1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 Diabetic

Discussion in 'Diabetes Events' started by jskaife87, Apr 20, 2015.

1. jskaife87

jskaife87 Type 1 · Active Member

Good evening all my fellow diabetics whether type 1 or type 2 reading this message

In just over 5 days time I will be running the London marathon.

I have been a diabetic for the best part of 15 years and this is my first marathon.

I only started training for this last May and I thought at first "how hard can it be"

Now, as of today with over 500 miles of running under my belt I can truly say I'm bricking it!

The furthest I have run is 20 miles, and iv been told that once you get to 20 your half way there!!

However I keep telling myself that I'm doing it for a great cause. I'm raising money for kent association for the blind.

Although not directly related to diabetes, they do help people with impaired vision caused by diabetes and therefore I consider a great cause none the less.

I would love it if I could get some support from you guys, no matter how big or small!

I ask you donate at www.justgiving.com/skaife

If anyone else in reading this is running the London marathon on Sunday then my condolences are with you haha.

Happy running and much love to all of you

Jason skaife
    T1 (type 1) not terminator 1 :)

X

• Like Like x 4
  2. Bebo321

Bebo321 Family member · Well-Known Member

All the very best of luck! Bx

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook