1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by SamJB, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bewildered

Bewildered Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Breakfast, fried egg x 1, mushrooms and cherry toms
    Lunch, burger and salad
    Dinner, pork, cauli, broccoli, runner beans ( same as yesterday)
    Snack 2 sq 85% choc

And I tried making the oopsie bread and almond bread - such a wonderful granddaughter I am, I made this for my nan as she has had a high hba1c reading and can't have her operation until she's sorted. Bless her she thinks that giving up sugar in her tea is enough (89yrs old, diagnosed 2 yrs ago). So I sampled a bit of each, and the verdict is that we both prefer the almond, but the oopsie will do! Thank you to this site for the recipes.

• Like Like x 4
  2. KateA

KateA Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oh melezana, that sounds like a good idea.

3. HA3

HA3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B. Bacon, 2 fried eggs.
    L. 1 square sausage, was gonna have scrambled egg but pan was too hot so they started to set straight away therefore ended up with dryfried eggs again :rolleyes:.
    really hungry waiting for hubby to get home, had cleaned the deep fat fryer so thought i should test it ;). Had about 10 crinkle cut chips.
    D. Chicken breast, cauli rice, curried cauli, few peas carrots n sweetcorn. Bg post 2 hr 6.9.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Blessedarethecheesemakers

Blessedarethecheesemakers Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Susikav I have a device called the Betty bossi veg twister and it has 2 settings one of which is spaghetti and one which is more like tagliatelle.

Dinner went slightly off-piste as I had a slice of garlic cheese pizza bread. Kept on track for the rest of it - tricolore salad to start, then chicken breast in a creamy sauce with mushrooms, asparagus, sundried tomatoes, and a few green beans.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Weird Science

Weird Science Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Not sure I wrote this out correctly Susikav, it seems I hinted it was good for LC but I meant I didn't know, just found a recipe on realfoodnetwork and looks good (to me it does anyway)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Weird Science

Weird Science Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yesterday was to have a fitting for mask she needs to wear, some thing that fits over your head and down to middle of chest, we go again on 22nd not sure what for, planning & check mask and talk again maybe, treatment starts on May 5th for six weeks.
    A bit annoyed as have been told all along you need to start the treatment at six weeks after op, yet this will now be twelve weeks but I guess budget, schedules and other reasons come into play, and I assume they know best, just a bit peeved at being told one thing but in reality it's twice as long.
    At least we have had two "dummy" runs in car using different routes to see what's best, 3/4 hour going, 30 mins return, so quite easy just that's it's at 11:50 which kind of ruins my work day, but tough @&@!

Not posted last few days as was my birthday on Friday and have eaten out last two nights! Glad to be back to roast chicken & salad tonight :)

• Like Like x 6
  7. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

so far
    Breakfast: Up really late so had that almond cake.... thought it was supposed to be super great for the numbers but I still went up from 5.1 to 6.3 - rather surprised me....though could also be that a liver dump was underway....
    Dinner: Same as last nights tea....
    No snacks.... yet.... ;) and will watch myself with the cake though there is only one slice left.... daughter enjoyed it too when she popped in for dinner
    Not christened my tea yet...... had thought of roast chicken but its still in the freezer

• Like Like x 2
  8. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Breakfast One ryvita with marmite
    Lunch tuna and leek frittata
    Tea roast chicken , cauliflower , cabbage, few carrots and a small new potato x

• Like Like x 4
  9. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Ooh, not tried tuna in frittata yet and still have to make my tea mmmmm

• Like Like x 4
  10. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

B: bacon and egg, small latte
    L: family meal at an all-you-can-eat-chinese-buffet :wideyed: Not a successful meal. They had carrots in batter!!!:stop: I stuck to shredded pork, ribs, chickens bits, salad - basically 95% protein, 5% gloopy gummy shiny sauces. And 5 prawn crackers. There's a limit to what you can actually avoid. BG has been acceptable, so I seem to have got away with it. Drank fizzy water. No one else even noticed that my plate was solid meat.
    D: probably a huge salad. Definitely don't need any meat or fish! Might excavate some cauli cheese though. Need veg to balance that lunch!

• Like Like x 8
  11. KateA

Late breakfast due to night shift, poached eggs on spinach. Just made a veg curry using cauliflower, courgettes, brussel sprouts and spinach. I keep organic lemons frozen and will grate some into the curry when I reheat it. I will likely make some soup for my son and may have a bowl for supper, if I stay up that late!
    Normality resumes weekdays

• Like Like x 6
  12. HA3

HA3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B. 2 scrambled eggs on 1 small slice of toast.
    L. Roast chicken, butternut squash and cauliflower mash, peas and carrots followed by jelly n cream. Bg post 2h 5.9
    D. Couldn't decide on anything, ended up with one pitta bread with a bit of square sausage and an egg in. Ok except for the pitta!

• Like Like x 4
  13. Hedonista

Hedonista Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Breakfast: Greek Yogurt and pomegranate seeds. Coffee with cream.
    Lunch: Cheese Omelette
    Dinner: Chicken and kale soup with ginger and chilli.

Drunk a lot of tea, too. And I'm about to go see if I've got any chocolate.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Ellie-70

Ellie-70 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Greek Yoghurt with mixed ground nuts.
    Tea with cream and 3 Ginger Nut biscuits (homemade).

Roast chicken
    Coleslaw
    Brussels Sprouts

2 sqs dark chocolate
    2 Ginger Nut biscuits
    50g Apple*
    Cashel Blue cheese

* I am going to have to omit apple from my diet altogether as even this tiny amount of apple raises my bg to over 8. Cheese and apple has been a favourite night time snack for years so I will have to limit my fruit intake to berries only.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

celery is nice with cheese and, if you can do a few red grapes, they are nice too....

• Like Like x 2
  16. Blessedarethecheesemakers

Blessedarethecheesemakers Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B: 2 boiled eggs, coffee with cream.
    L: roast chicken, portion of roast potatoes in goose fat (I can resist any roast potatoes except my own), sautéed cabbage, leek and cauli, green beans, mushrooms roasted with the chicken.
    D: celeriac spaghetti with pesto, cheese and leftover bits of roast chicken:

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1429475714.559768.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  17. Susikav

Susikav Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ahh, your machine does both settings... no wonder you made spaghetti.... :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Susikav

Susikav Type 2 · Well-Known Member

How frustrating for you both... so disappointing when you've geared yourself up to have the treatment and then to have to wait again... and worrying, too of course.... lots of luck to you.... I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday... :)

• Like Like x 4
  19. KateA

Celeriac spaghetti does sound good, especially teamed with pesto, I thing that is a winning combination. The celeriac will add a bit of bulk/substance to counteract the absence of potatoes or broad beans. AD, I loved any kind of pasta Genovese. I may buy one of those sprializer thingies and experiment.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Lesleywo

Lesleywo LADA · Well-Known Member

0700 BS: 5.0
    2 x Peppermint tea
    0830 20 Min Walk
    0900 Bacon, Egg & Baby Spinach
    Mandarin
    Peppermint Tea
    1000 Weights: Legs
    1115 BS: 5.3
    ½ Apple w/Nut Butter
    Coffee w/Cream
    1315 BS: 5.8
    Spicy Red Pepper, Carrot & Tomato Soup w/Mackeral & Grated Cheese
    1515 BS: 5.3
    Coffee w/Cream
    1730 BS: 4.9
    Organic Chicken w/GF Gravy
    Brussels Sprouts, Red Mustard Greens, Kale, Carrots
    1930 BS: 5.3
    Mixed Berries w/Yogurt, Cream & Macadamias
    Tea
    2130 BS: 5.3

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook