1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by SamJB, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susikav

Susikav Type 2 · Well-Known Member

:p Nah, bread never rocked my boat anyway... nor rice, nor pasta and as for pizza... my idea of hell... didn't have to give up much really, except the dreaded porridge.. :D I was so sick of it you cannot imagine... sooo happy to give it up and eat eggs and cream and cheese and and and.... :joyful:

• Like Like x 6
  2. Susikav

Sounds perfect... did you make the salsa? My daughter-in-law whips it up in minutes... :( Good knife skills I suppose... It takes me ages...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Blessedarethecheesemakers

Blessedarethecheesemakers Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi all. I'm finally back at home after 4 months away! I confess to having some carbs on the journey (24 hours of flying with a 2 year old and a 10 month old will test the strongest will) but then I subsequently realised that my journey pretty much equated to a dry carb refeed. So we'll see what happens. Anyway this was the first EVER long haul flight that I haven't had swollen ankles at all. On the way out 4 months ago they did swell but they returned to normal within a day whereas it used to take 3 days.

Anyway, to food yesterday at home:
    - B/L: omelette with cheese, onion and tomato, mushrooms on the side.
    - snack: a few hazelnuts.
    - dinner: my first go at courgette spaghetti using the betti bossi veg twister that I got in Aus. The twister works really well but I think my courgetti treatment needs refining as I WAY over-salted it to remove the water to the point that I couldn't rinse off the saltiness.i later read that a sprinkling of salt is enough so will try that but does anyone else use a spiralizer or similar who has any tips re drying the courgette spaghetti so that it doesn't get too soggy when cooked? I would ideally like to quickly wok-fry it in butter. I guess I could pop it in the oven instead? I know I can eat it raw and will give that a go too. Anyway I had it with some red pepper pieces, tuna, red pesto and grated cheddar. It would have been amazing if less salty.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Susikav

Good morning... welcome back! I will post a recipe for you... why did you salt the courgettes? This recipe does not call for that... I bought a spiralizer but it's been delivered to the UK and I will not see it till May... I'm looking forward to trying it... courgettes in ribbon works well though... it's not the easiest thing to do and you waste a bit, but it's so nice to have 'pasta'... my daughter-in-law does it with a lemon zest, dill, creme fraiche and flaked poached salmon sauce.. very nice, and so easy on the tummy... :) Sorry, forgot the file... it's in the next post..

5. Susikav

Attached Files:

6. Weird Science

Weird Science Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Susikav I am well thanks, I assume you mean with the wife, poor love has got to have a wisdom tooth out on the side that is only just healing, and they have to cut open her gum, they won't start radiotherapy until this has been done, so that's next Tuesday, then a week recovery and then start at MV we think, hospital dentist thinks that's the schedule anyway, so just a little bit more before we can start the final journey!

• Like Like x 6
  7. Susikav

Ahhh... So much to bear... No words... Candles burning as often as possible... Virtual hug... Susi

• Like Like x 4
  8. Kezzer4321

Kezzer4321 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Will keep everything crossed for you:)

• Like Like x 8
  9. Weird Science

Weird Science Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and spinach
    L 2 sausages 2 eggs 3 bacon

Great results from DN, a little rise but happy - cholesterol and weight needs some work but ok for now
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1427998656.850617.jpg

D well my niece is here for the night so KFC to celebrate!!

• Like Like x 8
  10. Clivethedrive

Clivethedrive Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ongoing work in progress, keep up the good work ::))

• Like Like x 4
  11. jackie_oates_123

jackie_oates_123 Type 2 · Active Member

1 slice granary toast with butter bacon and tomatoes for brecky, lunch was salmon fillet and fresh salad with olives and feta, tea was chicken and cauliflower cheese, all bs levels under 7 again whoop whoop:) all coffee with cream or full fat milk

• Like Like x 6
  12. jackie_oates_123

jackie_oates_123 Type 2 · Active Member

ps rasberries and cream for dessert :p

• Like Like x 4
  13. cold ethyl

cold ethyl Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that wife is being looked after and that her treatment is progressing albeit with a wisdom tooth extraction thrown in fir good measure.

Food not very exciting here of late as I seem to have settled into a salad phase - so tuna salad for lunch today and spicy chicken slices with more salad tonight. Lunch tomorrow will be a chorizo frittata with salad and then steak salad for tea. I may start to look like a lettuce soon.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi guys! Long time no see.

B: coffeencream, eggsnbacon, flaxseed bap.
    L: 9 bar
    D: lamb mince with onion, tomato, herbs and enough garlic to drop a charging wildebeest at 50 paces. Broccoli and asparagus.

A mere smidge of dark choc. That may have accidentally fallen off a dark choc Easter egg that seems to have slipped its wrapper. Very odd.

• Like Like x 12
  15. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

An adaptation of one of my recipes but using soya flour and sugar substitute

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

And no breakfast slab, stratiacella cake or chia seed pudding.....:eek:
    Nice to have you back :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Susikav

When you think of the harrowing times you've recently been through I think it's well done you... :)

• Like Like x 4
  18. Susikav

:) I'll know just what to do the next time a wildebeest is charging through my life.... I find that dark chocolate eggs have that slipping tendency... but in our house they tend to do it more than once... shocking isn't it?

• Like Like x 4
  19. Susikav

You're so good at that... :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Susikav

I made oopsies to show off to my husband this morning and they're quite flat and not a bit like they were last time... :( They will probably taste just as good though.. I wonder if my BP needs replacing?
    Yesterday had oopsie ham, lettuce and Philly sandwich
    Lunch was salad with pastrami, cambazola and olives
    Supper was chicken soup with all the veg I could find... hot chocolate with cream to take to bed...

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook