The SCREAM thread

S

Sable_Jan

Just had a ten minute lecture from my boss about how I shouldnt be eating chicken skin. Wouldnt grasp the lchf concept. :banghead:
What's it got to do with your boss what you eat? Took skin off mine cos it's in a casserole so would be yeucky but Brown and crispy? Gimme moooore.....

Reactions: 4 people

Lexa_x

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What's it got to do with your boss what you eat? Took skin off mine cos it's in a casserole so would be yeucky but Brown and crispy? Gimme moooore.....

That was my first thought. There was a caring tone to it.. he genuinely was offering advise.. he was just wrong and with him being my boss I felt I shouldnt agree nor disagree lol

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
@Patricia21 Hope you are feeling better today and not too sore!
Hi Falgal.
Thanks for your concern.
I was a bit stiff this morning,but walked a lot today,feeling fine tonight.
I think it was the shock more than anything that upset me x x

Reactions: 6 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just had my pension rise of 1.6% which adds up to £12 .50 per month.

Still getting taxed though, the real caring side of this country!!!!!!

I've already played tax before deductions and paying again!!!!

The trouble is my housing costs went up by £23 per month from the start of the year!

If I lose my part time job which I still pay tax and national insurance (haven't I paid enough after 45 years?)
I'm in deep s...!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
yes it is not funny my husband only receives his pension and they stop tax every year for it they give you a little rise in April then take 100 plus in tax in December what is wrong with this country ...if you have worked all your life and paid tax why do you have to pay it on state pension? :meh:

Reactions: 10 people

Janiept

Expert
Just had my pension rise of 1.6% which adds up to £12 .50 per month.

Still getting taxed though, the real caring side of this country!!!!!!

I've already played tax before deductions and paying again!!!!

The trouble is my housing costs went up by £23 per month from the start of the year!

If I lose my part time job which I still pay tax and national insurance (haven't I paid enough after 45 years?)
I'm in deep s...!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Now that deserves a Very Loud Scream !!! I'm having one here for you too :arghh:

Reactions: 7 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Falgal.
Thanks for your concern.
I was a bit stiff this morning,but walked a lot today,feeling fine tonight.
I think it was the shock more than anything that upset me x x

Hi Pat, pleased to see you are feeling a little better now and the walking was a good get up and go for
you :) Take care x

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Thank you Robin.
Hope all went well with the Doctor x x

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

yes it is not funny my husband only receives his pension and they stop tax every year for it they give you a little rise in April then take 100 plus in tax in December what is wrong with this country ...if you have worked all your life and paid tax why do you have to pay it on state pension? :meh:
Same with occupational pensions which is why I will take as much as I can tax free lump sum....still got 3 yrs to wait for that tho....

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Same with occupational pensions which is why I will take as much as I can tax free lump sum....still got 3 yrs to wait for that tho....
Still got a few years to go before I get my state pension. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Still got a few years to go before I get my state pension. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Same here, really not happy when they put it up to 66 years :arghh: I mean we are told our lives are shortened by diabetes, so hope we get to 66 and then what :stop: :wideyed:
ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:arghh:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Same here, really not happy when they put it up to 66 years :arghh: I mean we are told our lives are shortened by diabetes, so hope we get to 66 and then what :stop: :wideyed:
Yeah! I know my pension income will double at 66. Unless the Tories take more out of me for their rich mates!!!:mad::arghh:
Then I can actually retire! And look after the house and wife full time. Spend more time with the grandkids, and watch more footie:)

Reactions: 5 people
C

chris lowe

When I say weeds I mean bindweed, ground elder, brambles, cleavers, couch grass, have inherited the lot in my new garden! :(
I share the seeds with neighbours "wildlife" garden. He's got a fantastic crop of dandelions, so any time now they will be shedding seeds everywhere. AHHHHRRRRRRR. Bless him, he's such a nice guy that I don't complain:)

S

Sable_Jan

A couple of years ago my state pension age was still 60..and for others it was graded then suddenly whoomph its 66...... I wouldn't be able to get a job now if I tried cos of my fibromyalgia yet I'm not bad enough to qualify for any I'll health benefits cos I can look after myself no trouble. I get fibrofog and fatigue can't hold concentration for long and now am forgetting words when I'm talking..... the only reason I can get away with not working is cos I lost my brother a couple of years ago and he'd investments in place to see him through and beyond his own state pension age....he died at 60 :(

C

chris lowe

Don't get me started! I've got to wait until I'm 63yrs 2 months & 20 days. When I started work I thought I agreed with the gov't that if I paid in I would get my pension at 60 but they keep moving the goalposts. They also changed the number of years you had to pay in, so I've already paid in more than they now say, but are they going to reimburse me for the extr 4 years of contributions? Noooooo. Double AAHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRR:grumpy::banghead::banghead:

Reactions: 2 people