Insane urge to stockpile!!

Flowerpot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ah, but newer houses have advantages such as central heating, cisterns that don't threaten to fall on you when you pull the chain, and come to think of it, the netties are usually inside :D

There is a prescription reordering system at my practice, but they do tend to be flexible because of most of the population being rural, but not so flexible things could go out of date . It's what I call a sensible stash :)

Signy

The 'netties' -just had to check what this meant! - aren't just inside round these parts, they're even en suite ;)

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The 'netties' -just had to check what this meant! - aren't just inside round these parts, they're even en suite ;)

Ye gods !:eek: What luxury and decadence be this ? :eek: You'll be telling me you don't have to filter the water for newts next !:D

Signy

Reactions: 6 people

bellabella

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love stockpiling too! There's nothing that makes me happier than having a huge supply of test strips at hand- sad I know but they're so precious and run out so quickly!

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes I stockpile especially test strips for my meter, painkillers and amitriptyline I can't persuade the nurse to give me more than a month of my metaformin and Gliclazide or my blood pressure tablets my favourite phrase is "just incase"
Jan

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hand up, I have a bunker mentality .
I stockpile everything ! Much as I would like to have a zen like mentality and live a minimalist lifestyle, I store a meds stash, enough loo roll to alarm any visitors and a larder and freezers ( yes, plural! ) to feed an army . A small section on my pantry here :oops:

View attachment 12983
When the bombs drop, the market crashes, or the dead rise, I'm heading to your place Signy. :-D

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think Harold C has the right idea, six weeks supply of anything is adequate.
While trusting the government in most routine situations may be a good idea, I draw the line for those special situations where if the government screws up, [medical consequences of having no insulin removed by moderator]. Such as if they fail to provide insulin for more than 6 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

LaineyK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
While trusting the government in most routine situations may be a good idea, I draw the line for those special situations where if the government screws up, I suffer an inevitable unpleasant slow lingering death. Such as if they fail to provide insulin for more than 6 weeks.
Yes Spiker..I think that sums it up really

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My fridge typically has a minimum of three months of insulin in it. I've generally got three months of pen needles and varieties of lancets that honestly could last till the other side of nuclear winter, and of course the emergency syringes. Blood testing strips are probably my biggest shortfall, but even then, with managing food carefully, you could manage with testing 2 or 3 times a day max, in which case what I've got would easily last 3 months.

I wouldn't call it stockpiling, I'd simply call it being prepared. :borg::watching:

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Ye gods !:eek: What luxury and decadence be this ? :eek: You'll be telling me you don't have to filter the water for newts next !:D

Signy
Know what you mean, cousin kept getting her water pipes blocked by migrating eels!

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love stockpiling too! There's nothing that makes me happier than having a huge supply of test strips at hand- sad I know but they're so precious and run out so quickly!

You know, I was accusing myself of being a sad case that needs to get out more, because of that warm, fuzzy feeling of glee when picking up a pharmacy bag of strips !:rolleyes:

It caused me huge anxiety when the practice introduced a blanket script of a pot of 25 each time along with their **** meters. I fought to retain my strips and up the quantity to 200 each time , but over winter there was always that fear of running out and being unable to get any . Me and the practice now have an agreement ;) ( insert axe wielding Viking smiley here )

Signy

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When the bombs drop, the market crashes, or the dead rise, I'm heading to your place Signy. :-D

There's room for plenty, it's safe - nothing strategic to bomb , and fortified against Border Rievers, so Zombies have no chance :D Just bring spare newt filters - the water comes from an underground spring, and though it does have filtration, the odd critter can get through !

Signy

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
There's room for plenty, it's safe - nothing strategic to bomb , and fortified against Border Rievers, so Zombies have no chance :D Just bring spare newt filters - the water comes from an underground spring, and though it does have filtration, the odd critter can get through !

Signy
there are those that have called me a critter before , though i did protest i was more of a houndog ;)

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Got a cupboard full of supplies and around three months worth of insulin in the fridge. It drives the family crazy ! :sour:.

Tracieo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I stock pile everything from food, diabetes supplies and knitting wool - maybe I should get some help?????

Reactions: 5 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I keep trying to stockpile insulin, but until I've replaced my ****** fridge I regularly have to throw supplies out.

Reactions: 4 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
We were still in Cairo when Bird Flu Panic hit, and then we stockpiled. But it was so bulky we just started using things up.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I stock pile everything from food, diabetes supplies and knitting wool - maybe I should get some help?????

You don't need help, you are entirely normal, in my world at least !:D

( I didn't mention my wool stash, that threatens to engulf anyone who opens a huge upstairs cupboard ! :eek:)

Signy