Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Ah, I thought "Oopsies" meant you had succumbed to a real bread treat...... :oops::oops:
:p Nah, bread never rocked my boat anyway... nor rice, nor pasta and as for pizza... my idea of hell... didn't have to give up much really, except the dreaded porridge.. :D I was so sick of it you cannot imagine... sooo happy to give it up and eat eggs and cream and cheese and and and.... :joyful:

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
B - salmon & brocoli quiche
L - piri piri chicken with salsa, guacamole and sourcream using Lettice as the wrap... It was so yummy I am having it for lunch tomorrow as well
D - 2 x 98% sausages, poached egg, 2 x bacon and mushrooms followed by sugar free jelly and cream

Sounds perfect... did you make the salsa? My daughter-in-law whips it up in minutes... :( Good knife skills I suppose... It takes me ages...

Reactions: 2 people

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. I'm finally back at home after 4 months away! I confess to having some carbs on the journey (24 hours of flying with a 2 year old and a 10 month old will test the strongest will) but then I subsequently realised that my journey pretty much equated to a dry carb refeed. So we'll see what happens. Anyway this was the first EVER long haul flight that I haven't had swollen ankles at all. On the way out 4 months ago they did swell but they returned to normal within a day whereas it used to take 3 days.

Anyway, to food yesterday at home:
- B/L: omelette with cheese, onion and tomato, mushrooms on the side.
- snack: a few hazelnuts.
- dinner: my first go at courgette spaghetti using the betti bossi veg twister that I got in Aus. The twister works really well but I think my courgetti treatment needs refining as I WAY over-salted it to remove the water to the point that I couldn't rinse off the saltiness.i later read that a sprinkling of salt is enough so will try that but does anyone else use a spiralizer or similar who has any tips re drying the courgette spaghetti so that it doesn't get too soggy when cooked? I would ideally like to quickly wok-fry it in butter. I guess I could pop it in the oven instead? I know I can eat it raw and will give that a go too. Anyway I had it with some red pepper pieces, tuna, red pesto and grated cheddar. It would have been amazing if less salty.

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi all. I'm finally back at home after 4 months away! I confess to having some carbs on the journey (24 hours of flying with a 2 year old and a 10 month old will test the strongest will) but then I subsequently realised that my journey pretty much equated to a dry carb refeed. So we'll see what happens. Anyway this was the first EVER long haul flight that I haven't had swollen ankles at all. On the way out 4 months ago they did swell but they returned to normal within a day whereas it used to take 3 days.

Anyway, to food yesterday at home:
- B/L: omelette with cheese, onion and tomato, mushrooms on the side.
- snack: a few hazelnuts.
- dinner: my first go at courgette spaghetti using the betti bossi veg twister that I got in Aus. The twister works really well but I think my courgetti treatment needs refining as I WAY over-salted it to remove the water to the point that I couldn't rinse off the saltiness.i later read that a sprinkling of salt is enough so will try that but does anyone else use a spiralizer or similar who has any tips re drying the courgette spaghetti so that it doesn't get too soggy when cooked? I would ideally like to quickly wok-fry it in butter. I guess I could pop it in the oven instead? I know I can eat it raw and will give that a go too. Anyway I had it with some red pepper pieces, tuna, red pesto and grated cheddar. It would have been amazing if less salty.
Good morning... welcome back! I will post a recipe for you... why did you salt the courgettes? This recipe does not call for that... I bought a spiralizer but it's been delivered to the UK and I will not see it till May... I'm looking forward to trying it... courgettes in ribbon works well though... it's not the easiest thing to do and you waste a bit, but it's so nice to have 'pasta'... my daughter-in-law does it with a lemon zest, dill, creme fraiche and flaked poached salmon sauce.. very nice, and so easy on the tummy... :) Sorry, forgot the file... it's in the next post..

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning... welcome back! I will post a recipe for you... why did you salt the courgettes? This recipe does not call for that... I bought a spiralizer but it's been delivered to the UK and I will not see it till May... I'm looking forward to trying it... courgettes in ribbon works well though... it's not the easiest thing to do and you waste a bit, but it's so nice to have 'pasta'... my daughter-in-law does it with a lemon zest, dill, creme fraiche and flaked poached salmon sauce.. very nice, and so easy on the tummy... :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 09.29.02.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 09.29.02.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 368

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Good luck with your HeebieJeebies test... :) I'm sure it will be brilliant... How is everything else with you?
Hi Susikav I am well thanks, I assume you mean with the wife, poor love has got to have a wisdom tooth out on the side that is only just healing, and they have to cut open her gum, they won't start radiotherapy until this has been done, so that's next Tuesday, then a week recovery and then start at MV we think, hospital dentist thinks that's the schedule anyway, so just a little bit more before we can start the final journey!

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Susikav I am well thanks, I assume you mean with the wife, poor love has got to have a wisdom tooth out on the side that is only just healing, and they have to cut open her gum, they won't start radiotherapy until this has been done, so that's next Tuesday, then a week recovery and then start at MV we think, hospital dentist thinks that's the schedule anyway, so just a little bit more before we can start the final journey!
Ahhh... So much to bear... No words... Candles burning as often as possible... Virtual hug... Susi

Reactions: 4 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B mushrooms with chorizo slices and a boiled egg
L cheesy cabbage with mustard & cream and 3 slices of bacon
D homemade burger with cheese and some salad, jelly

Hba1C results tomorrow, I'm sure in for a telling off!
Will keep everything crossed for you:)

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and spinach
L 2 sausages 2 eggs 3 bacon

Great results from DN, a little rise but happy - cholesterol and weight needs some work but ok for now
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1427998656.850617.jpg

D well my niece is here for the night so KFC to celebrate!!

jackie_oates_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
1 slice granary toast with butter bacon and tomatoes for brecky, lunch was salmon fillet and fresh salad with olives and feta, tea was chicken and cauliflower cheese, all bs levels under 7 again whoop whoop:) all coffee with cream or full fat milk

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad to hear that wife is being looked after and that her treatment is progressing albeit with a wisdom tooth extraction thrown in fir good measure.

Food not very exciting here of late as I seem to have settled into a salad phase - so tuna salad for lunch today and spicy chicken slices with more salad tonight. Lunch tomorrow will be a chorizo frittata with salad and then steak salad for tea. I may start to look like a lettuce soon.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys! Long time no see.

B: coffeencream, eggsnbacon, flaxseed bap.
L: 9 bar
D: lamb mince with onion, tomato, herbs and enough garlic to drop a charging wildebeest at 50 paces. Broccoli and asparagus.

A mere smidge of dark choc. That may have accidentally fallen off a dark choc Easter egg that seems to have slipped its wrapper. Very odd.

Reactions: 12 people
S

Sable_Jan

:hilarious: Which chocolate cake do you make? I have a chocolate breakfast cake recipe - is it that one? The 'All Day I Dream About Food' site is the best of them all I think - can't remember if that's where it came from... That lady low-carbs in her sleep as well I reckon.... :)
An adaptation of one of my recipes but using soya flour and sugar substitute

S

Sable_Jan

D: lamb mince with onion, tomato, herbs and enough garlic to drop a charging wildebeest at 50 paces. Broccoli and asparagus.

A mere smidge of dark choc. That may have accidentally fallen off a dark choc Easter egg that seems to have slipped its wrapper. Very odd.
And no breakfast slab, stratiacella cake or chia seed pudding.....:eek:
Nice to have you back :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and spinach
L 2 sausages 2 eggs 3 bacon

Great results from DN, a little rise but happy - cholesterol and weight needs some work but ok for now
View attachment 12799

D well my niece is here for the night so KFC to celebrate!!
When you think of the harrowing times you've recently been through I think it's well done you... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

:) I'll know just what to do the next time a wildebeest is charging through my life.... I find that dark chocolate eggs have that slipping tendency... but in our house they tend to do it more than once... shocking isn't it?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I made oopsies to show off to my husband this morning and they're quite flat and not a bit like they were last time... :( They will probably taste just as good though.. I wonder if my BP needs replacing?
Yesterday had oopsie ham, lettuce and Philly sandwich
Lunch was salad with pastrami, cambazola and olives
Supper was chicken soup with all the veg I could find... hot chocolate with cream to take to bed...

Status
Not open for further replies.