The SCREAM thread

C

chris lowe

This job is really getting to me at the moment ,had a very bad day yesterday , parked up in the yard at work midnight last night after 16 hrs managed to get about 5 hrs sleep , bloods up a bit for me this morning , back pain muzzy head and cramp in my fingers . The boss said one word out of place and I nearly took his head off :mad::mad::mad::mad: Can I blame it on being diabetic ?? :wacky::wacky::wacky:
Yes you can :)

Reactions: 9 people

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had someone come in and ask my manager about work experience. I could hear them talking and as soon as my manager said a half 9 start the guy basically begun complaining saying it's too early and could he come in after 12. He annoyed me so much, as if he could actually do that in a real job, half 9 is not early!! Makes me angry :mad:

Reactions: 9 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Had someone come in and ask my manager about work experience. I could hear them talking and as soon as my manager said a half 9 start the guy basically begun complaining saying it's too early and could he come in after 12. He annoyed me so much, as if he could actually do that in a real job, half 9 is not early!! Makes me angry :mad:
E wants to try some of my hrs ....yesterday pick up a group at 4.00am to go to st pancras from kensington , 1 hr later take a group to greenwich and meet them at westminster pier from the boat, then pm london s/ seeing , 7.pm another group from norway to dinner at the sir charles napier out at chinner,wait 'til 1030pm and back to thier london hotel

Reactions: 6 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I work from home much of the time, and for the past 4 years, there have been various building works going on in our (normally very quiet) neighbourhood, which can be very disruptive when I'm trying to concentrate - noise, dust, contractors' vehicles blocking the lane: you name it. At the beginning of the year, it finally stopped and peace reigned supreme.

Now another set of neighbours are having some landscaping done in their garden which, for the past four weeks, seems to have involved mainly cutting up paving stones with an angle grinder. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr; Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh etc...... :mad::mad::mad::(:(:(

Reactions: 6 people
C

chris lowe

Nothing to do with thread but I happen to be here - Psycho Killer by Talking Heads on OGWT ahhhhhrrrrrrg love that track

Reactions: 4 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I am 70 years old this year i finished work at 65 not because I wanted to but had to because social services made me....all very nice I am sure but ended up with high blood pressure, cholestral and Diabetes....so now I am being offered a job working for a care agency ((quandry)) do i take it or not,...... maybe not grrrr

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm getting to the stage where I am getting fed up! Positive about my condition 80% of the time but the other 20% sucks. Feel like every time I post, it's negative although I don't mean it to be.

Want to try another diet, yes I'm doing well but I am bored and don't think I can sustain, only problem is there is hardly anyone doing a different diet so would feel alone.

I believe my condition is related to my weight and I lost 2 stone on a different eating plan that I know works a few years back. I want to go back but scared I'll undo all the work. Husband is supportive but I can see the strain

SIGH, back under my rock I go!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm getting to the stage where I am getting fed up! Positive about my condition 80% of the time but the other 20% sucks. Feel like every time I post, it's negative although I don't mean it to be.

Want to try another diet, yes I'm doing well but I am bored and don't think I can sustain, only problem is there is hardly anyone doing a different diet so would feel alone.

I believe my condition is related to my weight and I lost 2 stone on a different eating plan that I know works a few years back. I want to go back but scared I'll undo all the work. Husband is supportive but I can see the strain

SIGH, back under my rock I go!
No need to hide. I think we all feel like that from time to time. Perhaps you could start a new thread for this change of diet? Maybe there are others doing it too? I need to change things around from time to time too. Who knows, you might help even me to start losing weight again!

Reactions: 5 people

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @zand I did think about it but I don't think it will get good reception and there is a thread in the good section somewhere but unfortunately not many people have answered. I'm not sure what's egging nee in so to speak, the fact that I know I can lose weight on it or having to accept that I can never go back!

Having days that, I wonder how much damage a week on the plan would do with the weight I've already lost...hmmmmm

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @zand I did think about it but I don't think it will get good reception and there is a thread in the good section somewhere but unfortunately not many people have answered. I'm not sure what's egging nee in so to speak, the fact that I know I can lose weight on it or having to accept that I can never go back!

Having days that, I wonder how much damage a week on the plan would do with the weight I've already lost...hmmmmm

Mrsmac - Sometimes you just have to try things. The thing about diabetes is that everyone is different.

I was lucky in that I have always been able to eat some food that others can't - like rice and oats, in relatively modest portions, and now I can eat more of those foods than when first diagnosed. So, the diet you fancy trying may work very well for you. Of course, it could quickly show to be unsuitable; but, provided you were testing, you would know why you couldn't really follow that route for the longer term. It seems to me that if it's eating away at you, then you have to give it a go. If you don't, do you think it'll nag on at you, until you rebel is some form?

I'm not telling you what to do, and clearly I have no idea how generally aligned your preferred way of eating might be to diabetes, but I'm being devil's advocate ad trying to find a positive viewpoint whereby you would learn from the experience, if it didn't work out for your diabetes.

Diabetes is the long game, so if you "invest" a couple of weeks, then have to modify things, it's unlikely to be a massive deal. I would say that it would be extremely important to be testing throughout though.

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Give us a clue to the plan, the thread etc. then we can comment. You are not alone, if you have a good plan I could join you.

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Honestly, I don't think many would want to risk it, sorry for seeming elusive. I'll create a post in the diet section and invite you guys to comment, see what you think

Reactions: 3 people

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ordered some clothes a couple of days ago and got a text today to say they had arrived and were in a safe place. Got home at 4:30pm to find the delivery driver had put the parcel by my front door in full view. Extremely annoyed as anyone could have stolen it!!! :mad:

At least my other parcel made it to a safe place over the back gate, just wondering why that one wasn't. Extremely frustrating.

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Ordered some clothes a couple of days ago and got a text today to say they had arrived and were in a safe place. Got home at 4:30pm to find the delivery driver had put the parcel by my front door in full view. Extremely annoyed as anyone could have stolen it!!! :mad:

At least my other parcel made it to a safe place over the back gate, just wondering why that one wasn't. Extremely frustrating.

Glad they were safe though, have you tried them on yet ?

Reactions: 2 people

Janiept

Expert
I think the porch sounds preferable to my last delivery Nicola. Dear delivery man dropped it into the wheelie bin so it was covered in all sorts of garbage. Yuk!

S

Sable_Jan

Had a similar incident last week.... UK Mail....big parcels usually left behind bins at side of house...New twist......leave parcel on doorstep, bring bin to front and place in front of parcel....nearly reversed into dam thing....good job I've got a parking sensor... Plus rather obvious something is behind bin... Got security cameras so would show anyone nicking it ...but it done catch em as well......