New Baby News

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I already said congrats on the other thread, Lolli, but I'll say it again - you did really well!

I love the name - so pretty.

Hoping both of you are feeling ok today XXX

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations !!!!

What fantastic news that you are both safe , look at all her hair !! She looks perfect , love what you have named her very sweet .
Is such a massive shock to the system isn't it when you have to have emergency c section , even though you think you've prepared yourself for all the 'ifs' when it actually happens is a shock , how are you feeling now from your section , hope your not feeling to bad ?
Big fingers crossed you get to have Hugs with your little girl real soon , so glad she's doing well .
Look after your self xxx

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations! I love the name Amber, it was on my girl's list but we had a boy

Lolli24

Wanted to put a better picture of Amber and let you know she's doing really well and hopefully being discharged from special care today.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1431496095.827976.jpg

Reactions: 6 people

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
She's gorgeous Lolli! Huge congrats again and good luck with getting her out of special care! Have you managed to get lots of cuddles now? Hope you're starting to recover from her delivery. X

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
She's so sweet, Lolli!

I'm so pleased she's doing well. Bet you can't wait to have her home with you!

C

catherinecherub

Congratulations on your beautiful baby. Welcome her to the world from me. xxxxx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Such a cute picture lolli , you must be a very proud mummy .
Hopefully Amber got discharged today and all is going well , how are you feeling after your c section , hope your healing ok
Take care , enjoy. :) xxx

Lolli24

She was discharged on Thursday and everything is going fine at home!! Thank you everyone for all your support and kind words! I can't wait to enjoy every minute with her xxx

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm joining the 'early club'! Our darling baby boy was born yesterday at 37 weeks after a long induction :)

He's in NICU and its still early days, but he's doing well and we utterly adore him <3

I'm still in hospital so this is short but sweet : D So glad he's here safely.

Reactions: 5 people

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Huge congratulations Azure! I'm glad he's doing well, how're you? What did you call him? Well done!! X

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
She was discharged on Thursday and everything is going fine at home!! Thank you everyone for all your support and kind words! I can't wait to enjoy every minute with her xxx

So happy to of read this post , well done to the both of you , hope your feeling ok after section and little one is doing fab !
Have fun hehe. xxx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm joining the 'early club'! Our darling baby boy was born yesterday at 37 weeks after a long induction :)

He's in NICU and its still early days, but he's doing well and we utterly adore him <3

Congratulations !! Hope you and baby are doing well , can't wait to hear all about it .
Take care. x

Lolli24

Congratulations hunny! Hope you are both ok and that he isn't In NICU for too long. Well done xxxxx

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Wonderful news :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Glad to read your happy baby news Azure. I hope you are both healthy and will be home soon..

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you everyone :)

Everything's still a bit of a whirl but we're both home from hospital now.

We've called our little boy Samuel :) He weighed 6lb 1oz at birth and spent 3 days in NICU due to lung issues (probably because he was early). He's doing really well, and it's not exaggerating to say we adore him <3

Just a short bit about the induction: I phoned triage because my blood sugars were lower than I'd have expected over a couple of days, and I was admitted and induced as a precaution in case of placenta deterioration.

I'd like to say a big thank you to the other ladies on here, particularly Lolli, Cloe and Jess because their recent experiences meant I took these low sugars seriously and made that important call to the triage team. I knew that hypos could signal placenta problems, but I didn't realise that it wasn't that uncommon - I'd assumed it was some rare thing. If I hadn't been on this forum and read your experiences, I might not have taken things seriously. So thank you all. XX

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Azure :

This was such a lovely message to read , I'm so glad your both doing amazingly well .
Lovely name choice too , and what a perfect weight . :p
I can imagine your heads still all over the place at the moment , as you never know what to expect fully Untill it's happend then the shock kicks in lol it's brilliant your both at home .
Enjoy your little baby , take care. xxx

Reactions: 4 people