What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie-70

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greek Yoghurt with hazelnuts and sunflower seeds and a tsp of Xylitol.
Tea with cream. 3 Ginger biscuits (homemade).

Roast chicken.
Cauli mash.
Coleslaw.

Snacks: 2 squares dark chocolate
3 Ginger biscuits.
Tea with cream several times.

Reactions: 2 people

Bewildered

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast, Greek yog and 4 strawberries
Lunch tuna and Mayo, lettuce, cue, toms, pepper, radish
Dinner, pork medallion, broccoli, cauliflower, runner beans
Snack small handful cashews
Milk in tea and coffee

Trying...

Reactions: 7 people

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Greek yoghurt, strawberries and a kiwi fruit.
Snack: 2 squares 85% chocolate.
Lunch: Tuna Nicoise salad
Dinner: 1 slice of Hovis wholemeal seed sensation thickly spread with butter, topped with sliced avocado and chicken breast.

Reactions: 6 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: sausage and egg. never thought I would be sick of sausages, but gave half to the dogs (again). need more variety.

L: lamb shank in pub. served on 'a bed of mash in redcurrant gravy'. yeah right. so the mash was actually well buttered and creamy, and I only ate about a 1/3. The gravy was soooo fake and gloopy and processed and salty that I ended up draining everything before I ate it. Very disappointing. The lamb was delicious though. and a goood helping. made up for the rest. Too many carbs, but if I hadn't eaten some of the mash I would have just been eating the lamb.

S: no idea yet. maybe quiche. don't feel like cooking which kind of reduces the options. probably coyo to finish.

I think I need to do something to re-invigorate my eating. I'm feeling disatisfied, but not sure about what...

Reactions: 7 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
@Brunneria if you like sausage and egg but want to try a different way, you could make scotch eggs, using the suasage meat wrapped around a boiled egg and baked. A bit of extra seasoning or spice in the sausage meat?

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: Usual porridge mix with soya milk and dollop of cashew butter
Dinner: Leftover chicken/leek/mushroom on bed of rice (not huge portion)
Tea: Quorn "beef" strips fried with spring onion and touch of gravy, cauli, broccoli, half baked potato and butter
Snacks: 2 slices of that gorgeous stratiacelli cake (Think I'll just call it almond cake from now on - can never figure if the spelling is right) won't put the choc chips in next time though.....this was the first time I made it but defo won't be the last, just wish the almond flour was a bit cheaper :(

S

Sable_Jan

B: sausage and egg. never thought I would be sick of sausages, but gave half to the dogs (again). need more variety.

L: lamb shank in pub. served on 'a bed of mash in redcurrant gravy'. yeah right. so the mash was actually well buttered and creamy, and I only ate about a 1/3. The gravy was soooo fake and gloopy and processed and salty that I ended up draining everything before I ate it. Very disappointing. The lamb was delicious though. and a goood helping. made up for the rest. Too many carbs, but if I hadn't eaten some of the mash I would have just been eating the lamb.

S: no idea yet. maybe quiche. don't feel like cooking which kind of reduces the options. probably coyo to finish.

I think I need to do something to re-invigorate my eating. I'm feeling disatisfied, but not sure about what...
How about going back to your breakfast slab?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tweetypie Thanks for the suggestion, but I think it is sausagemeat that I'm tired of!

It is more a fave of Mr B, than of mine. I'm a bacon girl.
Will have a change over the weekend and see how I feel...

S

Sable_Jan

@Tweetypie Thanks for the suggestion, but I think it is sausagemeat that I'm tired of!

We used to get bacon sausages from our butcher....long since gone alas...

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday:

B: scrambled eggs with onion, cheese and mushroom.
L: pizza express aubergine mezalane, 1 glass white wine.
D: home made (by my sister) duck curry, cauliflower rice. 1 glass wine (a lot of wine today as I was having a rare day away from the babies). I did then eat a small handful of m&ms though.

Today:
B: 2 sausage and egg mcmuffins, eating as little of the muffin itself as possible. Fair bit of walking after that.
L: celeriac spaghetti with tuna, tomatoes, mussels, tuna, red pepper, spring onion (see photo).
Dinner will probably be either salady, or something eggy with broccoli on the side.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1429359366.672815.jpg

Reactions: 8 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.

How about tthese bacon and cheese balls?;)

*edited to add* Am a bit annoyed they take out the yolk in the recipe though! That's the best bit . Suppose you could mix it into the cream cheese

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Breakfast yoghurt with frozen berries
Lunch I slice of Burgen with a tin of tuna and side salad
Dinner will be Bolognese , husband having a small helping of egg noodles , I will try hard to resist ;)

Reactions: 9 people
K

Kat100

Alpen homemade mix with almond milk

A lovely roll ... Filled with cheese and salad .. Half a pear

Little packet of weight watchers biscuits

Veggie bake later ...

Berries and ice cream planned ... Small,portion .. Most now take them out the freezer ..

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast similar to yours, my own mix but with soya milk.
Dinner was a rerun of last nites tea but potato sliced and fried in butter, not olive oil (been watching MasterChef ;)
Tea: I too have a veg bake in oven with cheese...may butter fry a red pepper to go with it...
Snacks: that yummy almond cake and lump of cheese

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Avocado; berries and cream; espresso Bullet...
Marinated tuna and courgette pappardelle left-overs; piece of almond cake and cream
Slice of mic muffin toasted with a fried egg
Chicken stew - thighs, garlic, leek, carrot, swede and baby marrows
I am hungry today! I'm taking a hot chocolate Bullet to bed with me to read.... Flying to Qatar tomorrow so need to be dashing hither and thither to make sure the animals are ok while I'm gone... Yo-Yo is eating like there is no tomorrow, so I imagine all the stitches in his poor little gums are not bothering him much now... :cat:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
How about tthese bacon and cheese balls?;)

*edited to add* Am a bit annoyed they take out the yolk in the recipe though! That's the best bit . Suppose you could mix it into the cream cheese
Maybe if you put the egg back in the filling will squeeze out... :) No other reason to leave lovely yolk out of anything...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yesterday:

B: scrambled eggs with onion, cheese and mushroom.
L: pizza express aubergine mezalane, 1 glass white wine.
D: home made (by my sister) duck curry, cauliflower rice. 1 glass wine (a lot of wine today as I was having a rare day away from the babies). I did then eat a small handful of m&ms though.

Today:
B: 2 sausage and egg mcmuffins, eating as little of the muffin itself as possible. Fair bit of walking after that.
L: celeriac spaghetti with tuna, tomatoes, mussels, tuna, red pepper, spring onion (see photo).
Dinner will probably be either salady, or something eggy with broccoli on the side.

View attachment 13084
Now how did you make the spaghetti look like spaghetti? Everything I do looks like pappardelle... :)

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.