Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

5.2 today... Have a good Sunday all. Was glorious sunny Sunday and changed to dull, cold and windy :(....

Reactions: 17 people

Merrylizard1314

Day61ND 4.6. Windy and raining.
@vit90, I have really noticed how hunger is increased by exercise. I am hoping that when I finish ND, I will be able to accommodate more exercise without feeling an urge to devour everything in sight, by including more real foods.

Reactions: 13 people

Merrylizard1314

Gosh! That was exciting! I just accidentally excommunicated myself from this forum and for a while I couldn't work out how to get back in. Very scary!

Reactions: 6 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
7.6 mmol / L this morning.
5.3 mmol / L at bed time.

Disappointed with that as I had a very low carb (9.7g) day yesterday and walked the longest walk of the week yesterday - over 5 miles!

Suspect that I tested after my dawn phenomenon that my Pancreases just can not adjust. Knew I should have tested before returning to the land of nod after my toilet break at 6am! ;)

Ah, well, tomorrow's another day!

Reactions: 12 people
S

Sable_Jan

7.6 mmol / L this morning.
5.3 mmol / L at bed time.

Disappointed with that as I had a very low carb (9.7g) day yesterday and walked the longest walk of the week yesterday - over 5 miles!

Suspect that I tested after my dawn phenomenon that my Pancreases just can not adjust. Knew I should have tested before returning to the land of nod after my toilet break at 6am! ;)

Ah, well, tomorrow's another day!
OR the low carbs and extra exercise took your bg lower than your liver was happy with and it was a bit enthusiastic with its,assistance

Reactions: 10 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day61ND 4.6. Windy and raining.
@vit90 Have really noticed how hunger is increased by exercise. I am hoping that when I finish ND, I will be able to accommodate more exercise without feeling an urge to devour everything in sight, by including more real foods.

This is precisely my problem at the moment... oops, just saw you were referring to me :) Problem is I am sort of hooked on being active at the moment and have worked out a schedule of doing a small supermarket seryday which involves a walking route that takes an hour and 20 minutes (not including the shopping bit) and according to my app it's about 5.4 miles. Have done that 5 times this week already. Done a shorter route (2 miles) today but going out with my wife on the bikes shortly! Got to work harder at not compensating by out of control snacking later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
OR the low carbs and extra exercise took your bg lower than your liver was happy with and it was a bit enthusiastic with its,assistance

That may well have played a part. However, I'd expect that reaction to have been during or shortly after my walk? Rather than the next morning?

May be it was the outta wack macro combinations?

2% carbohydrate 9.7 g
12% protein 67.2 g
86% fat 217.7 g

Who knows?

I do heavily suspect it's more likely I tested post as opposed to normally testing pre dawn phenomenon.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
7.5 this morning up early cause got diabetic nurse appointment at Lewisham hospital and Dad has got an xray booked for this morning too

Reactions: 19 people
Status
Not open for further replies.