Debs71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dieting, feeling tired, housework,
Hi,
Just want to introduce myself to the community.

My name is Debbie, i've decided to join the diabetes community as i have been watching my hubby Daks for some weeks now, posting, reading, and gathering information with regards to his diabetes. ( but i must mention that i'm not diabetic) but just wanted to be nosy and have a look around the site, you all seem very friendly, and welcoming and have helped my hubby tremendously with his type 2 diabetes. Hopefully i will get the same response and help with regards to the LCHF in which i'm currently doing with him.

Reactions: 4 people

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Her Indoors ^

Last edited by a moderator:

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well welcome to @Debs71 alias 'her indoors' & @Daks nice to see you have the support of your partner.

My wife has really liked the LCHF diet and although she may have a little more carbs than me she has enjoyed having the extra veg the fish, eating the fat on Lamb & Pork. She has struggled a little maintaining her ideal weight but since doing the LCHF has found it much easier.
Good Luck the pair of you.

Neil

Reactions: 3 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
Just want to introduce myself to the community.

My name is Debbie, i've decided to join the diabetes community as i have been watching my hubby Daks for some weeks now, posting, reading, and gathering information with regards to his diabetes. ( but i must mention that i'm not diabetic) but just wanted to be nosy and have a look around the site, you all seem very friendly, and welcoming and have helped my hubby tremendously with his type 2 diabetes. Hopefully i will get the same response and help with regards to the LCHF in which i'm currently doing with him.

Good for you.

Aside from diet and testing, the most powerful tool I had in my armoury when I started my diabetes journey almost 18 months ago was a supportive OH. He's still just as much there as he ever was. We made a promise to continue to always dine together, on the same menu, although he sometimes has additional items I pass on. It makes staying on track so much easier, and whilst I trimmed up, he did the same. Mwhilst always slim, we are both now very slight, and fitter than we were.

Days is a lucky man to have someone who wants to be properly engaged in his life and learning about his new condition.

One thing my OH would just not do though was to be tested. I would have loved to be able to,run comparative tests between myself as a diabetic, and him as a non-diabetic when eating certain foods. But, he just wouldn't, and I had to (reluctantly) accept that.

Feel free to ask any questions you have. This site is, I believe, for anyone impacted by diabetes, as you inevitably are.

Reactions: 3 people

Debs71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Well welcome to @Debs71 alias 'her indoors' & @Daks nice to see you have the support of your partner.

My wife has really liked the LCHF diet and although she may have a little more carbs than me she has enjoyed having the extra veg the fish, eating the fat on Lamb & Pork. She has struggled a little maintaining her ideal weight but since doing the LCHF has found it much easier.
Good Luck the pair of you.

Neil

Thanks Neil, like your wife I'm not low carbing as much as Daks but have cut my carbs dramatically have lost 10lbs and am feeling great.

Reactions: 5 people

Debs71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Daks is a lucky man to have someone who wants to be properly engaged in his life and learning about his new condition.

He certainly is!

Feel free to ask any questions you have. This site is, I believe, for anyone impacted by diabetes, as you inevitably are.

Thank you AndBreathe x

Reactions: 4 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Welcome, you have come to a great place. Joining forces with your husband is great and surely the VERY best way to deal with the issues.

Yeah, and I almost forgot to say "lucky man", knows which side of his bread is buttered on, well no bread now, but you will understand my meaning.

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. My wife has also been low-carbing for the last year with dramatic results and is now almost as slim as when we married over 40 years ago. She, like you, isn't diabetic.

Reactions: 2 people

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for making her feel welcome folks, she will be an asset to the community.