little chimpy on your trike. Was that your first girlfriend riding on the side? :D :D :D
Yes, she was the bit girlfriend on the side. We also played doctors and nurses and kiss chase.:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I wonder who would be a Mod or a Rocker nowadays if it ever became popular again, I don't remember any of it back in 64, far too young.

Mod music from the 80's

@nosher8355 , enjoy :D I have this on vinyl :)
I prefer motorbikes to scooters and like my rock too but loved the Specials, owned the 45 vinyl of Ghost Town. :)

S

Sable_Jan

I'm nearly 65 now and was a Mod. I had a Lambretta LI 150 with all of the usual trim. That was a great time to be a teenager. I live in Brighton but always stayed away from the bank holiday beach stuff. My now wife was a Mod too and been married for 44 years now.
That's lovely :)

S

Sable_Jan

I can't drive either and I worked at a car dealership, but would love to have a go. A driving lesson and ( I am being very brave here) a ride on Motorbike :wideyed: :nailbiting:( before I can't do any) ;) :D
Love driving - passed my test at 50. I'll just stand by and admire the motorbike - not enough grip in my hands to hold on as pillion and woah, too fast for two wheels.......

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I think you had to be backwards to own one.
Sorry to anybody that has actually had anything to do with one of these but they were / are still pretty useless.
Best bike I ever had was a NORTON COMMANDO 750, the ones the police had. When I had that I wore leathers and thought I owned the road. A Ton up boy I was then (that meant to those who don't know) that I used to do 100 miles per hour where I could, hence ton up.

I reckon you were a Hell's Angel, and I'm still waiting for my ride on the back of your new bike.:shy::):joyful:

S

Sable_Jan

From my early teens i remember being into ska and was a rudeboy / mod for many years from around 1979 i was massively into the beat madness selecter specials bad manners the lambrettas small faces the who, i loved the film quadrophenia even now, still a mod at heart. I remember drawing all the logos on my army and navy store canvas bag so everyone new what you were into, i used to draw the madness logo on all the desks in school. Terry Hall was my hero... "I got one art o level it did nothing for me..." those lyrics still live with me today. Rudebwwwoysssssss!!!

View attachment 12722
Who's this little guy in the flat cap - thought it was Kermit at first but when I reversed the negative I see he's yellow.... one of the muppets by the looks of it but not one I recognise..... Wonder what he'd look like on a Scooter?

Attachments

• 154609.jpg
    154609.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 379