Working when retired

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Does anyone know how much one can earn before being taxed when retired ...been offered a couple of jobs but do not like the idea of paying tax :banghead:

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Depends on your age I think, plus you don't have to be working to pay tax it depends how much income you get in total, my dad pays tax and he's nearly 80 his small works pension takes him into the tax bracket, try looking at the yougov web site under tax ( sorry can't get link at the moment for you)

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are in receipt of any pension, if it takes you over the personal allowance threshold then anything extra earned by you will be taxed:
Personal Allowance for people born after 5 April 1948: £10,600

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You don't pay National Insurance if older than state retirement age.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
thank you for the replies will check the link above out I have been offered a job but as I said I do not fancy working then having to pay tax :banghead:

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
thank you for the replies will check the link above out I have been offered a job but as I said I do not fancy working then having to pay tax :banghead:

Good luck, my dad worked into his 80's after he fully retired, part-time, so I doubt if he would of paid tax. I couldn't ask him now, as I'm afraid he wouldn't remember.