Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am I banned then? ;)

I'll make low carb high protein pancakes if I can't have my beloved celery and peanut butter! Sob! Sob! ;)

Got a new blender with a couple of chopper and grinder accessories (Tefal Fruit Sensation) and made some DIY peanut butter yesterday - really nice but ended up with me consuming far too many peanuts for one day :( Celery/peanut butter combo sounds interesting and I will have to try it!

Reactions: 2 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

Not posted for a couple of days - had to escape to my non celery 'safe place' but feeling ok now especially as celery is not one of aldi's super six savers this week.

6.8 fasting as has been over the last 2 days. Not bad, not brill but nice sunny day down here at saga central.

Reactions: 20 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got a new blender with a couple of chopper and grinder accessories (Tefal Fruit Sensation) and made some DIY peanut butter yesterday - really nice but ended up with me consuming far too many peanuts for one day :( Celery/peanut butter combo sounds interesting and I will have to try it!
There can only be one answer to that combo and @nomistheman knows the answer.

Reactions: 9 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 mmol / L this morning.
4.3 mmol / L at bed time.

Bed time was half an hour before midnight. Morning test likely before my dawn phenomenon.

22g of carbs yesterday. ;)

You mention the dawn effect a lot :) What do we know about this? What causes it and how relevant is it? I think it's directly relevant to this thread. I thought it was triggered by waking up rather than being at a specific time in the morning but I could be wrong.

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Morning troops

Not posted for a couple of days - had to escape to my non celery 'safe place' but feeling ok now especially as celery is not one of aldi's super six savers this week.

6.8 fasting as has been over the last 2 days. Not bad, not brill but nice sunny day down here at saga central.

Liked for the "Celery Saga"! ;)

Reactions: 4 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Worthy of a thread of it's own ... THE low carb celebration!
How about we book out McDonalds for a low carb party? Black coffees and double cheeseburgers (bar the bun) all round and bring your own celery stick if you feel so inclined.

Would they see the funny side or would they make us see the door? Could understand them throwing us out if you brought your own food but I get that. Perfectly reasonable.

Reactions: 4 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Started a new tub of strips today so tested twice (once with the last of the old tub and once with the first of the new) - I do that to give me a bit of confidence that there's nothing wrong with the new pot :)

Readings were 5.0 and 5.1

Reactions: 18 people

Bewildered

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7 this morning, had friends over last night, they had booze, crisps and cookies, I had water :(

Reactions: 18 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
You mention the dawn effect a lot :) What do we know about this? What causes it and how relevant is it? I think it's directly relevant to this thread. I thought it was triggered by waking up rather than being at a specific time in the morning but I could be wrong.

It's a natural kick start to the day that all people have. Just that people with Diabetes don't have the correct pancreatic reaction to balance the liver's kickstart.

I too think it's related to waking up but, more specifically, circadian rhythms. I believe it may adjust it's timing depending on sleeping and waking pattern. My own tends to be around 7am.

Yesterday my waking test was 6.4 mmol / L at 07:51.
Later on my bold glucose was 7.3 mmol / L at 09:53 prior to my BulletProof Coffee.

Today's waking test was 5.4 mmol / L at 06:26.

Update:

6.7 mmol / L at 09:14 before BulletProof Coffee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 yesterday morning and 6.1 this morning - not been that high for ages but currently on holiday in sunny Guernsey so not being as strict re diet as normal.

Reactions: 17 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cant
Hi all. Haven't been here for a while. Was getting levels In 6s few weeks ago. Then like,a bolt from the blue was diagnosed with cancer. Had a big operation 6 weeks,ago and have taken that long to start feeling ok again. Have not been low carbing but havn't gone mad. Level this morning was over 12. Need a bit of encouragement to get back to it. Any help gratefully received.
Can't like you post but just want to wish you a speedy recovery, I hope you are doing better now.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.