Status
Not open for further replies.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All forum software seems to have rankings - and the rankings are usually based on the number of posts the person has made. What displays are labels dreamed up by the forum admin. I'm thinking somehow they may have been reset to the software defaults because they seem pretty unimaginative now :p

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I guess to recreate a form of hierarchy we will just have to have a competition to see who can get the most 'likes' or something.

Reactions: 5 people
M

mrspuddleduck

are we all regulars now ?
NO Im a Rookie now so here goes:-

Dear Forum admin/manager. I personally would like to express my concern at being called a 'ROOKIE'. I find the term rather offensive and judgemental, appearing to originate from an americanism which implies someone who has no knowledge or experience. It is a term which is included in populist vocabulary with the intention of ridicule. Not very nice for a forum whos aim is apparently to provide support and advice to people who may be in a vulnerable or unwell condition.
Sue :(

Reactions: 15 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
NO Im a Rookie now so here goes:-

Dear Forum admin/manager. I personally would like to express my concern at being called a 'ROOKIE'. I find the term rather offensive and judgemental, appearing to originate from an americanism which implies someone who has no knowledge or experience. It is a term which is included in populist vocabulary with the intention of ridicule. Not very nice for a forum whos aim is apparently to provide support and advice to people who may be in a vulnerable or unwell condition.
Sue :(

Actually, I mentioned that to someone in a pm a little while ago, the word Rookie and American, would seem the forum are casting there nets very wide indeed and now members who do post a lot and who have been here for years, have been demoted ie :- legend to regular. Definitely a thumbs down from me :(
Will wait in anticipation for an informative and positive reply. But I wont hold my breath :wideyed:

Reactions: 7 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I was a legend!

Now I've been demoted to regular!

I'm weird!

I'm not a regular!

Come on guys, what's happening here?

p170977_d_v7_aa.jpg

and proud :happy:

Reactions: 12 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wish there were an option to remove the post count and 'like' count altogether.

I think posts should be taken on their own merit, not because someone is an experienced poster.
And I've sometimes seen people treated with less tolerance because they are 'new'. Even if they are experienced diabetics with years of valuable knowledge and experience.

Reactions: 13 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wish there were an option to remove the post count and 'like' count altogether.

I think posts should be taken on their own merit, not because someone is an experienced poster.
And I've sometimes seen people treated with less tolerance because they are 'new'. Even if they are experienced diabetics with years of valuable knowledge and experience.
Ooops, just 'liked' this post, but perhaps the poster would rather I didn't? ;)

S

Sable_Jan

I don't know what I am now cos I'm using the App. To be quite honest I can't see any point of the titles at all. As @Brunneria says they don't mean anything. ......

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am now a regular. I was a legend. I will always be a legend to me..:wacky: (feels like a song coming on)
As long as I know who the mods are. That's all that matters.
I always feel safe when the guardians of peace & defenders of good taste are present.. :cool:

.... Now que that song.!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooops, just 'liked' this post, but perhaps the poster would rather I didn't? ;)
:D

I like to like.
I just wish the dratted things weren't counted.
It feels like we have obligatory score cards, which I find unpleasant.

Reactions: 13 people

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think that by displaying experience of a poster, other posters can and should be more gentle with less experienced posters, who may be very experienced with diabetes, but less experienced with forum etiquette and internet abbreviations etc.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But why wouldn't we extend the same civility to everyone?

If people are regulars, we soon recognise them. But politeness should be a default setting.
I admit to being short with some people, some time (cough), but they are usually people who have ticked me off repeatedly. A new person would never get that (from me. I hope.)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Your thread has been moved. Edited

It would of been good forum etiquette for June to be told why it was moved at the time. a short sentence at the time, I'm sure, would of been more than adequate :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
:D

I like to like.
I just wish the dratted things weren't counted.
It feels like we have obligatory score cards, which I find unpleasant.

I honestly don't look at the likes, I have no idea how many you have or June C or sable_jan, or anyone else has. If changes are to be made, then let them be for the better, even noblehead didn't appear to know what was going on last night and he is a moderator FGS :wideyed:
I have now tagged admin and Giverny, so lets see what happens :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It would of been good forum etiquette for June to be told why it was moved at the time. a short sentence at the time, I'm sure, would of been more than adequate :)

.... Or an explaination using interpretive dance. :D

Reactions: 6 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone else noticed that there is a new category now - "Rookie" and we all seem to have been changed. As an example, I started out as a "Newcomer", then became a "Regular" and then a "Senior". I've now gone back to "Regular" and some "Legends" have become "Senior". Would love to know how these categories are arrived at. TBH, I don't really mind what I'm called, even silly cow if it's applicable, I'm just curious as to how the system works.

I appreciate that this isn't really a question about diabetes, more about the forum, so hope it won't get deleted.

Being a child of the test tube era.. I fancy a ranking system like this..!

DCUKNRS.jpg

Reactions: 15 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I don't give a **** really as long as you folks help me when I need it and I can help others when they need it .
Does it really matter :shy::shy:

Reactions: 11 people
Status
Not open for further replies.