The SCREAM thread

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well my lad (18 yrs old) just lost £30 today because someone was coming round to buy his Xbox 360 for £80 and I told him when it sold he could have £30 of it. (must point out here that on his 18th birthday I bought him an xbox one for £220 on the understanding that when the xbox 360 sold I would get the money for it towards the xbox one.) being the kind dad that I am i offered him £30 back but he would need to clean his room quickly as the guy was coming round in about 20 minutes. His response was "Ooooooooohhhhhhh". Well that did it, I shouted at him to get dressed and sent him to the shop for some bread. While he was out, I tidied his room, sold the xbox and and then untidied his room back to what it was. When he came in he didn't even know that I'd sold the box so I told him. "Where's my £30 then?" he said. "In my pocket where it's gonna stay" was the reply.......................then I told him about how I cleaned up and then dirtied his room up again. Think he might be back in again around 10pm:D:D
Job well done Dad ;)

Reactions: 5 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Discovering that your ''sugar free'' gum and sweets contain carbs you had no clue about GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Reactions: 3 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Wasps..............eeeeeeeek....seems to be quite a few about now.....been phobic about them since one got down my top without me realising,,,,I was shopping and kept jumping and scratching at whatever was irritating me....it got quite painful after a short while so when I got in the car I pulled my top forward to see a huge wasp and about 20 stings !!!! That was my second association with them as one previously got under my arm while I was watering the garden...I put my arm down and got stung 4 times....2 under arm and 2 on my boob :(...hate them with a passion

I killed an entire nest last year .... under my house ..... even got one trying to fly back to the nest with the powder that I sprayed straight in his face. We hate them. Dangerous in the extreme.

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Wasps..............eeeeeeeek....seems to be quite a few about now.....been phobic about them since one got down my top without me realising,,,,I was shopping and kept jumping and scratching at whatever was irritating me....it got quite painful after a short while so when I got in the car I pulled my top forward to see a huge wasp and about 20 stings !!!! That was my second association with them as one previously got under my arm while I was watering the garden...I put my arm down and got stung 4 times....2 under arm and 2 on my boob :(...hate them with a passion
Ooh, nasty.....

S

Sable_Jan

Discovering that your ''sugar free'' gum and sweets contain carbs you had no clue about GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
They may not be "available" carbs tho. Sugar substitutes with no calories are often quite high in carbs. One of the packs I looked at today actually said it was 100% carbs only 43 were "available" so your body can't/doesn't use it hth x

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They may not be "available" carbs tho. Sugar substitutes with no calories are often quite high in carbs. One of the packs I looked at today actually said it was 100% carbs only 43 were "available" so your body can't/doesn't use it hth x
Thanks for that....I use Nicotinell sugar free gum cos I quit smoking and find a Werthers sugar free sweet can take the edge off hunger ...relieved to know they may not be as bad as I feared. :)

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They often contain sorbitol too. A laxative!
Ohhhh I wish that part worked for me.....I just don't seem to go to the loo anymore...there doesn't seem to be any ''waste'' at all. I don't feel uncomfy or anything...I just don't go these days....once a week if I am lucky ..so not sure what's going on ?

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Thanks for that....I use Nicotinell sugar free gum cos I quit smoking and find a Werthers sugar free sweet can take the edge off hunger ...relieved to know they may not be as bad as I feared. :)
Just seen those sweets advertised recently....are they as good as originals?
And am sooooooooo pleaded you've quit smoking. My kids dad died at 56 from smoking related lung cancer....every person who tell me they've stopped makes me feel so happy :)

S

Sable_Jan

Ohhhh I wish that part worked for me.....I just don't seem to go to the loo anymore...there doesn't seem to be any ''waste'' at all. I don't feel uncomfy or anything...I just don't go these days....once a week if I am lucky ..so not sure what's going on ?
Well in manufacturing they say "**** in; **** out" so I guess you're not eating "****" anymore just the good stuff ;)....

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just seen those sweets advertised recently....are they as good as originals?
And am sooooooooo pleaded you've quit smoking. My kids dad died at 56 from smoking related lung cancer....every person who tell me they've stopped makes me feel so happy :)
Yes they are every bit as yummy as the originals...I buy the little boxes of them from Morrisons....one box lasts me easily a week...not sure how many is in it but it only weighs 42g....I have just a couple a day when I crave something sweet or am a little hungry. They seem to take the edge off hunger which stops me nibbling and snacking. I quit smoking after 44 years and it is the single best thing I ever did. Almost 8 months now and going strong. :D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Arrgghhhhhhhh, things I have reported :arghh: no response :arghh: certain things going awol :arghh: sometimes I just need to say, what the heck, get on with it then............................... a final :arghh: better now :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Arrgghhhhhhhh, things I have reported :arghh: no response :arghh: certain things going awol :arghh: sometimes I just need to say, what the heck, get on with it then............................... a final :arghh: better now :rolleyes:
Can't beat a good :arghh: to get it all out your system.......:D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Take the last post as half a scream then, sorted :) grrrrrrreat :)

S

Sable_Jan

It's quite cathartic to write it all down and get it off your chest :D especially when I'm being nosy and wondering what's up and what you just reported ;);)