Replacement Knee

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Having pre op assessment on Monday and this morning had a letter asking to phone re two dates on offer for the op. As the office is closed today going to take the letter with me on Monday. Second knee replacement, not looking forward to the after effects of pain and stay in hospital then slow recovery at home but it has to be done so I had best shut up now:sorry: that's the problem with knowing whats going to happen next, I was so unprepared when I had the left knee done 7 years ago...I did say at the time....never again! Just thankful we don't have three knees...;)

Reactions: 8 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
:borg: Don't worry

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Having pre op assessment on Monday and this morning had a letter asking to phone re two dates on offer for the op. As the office is closed today going to take the letter with me on Monday. Second knee replacement, not looking forward to the after effects of pain and stay in hospital then slow recovery at home but it has to be done so I had best shut up now:sorry: that's the problem with knowing whats going to happen next, I was so unprepared when I had the left knee done 7 years ago...I did say at the time....never again! Just thankful we don't have three knees...;)

Deep breaths and try to think of the positives. I hope you have a healthy and a speedy recovery.

Take care RRB :)

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Hello Hazel, tomorrow I'm going to hospital for my pre op assessment . I had my left knee done 3 years ago and now it's my right knee. The last time my blood pressure dropped very low so my hospital stay was a little longer than normal . But new knees will be great. I miss not being able to get out walking . I've no offer of a date yet .
Here's hoping your op goes smoothly and you have a speedy recovery .

Reactions: 9 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hello Hazel, tomorrow I'm going to hospital for my pre op assessment . I had my left knee done 3 years ago and now it's my right knee. The last time my blood pressure dropped very low so my hospital stay was a little longer than normal . But new knees will be great. I miss not being able to get out walking . I've no offer of a date yet .
Hi lorraine deer, all goes well for your op assesment sending you best wishes and warm (((((((((hugs))))))))

Janiept

Expert
Yes lots of warm wishes coming at you Lorraine and hoping it all goes smoothly for you. Let us know how it goes won't you x

Reactions: 6 people

Janiept

Expert
I hope your assessment goes well @HazelD and that your op goes smoothly. Let us know when it's going to happen won't you. It must be a worry knowing what to expect but the promise of being more mobile might make it bearable? Take Care x

Reactions: 5 people

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Hi Lorraine, I have got 26th March for the op. Hope you get your date soon. Best Wishes.

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
I hope your assessment goes well @HazelD and that your op goes smoothly. Let us know when it's going to happen won't you. It must be a worry knowing what to expect but the promise of being more mobile might make it bearable? Take Care x
Thank you..

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Lorraine, I have got 26th March for the op. Hope you get your date soon. Best Wishes.

About 5/6 weeks time, hopefully the time will go very quickly and the Op will be over and done with. Lots of love and best wishes RRB x

Reactions: 2 people

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Hi Hazel , I had my assessment today and all good to go for the op. Your lucky you've got a date so close, I may have to wait about six months to get a date due to hospital cut backs.
Hopefully I'll get a cancelation .

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Hi Hazel , I had my assessment today and all good to go for the op. Your lucky you've got a date so close, I may have to wait about six months to get a date due to hospital cut backs.
Hopefully I'll get a cancelation .
They told me Dec then put it back to Jan because of the cuts so now just hanging on for March. I also asked for a cencellation if pos. Hope you don't have to wait so long.

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Thanks Hazel ,I'll keep you posted. Let me know how you get on.

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Physio session tomorrow, getting to know the physios so will know what excersies to do before the op and after... talk on what the op will do and how it will affect us in hospital...ask questions etc. I think its a 2 hour session. Will let you know how it goes.

Totally diffferent from when I had my left knee done 7 years ago, then it was go for pre op assessment, given a leaflet with excerises to do, then turn up on this date for the op!

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Just got back from the physio clinic. First totally different experience to my last replacement knee op. Taken in a group to have a video presentation of the knee showing via diagrams what is to take place. Talk by the physios and then questions.. Shown the pre op exercises and also given a pair of crutches to take home to practice walking, sitting and going up and down stairs with them. Booklet with all information in and the exercises to do at home afterwards. I was in hospital last time for 7 days, they aim to get patients home 2/3 days unless complication arise. All in all a good two hours spent. Now its just a waiting time.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
All the best with your knee replacements.I had mine done last Febuary and a hip replacement last October.
Both are great,best thing I ever did,the more you exersize after the opp the better the result.I was only in for two days with both,and I only took Paracetamol when I came home.for about two weeks.

Reactions: 6 people