Type 1 Diabetic

jskaife87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening all my fellow diabetics whether type 1 or type 2 reading this message

In just over 5 days time I will be running the London marathon.

I have been a diabetic for the best part of 15 years and this is my first marathon.

I only started training for this last May and I thought at first "how hard can it be"

Now, as of today with over 500 miles of running under my belt I can truly say I'm bricking it!

The furthest I have run is 20 miles, and iv been told that once you get to 20 your half way there!!

However I keep telling myself that I'm doing it for a great cause. I'm raising money for kent association for the blind.

Although not directly related to diabetes, they do help people with impaired vision caused by diabetes and therefore I consider a great cause none the less.

I would love it if I could get some support from you guys, no matter how big or small!

I ask you donate at www.justgiving.com/skaife

If anyone else in reading this is running the London marathon on Sunday then my condolences are with you haha.

Happy running and much love to all of you

Jason skaife
T1 (type 1) not terminator 1 :)

X

Reactions: 4 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Good evening all my fellow diabetics whether type 1 or type 2 reading this message

In just over 5 days time I will be running the London marathon.

I have been a diabetic for the best part of 15 years and this is my first marathon.

I only started training for this last May and I thought at first "how hard can it be"

Now, as of today with over 500 miles of running under my belt I can truly say I'm bricking it!

The furthest I have run is 20 miles, and iv been told that once you get to 20 your half way there!!

However I keep telling myself that I'm doing it for a great cause. I'm raising money for kent association for the blind.

Although not directly related to diabetes, they do help people with impaired vision caused by diabetes and therefore I consider a great cause none the less.

I would love it if I could get some support from you guys, no matter how big or small!

I ask you donate at www.justgiving.com/skaife

If anyone else in reading this is running the London marathon on Sunday then my condolences are with you haha.

Happy running and much love to all of you

Jason skaife
T1 (type 1) not terminator 1 :)

X

All the very best of luck! Bx