Replacement Knee

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Op done and I'm in enhanced recovery ward, bg is 9.8 still fasting and I've just had a slice of white bread toasted and a Cup of tea. I haven't had any insulin yet but the pain meds are great
Good to hear from you. I was in enhanced recovery too (high dependency unit). Best place, but be prepared for a disturbed night. I got checked on every 5 minutes - at least that's how it seemed!

Are you wearing inflatable boots?

Reactions: 4 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
So glad its all over for you,the physio will have you up tomorrow.
All the best,thinking about you x

Reactions: 2 people

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Good to hear from you. I was in enhanced recovery too (high dependency unit). Best place, but be prepared for a disturbed night. I got checked on every 5 minutes - at least that's how it seemed!

Are you wearing inflatable boots?
Yes the boots are great , but the knee is getting very sore so they put in a morphing driver, need to give it a chance to work x

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
The pain is awful, the pain relief going into my arm tissue so I need the drip moved I also have my leg packed with ice .
Bg is 9.8

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Wishing you a "big cheer up' with ongoing improvement today, a 6.2 FBG is a pretty good start.

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Op done and I'm in enhanced recovery ward, bg is 9.8 still fasting and I've just had a slice of white bread toasted and a Cup of tea. I haven't had any insulin yet but the pain meds are great
Well done Lorraine, we are with you all the way.... Just do what you have to, don't rush it....take care.

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Well done Lorraine, we are with you all the way.... Just do what you have to, don't rush it....take care.
I have been on a UK patient forum and they have helped enormously... http://www.patient.co.uk/forums not sure if I can post this but all on the forum have had the same op and are coping differently helping each other.

The forum is under Knee Problems.

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have been on a UK patient forum and they have helped enormously... http://www.patient.co.uk/forums not sure if I can post this but all on the forum have had the same op and are coping differently helping each other.

The forum is under Knee Problems.
Quite agree, Hazel.

Joined this forum and they saw me through the worst. Just knowing that all of my many ups and downs were perfectly normal helped me enormously. Made some good friends too.

For the first time in over a year, I drove myself to the opticians and then did a shop in Waitrose this morning. Can't emphasise the sense of achievement, albeit very tiring.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
The pain is awful, the pain relief going into my arm tissue so I need the drip moved I also have my leg packed with ice .
Bg is 9.8

Sheesh LD ...... hate to hear that and REALLY hope it gets well soon. My next door neighbour did a double not so long back and she's all good now and she was / is 63.

Wishing you my best

Mike :)

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Quite agree, Hazel.

Joined this forum and they saw me through the worst. Just knowing that all of my many ups and downs were perfectly normal helped me enormously. Made some good friends too.

For the first time in over a year, I drove myself to the opticians and then did a shop in Waitrose this morning. Can't emphasise the sense of achievement, albeit very tiring.
WOW Lynn, that is a fantastic news, just watch yourself for the rest of the day. Doing something 'normal' after this op can take a lot of out of you much more than you expect.

Going out for the rest of the day with my granddaughter so I will expect to take it easy tomorrow

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Hello everyone , I've been up walking a few steps today and I hope to get home tomorrow

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Lao Tzu

Wow that was a very quick "getting better", best wishes for your quick and total recovery.

Jezhenderson

Having pre op assessment on Monday and this morning had a letter asking to phone re two dates on offer for the op. As the office is closed today going to take the letter with me on Monday. Second knee replacement, not looking forward to the after effects of pain and stay in hospital then slow recovery at home but it has to be done so I had best shut up now:sorry: that's the problem with knowing whats going to happen next, I was so unprepared when I had the left knee done 7 years ago...I did say at the time....never again! Just thankful we don't have three knees...;)
I also have have been told I should have a right knee replacement but at 70 and a type two diabetic Ian concerned about infections and I also ride a motorcycle.