FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Don't think anyone, once they've started using CGM, thinks they aren't!

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At the moment... artex ceilings. Also the concrete patio.
OMG! It's DISPATCHED!!!! This is better than CHRISTMAS! :D

Reactions: 4 people

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I seem to be getting a large spike around an hour after eating, would this be due to the time I'm taking insulin? Not too sure how to correct considering it falls itself a short while after.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
You are discovering the same issue that many of us found re fast acting insulin. It takes a lot longer to have an effect than we are told. Most of us have found that injecting 20mins to half an hour prior to eating helps to reduce that spike, as the insulin kicks in as the food is taking effect. This you get a flatter line.

Reactions: 2 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I seem to be getting a large spike around an hour after eating, would this be due to the time I'm taking insulin? Not too sure how to correct considering it falls itself a short while after.
You could try injecting a bit earlier - the fall is your insulin acting a bit later than your food. Think of it as 2 graphs - insulin action and glucose action - and you want them to match, so they cancel each other out.

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you. I guess it's going to be a lot of trial and error, it shot up to 15~ calming down again yesterday and now it's slowly creeping past 9.

That's one advantage of the libre! I just wish there were a closer correlation wih my other meter.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you. I guess it's going to be a lot of trial and error, it shot up to 15~ calming down again yesterday and now it's slowly creeping past 9.

That's one advantage of the libre! I just wish there were a closer correlation wih my other meter.
Some sensors are quite accurate (my last one was) but it can be a bit of a lottery.

My first measure on today's new sensor was Libre: 5.8, Blood: 5.7 - hope that's a good sign.

encore1332

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not nice stuff
received my libre the other day and find it really interesting, its usually not far of my wavesense jazz readings at mealtimes. Have noticed that 2hours after eating/injecting the readings are slightly different but as one reading is blood glucose and the other isn't it doesn't bother me. Have found that the readings don't differ any more than when I try different meters at the same time.

misswhiplash

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
People who were "picked" not dispatched, did you get your new libres in the end? I am without following a spate of failures and I fear mine will never arrive :(

shaggy1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My sensors are still being listed as "picked", it's been 6 days since I ordered(or 4 working days) so I'm not too concerned at the moment.

misswhiplash

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My sensors are still being listed as "picked", it's been 6 days since I ordered(or 4 working days) so I'm not too concerned at the moment.

Same - mine were ordered on Thursday last week.
I was hoping to have them soon, though as I'm racing Fri/Sat/Sun and am currently sensorless...

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Some sensors are quite accurate (my last one was) but it can be a bit of a lottery.

My first measure on today's new sensor was Libre: 5.8, Blood: 5.7 - hope that's a good sign.
Mine tends to be within .2 difference of a morning but they can't make its mind up. Never been more than 1.4 out though which is good.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Being a lottery isn't good Rob, has there been any updates on how they are dealing with the problems that users have experienced?.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Being a lottery isn't good Rob, has there been any updates on how they are dealing with the problems that users have experienced?.
I've not seen any feedback. Generally they are very useful and the 4 erratic sensors I've had were replaced by Abbott.

Reactions: 3 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
On the arrival period for sensor orders, I placed an order on the 7th and it arrived on 15th. The time taken now seems to have increased.

obates

I found this when started using li re. Even if u dont scan it is recordedon a graph.
Depending on readings before meal. I usually do the following to prevent spikes - If its within range then inject ~15-20 mins before food; if its low then immediately before or during the meal; if higher than target range than up to 30 mins before food.