Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Thank you clivethedrive.

Feeling a little better than yesterday thankfully, I will be eating lightly today!

Readings for yesterday

Waking 8.2
Breakfast 8.5/9.3
Lunch 6.4/6.6
Dinner 6.1/6.1

No bedtime reading as felt too rough.
Hi peony, i have found that its not just what we eat but the timing and amounts, so now i portion control and my bs's speak for themselves.

Reactions: 2 people

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi peony, i have found that its not just what we eat but the timing and amounts, so now i portion control and my bs's speak for themselves.
Thanks Clive. At the moment I have so much 'stuff' swirling around my brain, such as high fat, low fat, how much protein is too much etc. I have not been weighing my food out but I will start to so that I can work out percentages of fat, protein, carbs etc consumed. I have not shifted an ounce in weight since starting so something needs adjusting.

I think it was you who mentioned Jenny Ruhl's book? If so, I bought both blood sugar 101 and diet 101 and I am finding them very informative. Thank you.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Thanks Clive. At the moment I have so much 'stuff' swirling around my brain, such as high fat, low fat, how much protein is too much etc. I have not been weighing my food out but I will start to so that I can work out percentages of fat, protein, carbs etc consumed. I have not shifted an ounce in weight since starting so something needs adjusting.

I think it was you who mentioned Jenny Ruhl's book? If so, I bought both blood sugar 101 and diet 101 and I am finding them very informative. Thank you.
Welcome , i was finding it easy to start with lost 3 st now its a struggle to lose any more weight, on the plus side my bs is in the right area ::))

Reactions: 4 people

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's readings:

Waking 7.7
Breakfast 7.3/7.7
Lunch 6.6/6.4

Ran out of strips, more in the post! Hopefully, will arrive tomorrow.

moonchip

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just checking that this thread is about Blood Sugar ....

.... because with the General Election coming up there's an awful lot of the other kind of BS on telly :D:D:D:D

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
10.2 before brekkie hope you all ok.

Reactions: 6 people

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's figures:

Waking 7.3
Breakfast 7.3/8.3
Lunch 6/5.7
Dinner 5.7/6
Bedtime 7

Reactions: 6 people

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Readings for today

Waking 7.3
Dinner 6.8/8.2
Bedtime 8.2

Decided to not test as much, just 4 readings, namely as getting through the strips so fast. Also, I am thinking long and hard on the diet I wish to follow as my digestion is struggling at the moment, i used to be a vegan, and I am considering going back to this way of eating but not sure yet how I will structure it. A lot of planning ahead, Looking forward to a simple bowl of cabbage tomorrow for my lunch, something nice and light to digest!

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Before breakfast 7.9

Reactions: 3 people

Lexa_x

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting was 11.3
after breakast 8.2
pre lunch 5.7

Think im finally getting over the great cold of 2015. Fasting was way too high though.

Reactions: 4 people

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening

7.5 first reading taken today.

Dinner 6.5/6.6

Bedtime No reading taken as left kit downstairs.

Been feeling very rough today, my body is complaining about something or other, just need to find the cause. Tomorrow is another day, so ever hopeful.

Take care all.

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
11.0 before breakfast