Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. Haven't been here for a while. Was getting levels In 6s few weeks ago. Then like,a bolt from the blue was diagnosed with cancer. Had a big operation 6 weeks,ago and have taken that long to start feeling ok again. Have not been low carbing but havn't gone mad. Level this morning was over 12. Need a bit of encouragement to get back to it. Any help gratefully received.
Wishing you a thorough and quick recovery.

Reactions: 2 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Haven't been here for a while. Was getting levels In 6s few weeks ago. Then like,a bolt from the blue was diagnosed with cancer. Had a big operation 6 weeks,ago and have taken that long to start feeling ok again. Have not been low carbing but havn't gone mad. Level this morning was over 12. Need a bit of encouragement to get back to it. Any help gratefully received.
So sorry to hear of your illness...it must have come as a terrible shock. I hope that the surgery was a success and that you feel better and stronger soon. You have done well not to 'go mad' while you have been away and I am sure that you will get back to lower numbers soon enough. In the meantime, try not to stress and know that everyone here is right behind you. Wishing you a speedy recovery x

Reactions: 6 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

Wishing you a smooth and steady recovery from your operation and current BG values.

Reactions: 4 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
5.4 mmol / L this morning.
4.3 mmol / L at bed time.

Bed time was half an hour before midnight. Morning test likely before my dawn phenomenon.

22g of carbs yesterday. ;)

Reactions: 24 people

Wildrover

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery, take care

Reactions: 9 people

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
7.6 this morning now for an omlette and 2 slices of tomatoes

Reactions: 17 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll try and keep this brief...
I was on full dose Metformin, Full dose Gliclazide and daily Lantus Insulin.
I first did the Newcastle Diet for 25 weeks starting last June (a long time, I know) and lost 5.1 stone. Managed to stop all medication and went on a low carb diet. I panicked a bit about loose skin so I put on 4.5 kilos then realised I shouldn't have worried so I maintained my weight with the low carb diet.
I'm on a low budget so I tend to eat the same thing everyday...
Breakfast was 2 slices Burgen bread toasted
Lunch was an Asda Good and Balanced Ham and boiled Egg Salad
Dinner was a breast of chicken with salad.​
With that diet I maintained my weight and stayed off medication until Mid April when I decided I wanted to lose a bit more weight down to a "healthy" weight and to get my BMI down to a "healthy" figure.
So I decided to do the Newcastle Diet again and this time for 10 weeks.
Currently on week 9 and have lost a further 1.2 stone so far. My weight and BMI are now in the healthy range and I'm still in good control of my blood sugars without any medication.
When I finish in just over a weeks time I will go back to my low carb diet with the only change being the change from Burgen to the Lidl rolls you introduced me to in your other post.

Achieved:
  1. Large weight loss (5.7 stone)
  2. Come off medication
  3. Great control of blood sugars
  4. Healthy BMI
  5. Smaller, better fitting clothes
  6. Much happier
Hope that helps answer your questions and feel free to ask more if you wish.

Cheers

Jim :)
Excellent Jim.

Low carb celebration at yours when you finish then.

I'll bring the red wine, sauerkraut and aldi chilli nuts. What low carb treats are others going to bring? Only one rule - no celery! Doncaster is going to rock!

Reactions: 9 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hola @comfort

I hope the sun is shining for you today and long may it continue to do so. All the best for your recovery.

Reactions: 4 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Excellent Jim.

I'll bring the red wine, sauerkraut and aldi chilli nuts. What low carb treats are others going to bring? Only one rule - no celery! Doncaster is going to rock!

Am I banned then? ;)

I'll make low carb high protein pancakes if I can't have my beloved celery and peanut butter! Sob! Sob! ;)

Reactions: 7 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Excellent Jim.

Worthy of a thread of it's own ... THE low carb celebration!

Reactions: 6 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning (6.20AM) and 5.6 last night (11PM). Having a bit of a nut snacking issue at the moment!

Reactions: 20 people
Status
Not open for further replies.