Medtronic MiniMed 640G System

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i don't to be honest, i didn't ask. the rep just said it was coming with all the new pumps.... i am assuming it's medtronic

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
I received the promised free silicon case which is of very high quality.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1431858423.105973.jpg

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
Battery is still on half full too
Better than expected.

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
my battery lasted 4 weeks. when it got to low it lasted about 6 hrs before it died. i had to buy my case. hate it, attracts all the dust and cat hair so took it straight off. it is high quality but **** material.

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
that is a lithium battery tho. medtronic send out alkaline and i hear people are not getting very long on them, esp if used with the cgm. some are like 5 days!

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
Mine is alkaline. the case was free so hey ho, I need case for work as I do a dirty job.
I am liking the pump so far, I had a vibe for 5 years before that

pereed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi , I see a lot of you have upgraded your pumps recently, how long do you have to have your pump before you can upgrade?
I've had my Medtronic about. 3 1/2 years now and I'm looking forward to have a shinny new pump

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
@Spicey245 Any news on your pump yet?
Nope, not heard anything yet. Jan (my DSN) is just waiting for Medtronic to contact her so they can arrange a trip to the Isle of Man to give the DSN's training and the patients too. Fingers crossed we hear something back by the end of May?!! :-/

I am REALLY hoping Medtronic fund the sensors!! That would be AMAZING... not holding my breath though!!

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I got the phone call today!!! I get the pump in two weeks!!!!! I'm SO HAPPY!!!!!!!

.... I know I'm getting the cgm to start with too -- but don't know full details and don't know if I'll have to give the whole of the cgm bit back once I'm settled in with the pump - but I am SUPER pleased/relieved!!

Those who already have the 640 are you liking it? (you're not allowed to say no... :D )

Reactions: 4 people

ConsultingTimeLordElf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi -Artemis- I have the 640g and I'm loving it. It has completely changed me for the better. I've only had it a week so we're still sorting out rations and rates but up to now it's been very beneficial.

Reactions: 5 people

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It is great but I'm still getting used to it after 3 weeks (I think I was too used to the Veo).

I'm still on the 1st battery, but I don't have the cgm.

The only thing I don't like about it is the clip. It is nowhere near as good as the one on the Veo. I had to phone Medtronic to tell them that the clip failed to hold the pump on my dressing gown, so it fell off. They sent out 2 replacement clips but the one I'm using is only a little bit better than the original.

Reactions: 2 people

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Ah brilliant -- thank you!

Do you both have the cgm or did you have it until you settled onto it? If you do/did, does the Smartguard work well for you?

Soooo can't wait to get it -- it's my 1st pump :)

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Unfortunately, I wasn't given the cgm along with the 640g.

ConsultingTimeLordElf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did get CGM with mine due to the fact I don't have hypo awareness. The smartguard works well as it suspends all insulin delivery if it detects that your BG is dropping rapidly. However, if you do get the CGM ensure to calibrate the sensor at least twice a day otherwise it will go haywire and stop working properly. Hope this helped.