Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First ever morning reading and judgng by reading back on this post, it isn't great 7.5 at 8am

Reactions: 12 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bedtime 5.8
Forgot, :( until I was having the last spoon full of yogurt this morning 6.1

Reactions: 10 people
S

Sable_Jan

First ever morning reading and judgng by reading back on this post, it isn't great 7.5 at 8am
That's not bad at all. Some newly diagnosed/New to testing have been in the high teens even twenties. Also fasting is the hardest to gain any sort of control over. Look up DP Dawn Phenomenon on main site, sorry, on phone App so can't link you x

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!

Thats what I was getting up until a couple of weeks ago.

Knocking the carbs back, though not totally, has worked really quickly to improve my levels.

Oh and the Sketcher s...OMFG! It's like walking with your own fluffy clouds attached to your feet.

Reactions: 10 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is very hard to understand, unless it's driven by corporate greed, which has no conscience - ever.... but you'd think doctors would start twigging really...

Not really. Doctors and nurses have to cope with many unrelated conditions. They are trained in practises that are traditional and trusted. If you trust in your training there is little incentive to reject it and accept a completely different strategy. Here, however, we are all fixated on the one topic so we have had the luxury of time and self-interested motivation to find the very latest information. Health care professionals will catch up eventually!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not much!
Hello All,

Hope you are all well and fitting fit. :D

I have seen the thread in fasting blood glucose, but was wondering what they are for only Type 2's.

Mine are between 4.5 and 6.0 depending on what I have eaten / drunk the night before.

Cheers
SImply_h

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not much!
Hello All,

Hope you are all well and fitting fit. :D

I have seen the thread in fasting blood glucose, but was wondering what they are for only Type 2's.

Mine are between 4.5 and 6.0 depending on what I have eaten / drunk the night before.

Cheers
SImply_h

Mine is 10 in the morning, I am cutting my carbs, walking, what else can I do !

Reactions: 9 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting today (back to early check again!): 6.7

and flat as a pancake so far :p:p:
6.7 (fasting) -> 6.9, 6.9 -> 6.9

Robbity

S

Sable_Jan

I have to ask, why the sleep pattern if you think it is a contributing factor.
Cheers
Hj
If anything like me it's not intentional....I can't usually get to sleep until between midnight and 2am..... I go to bed earlier and listen to music and read or watch a film or whatever until all my muscles are relaxed enough to sleep ... Was just settling down at midnight when dog wanted out so finally slept about half one :(

Reactions: 9 people
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not much!
I see blood readings of 5 and 6 but I have never managed that, mine is 10 today so does anyone know why, I walked a few miles yesterday but didn't eat too badly?

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.