Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting BG reading of 6.5 after a bedtime one of 6.6.

Reactions: 17 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

6.8 fasting - looks like that's my numbers for now.

Reading Dr Robert lustig's book at the mo - fat chance the hidden truth about sugar, obesity and disease. About half way through and very interesting. Picked it up from the library along with hugless Douglas and the birthday present. One is an easier read the the other but then again I'm not sure bears know that much about metabolic syndrome.

Bright sunny day down in saga central. Long may it continue.

Reactions: 20 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Apologises campers been AWOL for a few days, 5.3 this morning, this very very wet Manchester morn.

1 and half days before I jet off to Murcia for a few days.

Keep well folks.

Reactions: 25 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
After 7 something this morning I'm now 8.9. Two bergen toast at 7.30 and nothing since.

What's that all about.
I expect it's the toast... I assume it's made with wheat? Maybe some eggs and bacon might lower your numbers a bit... as they say on here - record it and move on.. tomorrow's another day.... :)

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Apologises campers been AWOL for a few days, 5.3 this morning, this very very wet Manchester morn.

1 and half days before I jet off to Murcia for a few days.

Keep well folks.
Have a ball.... :)

Reactions: 5 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.0 this morning which I'm particularly pleased with because I tried some sweet potato for the first time last night - if I have potato it is horrendous for my blood sugar, but the sweet potato hardly touched my BS. It was also delicious :)
How nice.... :) I am going to try it...

Reactions: 8 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

5.8 for me at 08.00hrs

Reactions: 24 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@BooJewels
When I had this problem, @Spiker said I should drink much more water. I did, and the problem fixed itself over a few days. Hope this helps
Flax and milled chia seed are much kinder and better for you than wheat of any shape... :)

Reactions: 12 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sorry... been trying to catch up with days missed.... 5.1 yesterday and 6.5 this morning... :(

Reactions: 23 people
Status
Not open for further replies.