Wear your watch left or right hand....

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Left for me i`m left handed.

soroba1951

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people!
Right for me since had left arm in plaster 12 years ago and never went back to left!

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Right handed and wear watch on the left ... The wife never wears a watch !

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps the reason for the LHS is thats these old watches were easily wound up by the rigt hand ie for right handers. The opposite for lefties.
I'm left handed and when I used to need a watch, .I used to wear it on my left wrist, as this way the watch faces were oriented so that they were the correct way round to see the time, and to use the winder. Wearing one on my right wrist meant everything would have been back to front - i.e, either the face OK but winder on "wrong" side (up arm) and would have needed to be wound backwards,:wideyed: or if the winder was on the wrist side, the then face was upside down...

If I wear a digital watch i still wear it on my left had from force of a lifetime's habit.

Oh the trials of being left handed....:p

Robbity

Reactions: 6 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On my left wrist, right handed, right footed, use left foot for balance according to my old football coach! Funny I could bat left handed though!
I'm left footed as well as left handed apparently! And this greatly impressed some little lads who were kicking a ball around in our road - it came towards me so I kicked it back to them to the tune of "Oooooh!! Aaaah!! - She's LEFT footed! ":p:p

Robbity

Reactions: 4 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
If you look at the watch the winder is on the right so it makes it easier to wined up if it's on the left wrist also it will not get damaged as easily if you are right handed
Me being left handed , mine is on my right wrist

1103andrewb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being single after losing my wife to cancer last year xxx
right handed, wear watch on right wrist, my daughter does also, but I use my knife and fork wrong way round, so I am told.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not worn a watch for something like 25yrs. Never really need to know the time but if I do then there is always other ways to know, eg Phone.
But I just do what I have to do & never worry about the time, I do everything with passion & if under stress by a time scale then the end product is poorer than not worrying about the time.
Living by the clock is stressful & who really needs it. Just live for the moment & everything else will follow.

SandyDee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
right handed, wear watch on right wrist, my daughter does also, but I use my knife and fork wrong way round, so I am told.
Me too. I was always told off as a child for using the wrong hand for everything, my teacher at primary school used to say I was determined to be left handed but she wasn't going to allow it. I use my right hand for writing and nothing else.

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Me too. I was always told off as a child for using the wrong hand for everything, my teacher at primary school used to say I was determined to be left handed but she wasn't going to allow it. I use my right hand for writing and nothing else.
I had the same at school so I tend to use both hands I eat right wright left so I think school just confused things

Reactions: 2 people
C

chris lowe

Left hand side, right handed. Mr Chris is left handed but wears his on his left. He has and unfortunate effect on watches, the battery ones always conk out so now he's got a solar one. Son right handed but wears his on his right wrist, will have to ask him why, maybe it's an army thing???

Reactions: 2 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Not worn a watch for something like 25yrs. Never really need to know the time but if I do then there is always other ways to know, eg Phone.
But I just do what I have to do & never worry about the time, I do everything with passion & if under stress by a time scale then the end product is poorer than not worrying about the time.
Living by the clock is stressful & who really needs it. Just live for the moment & everything else will follow.
I so agree, I don' t always wear my watch as I tend to use my mobile more but one thing I can't stand is a clock in the living room. I just hate to be able to see the time all day/evening, hate living to time. It does have it's drawbacks as sometimes I get carried away with other things and get a shock when I do see the time, I prefer not to be ruled by a clock. Different of course if you have to go to work. The only clock I have is my bedside one

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use my knife and fork right handed but my spoon in my left hand. My father was also left handed and if he laid the table he used to always place my knife and fork the left handed way which used really to **** me off! He'd had his left hand tied behind his back at school to force him use his right hand, so as an adult he was almost aggressively left handed, and looking back I think he didn't want me to have to use my "wrong" hand for anything. I can't ever remember being corrected at any school for using my left hand even though apparently I used to write backwards at first. :wideyed: I think I was very lucky as I've come across other left handers of my generation - and younger too - who were forced to use their right hands.

Robbity

teacher123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wear mine on my left and left-handed.

My right has my type 1 insulin dependent wrist-band encase something ever happens!

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
I wear mine on my left wrist and I'm right-handed.

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Right wrist and I'm right handed. I'm ambidextrous to an extent as well. I used to write with my left hand until one day I switched to my right!

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No watch.... never late coz paranoid about being late.... and then Apple produce a "Watch" and I think the world has gone bonkers... what's wrong with Rolex if you want a watch to tell the time.