Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Shocker this morning - 9.1 and I'm not really sure why. The only unusual factor is that I'm still on a course of antibiotics. I haven't been restricting calories but I also haven't eaten anything I shouldn't have either. 7.4 at bed time last night. Exercise levels are down this week but actually yesterday wasn't too bad with 40 minutes of walking into town to the post office, which included some jogging as I was worried about missing the post. I also cycled to the corner shop (about a mile in total|).

Reactions: 20 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My testing is always high.
This morning was 12.5
I'm trying Canaglifloxin 300mg daily to pee out sugar.
If this doesn't work I'll have to use insulin. I don't want insulin. Maddy

Are you doing anything with your diet? Can you share with us what you had for meals and drinks yesterday?

Reactions: 3 people

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

6.8 fasting - looks like that's my numbers for now.

Reading Dr Robert lustig's book at the mo - fat chance the hidden truth about sugar, obesity and disease. About half way through and very interesting. Picked it up from the library along with hugless Douglas and the birthday present. One is an easier read the the other but then again I'm not sure bears know that much about metabolic syndrome.

Bright sunny day down in saga central. Long may it continue.

Fasting BG 115 mg/dL (6.4 mmol/L)

I started reading Fat Chance today, because I'm curious about "leptin resistance".

In this online article on leptin, Dr. Lustig is quoted... http://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/the-facts-on-leptin-faq?page=5&print=true
Sadly, the article's author offered no guidance on how to lower insulin, leptin, and triglyceride levels, which for most people is accomplished with the LCHF diet. :)

A few days ago, I stumbled onto a paper by Ron Rosedale, M.D., a family practice physician in Denver, Colorado and author of the book, The Rosedale Diet (2004). He writes a lot about insulin and leptin resistance, and its role in diabetes and obesity.

Early in his medical practice, he used the low fat, high carb diet to treat patients with metabolic syndrome. Then he, like a few other doctors, Dr. Bernstein comes to mind, realized that carbohydrates were making too many of his patients sicker rather than better, and switched to treating them with the LCHF diet. As he refined the diet, he began measuring his patient's insulin and leptin levels, which were almost always high, and fortunately, through use of the LCHF diet, nutritional supplements, and exercise, his patients reduced their insulin and leptin levels which lead to weight loss and, ultimately, reversal of their diabetes.

I read the first part and select sections of Rosedale's book and skimmed the rest. It's good. It reinforces much of what I've learned so far about the LCHF diet, but also gives a good overview of the nutritional supplements he uses with diabetic patients. In the next month or so, I'll report on whether or not taking the supplements help me bring my blood glucose levels down further. (I'm already on the LCHF diet and exercising).

Reading Lustig's book now to learn what the current science says about leptin, 10 years after Rosedale wrote his book.

Will be interested @Baruney to hear what you think of Lustig's book after you finish it. :)

Reactions: 14 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thursday 6.15am. 4.9mmol/L. Another mist-shrouded, rainy morning. Treadmill weather.

Having another heart investigation today, and wondering to myself if it might be a potassium/sodium interchange problem, and taking deep breaths to reduce stress. Otherwise, fine.

Be well everybody .
You too @Merrylizard1314 fingers crossed for you today.

Reactions: 7 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting BG 115 mg/dL (6.4 mmol/L)

I started reading Fat Chance today, because I'm curious about "leptin resistance".

In this online article on leptin, Dr. Lustig is quoted... http://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/the-facts-on-leptin-faq?page=5&print=true
Sadly, the article's author offered no guidance on how to lower insulin, leptin, and triglyceride levels, which for most people is accomplished with the LCHF diet. :)

A few days ago, I stumbled onto a paper by Ron Rosedale, M.D., a family practice physician in Denver, Colorado and author of the book, The Rosedale Diet (2004). He writes a lot about insulin and leptin resistance, and its role in diabetes and obesity.

Early in his medical practice, he used the low fat, high carb diet to treat patients with metabolic syndrome. Then he, like a few other doctors, Dr. Bernstein comes to mind, realized that carbohydrates were making too many of his patients sicker rather than better, and switched to treating them with the LCHF diet. As he refined the diet, he began measuring his patient's insulin and leptin levels, which were almost always high, and fortunately, through use of the LCHF diet, nutritional supplements, and exercise, his patients reduced their insulin and leptin levels which lead to weight loss and, ultimately, reversal of their diabetes.

I read the first part and select sections of Rosedale's book and skimmed the rest. It's good. It reinforces much of what I've learned so far about the LCHF diet, but also gives a good overview of the nutritional supplements he uses with diabetic patients. In the next month or so, I'll report on whether or not taking the supplements help me bring my blood glucose levels down further. (I'm already on the LCHF diet and exercising).

Reading Lustig's book now to learn what the current science says about leptin, 10 years after Rosedale wrote his book.

Will be interested @Baruney to hear what you think of Lustig's book after you finish it. :)
Sure at @Winnie53. Broken the back of it now. The earlier parts could be easy to skip as quite technical and had to reread several parts for the info to sink in but worth it as he's getting to his summary now.

Might be worth opening a new thread so we don't hijack this one and see if anybody else has read it. He's not overly fond of lchf per se.

Reactions: 2 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

5.7 fasting. Took the dog for a run on the north down way yesterday. Bit too hot for him despite it being 6 pm and far too many stinging nettles for my liking.

Anyhow stopped off at this farm I found that sells it's own unpasteurised milk from a vending machine! Basically you put your money in at 50 per half litre. Place your own bottle in the hatch and out comes this freezing cold lovelyness.

It's also got a farm shop selling unpasteurised yogurt and cheese. And own meat but was closed when I got there (the 'milkmate' is in a little shed outside. Can't wait to investigate further.

Reactions: 25 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 7.1 this morn.

Reactions: 20 people

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 at bedtime and 4.1 this morning :).

I completed 8 weeks on the ND yesterday and from today making the transition to LCHF for some continued weight loss and then maintenance. I will have to monitor all BG readings more closely over the next month to check out the impact of various food items.

Reactions: 26 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For some reason, I completely forgot to take a reading when I got up this morning. Remembered after I'd had my morning coffee (black) and it was 5.2, so my fasting won't have been a million miles from that :)

Reactions: 22 people
Status
Not open for further replies.