Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
3.9 10.30 pm
5.1 midnight
7.1 on waking 6.20 am

Reactions: 15 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I was 6.1 this morning after a 5.5 bedtime reading. I had my first (after diagnosis) HbA1c test yesterday and I'll be getting my results on 11th May.

Reactions: 17 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.8 no nuts, cold pressed oat/fruit/nuts/cocoa bar instead. Only took me to 6.9 then dropped to 5.2 by midnight....

Reactions: 17 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning all

5.6 fasting and 0.6 blood ketones. Took a wrong turn from the straight and narrow down carb alley and had far too unmentionable items due to wine overload.

Oh for a bit of @WeeFergus Restraint! 100ml was probably the first glug and a weekly allowance not long thereafter.
:D This week I'm trying without any wine at all and my fasting numbers are up from last week.

Reactions: 10 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
6.2 mmol / L this morning.
4.8 mmol / L at bed time.

Sleep started past 1am but, wasn't too bad quality wise.

Reactions: 14 people

IzzieS

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Loud noises; disrespectful people; fireworks
I'm a bit disappointed after my clinic visit yesterday as my HbA1c results had only gone down slightly so the nurse advised that I should stop the depagliflozin and go onto gliclazade. I was a bit scared of having to test my bs at least 4 times a day, but I can see that it will be useful to monitor what the food I'm eating does to it and feel more positive this morning. My be fasting result this morning was 7.4 which may be a bit high, but last night it was 13.5. But I only went on the tablets yesterday, so here's hoping for lots of improvement.

Reactions: 14 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm guessing 5.3, but I don't know for sure since I've run out of strips. Looks like fair weather today in lovely Normandy.

I just love the precision of your guess. :)

Reactions: 9 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
4.6 last day at work off on Anniversary hols with my much better half tomorrow.

Have a great day.
View attachment 13319

I hope you really enjoy it... :) Friday Brunch in a nice hotel is not to be missed - as much champagne as you can drink and an endless sea of food of really good quality.... and every nation's food is represented somewhere in Dubai... There are just so many to choose from though.... If you see the Ahlan magazine somewhere, right in the back it has lots of recommendations for eating..... Enjoy... :joyful:

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I'm less convinced by conspiracy theories but am convinced that NHS people are just largely out of date and not embracing low-carb theory and practice. There was a TV program on yesterday morning (Rip-off Britain) focusing on the food industry and there was practically no coverage of low carb/high fat even though sugar and salt were spotlighted. Even a Type 2 diabetic who was a guest was only interested in avoiding sugary foods, not all high-carb foods and a nutritionist also interviewed basically said we all need a low fat and low sugar diet (so basically lots of protein and starchy carbs - all of which as most of us now realise here can easily lead to problems). The problem is that fat has been so villified that it is a taboo food in our society.

It is very hard to understand, unless it's driven by corporate greed, which has no conscience - ever.... but you'd think doctors would start twigging really...

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.3 on this very sunny pay day.

Am off to get myself some comfy trainers. I may go for the Sketchers Go Walk.
Let us know what you buy and how comfy they are... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning all

5.2 fasting. Ketones P 1.5 ish. B 1.1.

Weight loss stalling a bit so just started a 'fat fast'.

Nice sunny start to the day here on the south coast. Will this hold for the bank holiday weekend?
...Does that mean not eating any fat at all - or do you eat vegetable fats?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all. I was 6.1 this morning after a 5.5 bedtime reading. I had my first (after diagnosis) HbA1c test yesterday and I'll be getting my results on 11th May.
I bet you're looking forward to the result too.. all your hard work is bound to have paid off... keep us posted... :)

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

I'm a bit disappointed after my clinic visit yesterday as my HbA1c results had only gone down slightly so the nurse advised that I should stop the depagliflozin and go onto gliclazade. I was a bit scared of having to test my bs at least 4 times a day, but I can see that it will be useful to monitor what the food I'm eating does to it and feel more positive this morning. My be fasting result this morning was 7.4 which may be a bit high, but last night it was 13.5. But I only went on the tablets yesterday, so here's hoping for lots of improvement.
I test 6 times on a normal day. Twice per.meal. just before eating and 2 hrs after. You are aiming for a rise of no more than 2

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
...Does that mean not eating any fat at all - or do you eat vegetable fats?
Quite the opposite. It is only a kick start - originally atkins proposed and then taken up and updated by others.

In a nutshell...

Short term - 3 days at 1000 cals per day 90% of which is fat. Then increase by 200 cals for further 3 days and build from there. It is only short term and the only time cal counting is recommended on certain diets not endoresed/recommended/known about by nhs hcp's.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.