1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

The SCREAM thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Robinredbreast, Apr 19, 2015.

1. NicolaB70

NicolaB70 · Guest

Just spent 10 bloody minutes writing a reply on that thread to find it's locked or whatever when I hit post reply! Arghhh. Maybe this should go on the scream thread!
    Have now managed to reply on that thread!

• Like Like x 7
  2. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Yes you are nosey, but all in the best possible taste ;) :p x

• Like Like x 6
  3. Gezzabelle

Gezzabelle Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Yesssss...do tell....then we can all have a :arghh: on your behalf :D

• Like Like x 6
  4. Robinredbreast

You have ?? :wideyed: thumbs up

• Like Like x 2
  5. Robinredbreast

All sorted now, peace and harmony............... now that's another thread, doh :rolleyes: :p

• Like Like x 8
  6. NicolaB70

NicolaB70 · Guest

Yeah, it's reappeared

• Like Like x 2
  7. chris lowe

chris lowe · Guest

I noticed that the other day, but then who is going to each 100g of chewing gum? :confused:

• Like Like x 5
  8. chris lowe

chris lowe · Guest

Recipe in todays paper for "sugar free" apple crumble (actually apple and raspberry crumble but let's not split hairs) in the apples was 3 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp in the crumble mix. Honey is still sugar in another form. Same with the silly Davina McColl "sugar free" cooking book where the recipes had ridiculous quanties of maple syrup and honey :mad:

• Like Like x 11
  9. Robinredbreast

That's big Arrrggghhhhhhhhhhh :rolleyes::arghh:

• Like Like x 5
  10. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

I guess if the recipes were using flour we could also argue that would break down to sugar too.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

It IS low GI I guess but bet they were "normal" flour...

12. Gezzabelle

Making stupid mistakes and failing to understand what I can and can't eat.....:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

• Like Like x 5
  13. Robinredbreast

That's it :p( I'm still doing it after 26 years ) and some days I could just :arghh::banghead::arghh::banghead::arghh::banghead:

• Like Like x 5
  14. Gezzabelle

Lmao....glad I'm not alone then :)....we need a **sitting in the corner sucking my thumb emoticon**.....the hitting my head up the wall one just doesn't cover my frustration.......but it will do for now ....just when I thought I was making progress.......:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::arghh::arghh::arghh::(:confused::confused::confused::(

• Like Like x 4
  15. billyhill2

billyhill2 Type 2 · BANNED

I could kick myself for waiting so long before posting on here and asking for help. Is there a kick me up the backside smiley? The welcome I received has been and still is tremendous.
    So the waiting deserves a scream :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
    the welcome, an applause (no applause smiley) so I'll :singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing: praises instead

• Like Like x 6
  16. Gezzabelle

:hilarious::woot:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

It's a steep learning curve at first and difficult to turn around previously held healthy eating beliefs.....whilst they hold true in many ways and for many people it has to be rethought for anyone diagnosed with (pre) diabetes. Lots of tweaking needed. Have patience with yourself x you WILL get there....

• Like Like x 3
  18. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Welcome to the madhouse Billy.... :cool:;)

• Like Like x 4
  19. Robinredbreast

Also called Looney tunes :wacky::p

• Like Like x 4
  20. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Just got a delivered (thru box but not posted) letter to attend an interview for fly tipping ... Gave friend a load of boxes for moving house and think her landlord must e dumped the unused ones with rubbish when they cleared old flat out. Grrrrrrrrrr.
    So if you ever give boxes away for moving don't leave your address on them....and half way thru writing this Bligh started digging compost pile out....nor worried abt that, just hope he's not started his paw bleeding again..

• Like Like x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook